LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Percussion Section: Congo Drums/Instruments,etc.  (Read 2642 times)

Offline IvoryLevite

• LGM Member

Percussion Section: Congo Drums/Instruments,etc.
« on: December 14, 2004, 01:47:26 PM »
Hey LGM,
     As MD for my church band, I'm interested in adding a Percussion section to the group.  I need to know what is some of the best type of congo drums out today, that we could purchase.  Also, I need to know what else makes up a percussion section.  Any information and input you can give we be very appreciative.  Again, thanks and be bless!

Offline sambadrummer

• LGM Member

I got the solution
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2004, 12:15:11 PM »
God Bless

Well i play percussion at my local church, so i hope i could help you.  The percussion play gives flavor (spanish-flavor) to the music, it keeps the rythim and adds rythimc tones to the music.  A percussion play sould never play what the drummer is play, he or she should not interupt the drummer from any fills the drummer is doing.  The percussion is filling the music up, so it does not sound empty.

The first thing to set up the percussion side, is to get congas(with high stand) i recommend Lp Classic congas :D  (which is the one i use).  Buy the mini Lp (tito puente) timbales, this will be good for latin rythms and also after a drummers chops. Get a percussion table, and supply the percussionist with tamborines, shakers, triangles, jam blocks, cow bells, maracas, etc. vist www.lpmusic.com. if not the table get them a rack, both i recommend (depends on space availability. if you need more info email me at congaskills@hotmail.com.  i give free lessons
Drumming For my Jesus!!!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up