LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fender BXR Dual bass amp 400  (Read 7101 times)

Offline dfwkeys

• LGM Member

Fender BXR Dual bass amp 400
« on: August 06, 2007, 09:11:39 PM »
Is this amp worth getting. it's a used amp for $245 at music go round.  I'm thinking of getting this and played it at the store and sounded grate, or should i save up for something else?

Offline DWBass

• LGM Member
  • Make A Joyful Noise!

Re: Fender BXR Dual bass amp 400
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 01:40:37 PM »
Yeah, basically, that's 2 BXR200's in one box essentially creating a stereo hybrid. I used to own a BXR200 combo. It was pretty loud for only 200w! That's nice because you can use 2 4ohm cabs with that, IIRC. One plugged into each separate channels. That price is good if it's in excellent condition. If it's beat up, I'd have to think about it.
"Never Leave Home Without Your Groove On" :)

Offline dfwkeys

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 02:40:39 PM »
Yeah, basically, that's 2 BXR200's in one box essentially creating a stereo hybrid. I used to own a BXR200 combo. It was pretty loud for only 200w! That's nice because you can use 2 4ohm cabs with that, IIRC. One plugged into each separate channels. That price is good if it's in excellent condition. If it's beat up, I'd have to think about it.

So does that mean that i can use an 8 ohms cab and a 4 ohms cab at the same with this amp as well?

Offline DWBass

• LGM Member
  • Make A Joyful Noise!

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 06:57:12 PM »
So does that mean that i can use an 8 ohms cab and a 4 ohms cab at the same with this amp as well?
I believe so. Don't quote me though. I'll see if I can come up with a manual.

Offline DWBass

• LGM Member
  • Make A Joyful Noise!

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 07:08:05 PM »
I believe it can run in stereo (min. 4ohm load each output) or it can be bridged. Not sure of the min. bridge load. It should state it on the rear panel. I cannot locate a manual.

Offline dfwkeys

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 08:14:39 AM »
i purchased the amp yesterday, very power and very loud. it's has 2 power amps providing 200watts each amp and you can use both amps together for  1 cab for a total of 400watts... it's a min load of 4ohms for eacher speaker outlet. so i can use my 8ohms 4X10 and 4ohms 1X15 on this beauty.  I traded in a squire guitar and some guitar pedals to purchase it for only $135.00, now i have my complete set up and ready to start gigging. 

Offline Quebass86

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 12:00:45 PM »
Is this amp worth getting. it's a used amp for $245 at music go round.  I'm thinking of getting this and played it at the store and sounded grate, or should i save up for something else?

Hey dfwkeys, I may be teaching bass lessons at the music go round. I was in there saturday and the manager Larry came up to me while I was playing around and waiting for them to put some new strings on one of my basses. He said he didn't have any bass instructors so if your interested in teaching let him know. I am going to do a couple of nights during the week and saturdays....
May God's Grace & Mercy smile upon you!

Offline dfwkeys

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 04:03:14 PM »

Hey dfwkeys, I may be teaching bass lessons at the music go round. I was in there saturday and the manager Larry came up to me while I was playing around and waiting for them to put some new strings on one of my basses. He said he didn't have any bass instructors so if your interested in teaching let him know. I am going to do a couple of nights during the week and saturdays....

That will be awesome.  I probably need some lessons myself for i am still new at this bass guitar. 

Offline Quebass86

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 04:24:29 PM »
DFW, Sounds like you got a nice Rig setup now...would love to hear how that sounds.....have you began playing at any churches yet?
May God's Grace & Mercy smile upon you!

Offline dfwkeys

• LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2007, 11:54:46 PM »
Not yet, i'm still looking for a church home (unfortunately)

Offline MikeGee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My wife is over my right shoulder.
    • my out of church band

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2007, 05:49:42 AM »
i purchased the amp yesterday, very power and very loud. it's has 2 power amps providing 200watts each amp and you can use both amps together for  1 cab for a total of 400watts... it's a min load of 4ohms for eacher speaker outlet. so i can use my 8ohms 4X10 and 4ohms 1X15 on this beauty.  I traded in a squire guitar and some guitar pedals to purchase it for only $135.00, now i have my complete set up and ready to start gigging. 

what kinda 4ohm 15 did you find?

Offline dfwkeys

• LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2007, 08:01:00 AM »

what kinda 4ohm 15 did you find?

It's a Peavey 115bx.  Can handle up to 300watts.

Offline MikeGee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • my out of church band

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2007, 10:19:08 AM »
It's a Peavey 115bx.  Can handle up to 300watts.

Can I have it?  ::) :D My father would like that. He has my head mated to an 8ohm 1x15 cab, which is only working with 180watts if it were 4ohms he'd be pushing the full 300.

Offline dfwkeys

• LGM Member

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2007, 10:24:31 AM »

Can I have it?  ::) :D My father would like that. He has my head mated to an 8ohm 1x15 cab, which is only working with 180watts if it were 4ohms he'd be pushing the full 300.

You know i might actually consider in selling the 1x15 becasue i'm thinking of getting a 2x12 or either another 4x10 because i like to slap and pop a lot...

Offline MikeGee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • my out of church band

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2007, 09:03:13 PM »
You know i might actually consider in selling the 1x15 becasue i'm thinking of getting a 2x12 or either another 4x10 because i like to slap and pop a lot...

Yea I have found it hard to slap and pop with a 15. In my opinion a 15 with a tweeter does not sound as good as a 2x10 or 4x10 w/o a tweeter. I play a lot of music that does not call for slap and pop so a 15 still works for me.

Offline dfwkeys

• LGM Member

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2007, 09:59:00 PM »
I believe it can run in stereo (min. 4ohm load each output) or it can be bridged. Not sure of the min. bridge load. It should state it on the rear panel. I cannot locate a manual.

Hey DWBass,

I have another question if you don't mind.  When i use bi-amp mode... the hiss noise is dampered out, but it's not as loud as the stereo mode, however, in stereo mode it has a louder hiss to it... how did you usually set your settings on the dual bass amp?

Offline DWBass

• LGM Member
  • Make A Joyful Noise!

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2007, 06:36:03 AM »
Hey DWBass,

I have another question if you don't mind.  When i use bi-amp mode... the hiss noise is dampered out, but it's not as loud as the stereo mode, however, in stereo mode it has a louder hiss to it... how did you usually set your settings on the dual bass amp?
I wish I could help you on this one but I don't own this amp or any stereo amp. I used to own a BXR200 combo which is just a single mono amp. The only advice I can give is to play around with the setting until you find a happy medium. It's probably due to a less amount of wattage going to each cab when it's in stereo mode. I do know that very high wattage amps tend to give off much less hiss and I've even heard one that was just about silent (no hiss at all).

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard
    • http://www.myspace.com/phatcurtisbernard

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2007, 10:10:03 AM »
I hate Fender bass amps!
Mapex Drums, Grant Custom Basses, Carparelli Basses, Istanbul Cymbals,!

Offline DWBass

• LGM Member
  • Make A Joyful Noise!

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2007, 10:17:44 AM »
I hate Fender bass amps!
I have a Fender Bassman 400 and I love it. Just wish it had more power (300w@4ohms) but it's great for medium sized gigs. It also has a single rack space where I can add a tuner or power/line conditioner.
Pages: [1]   Go Up