LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Pearl?  (Read 5928 times)

JFunky

Re: Pearl?
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2007, 08:47:48 AM »
Im telling you the M Birch is awesome! I only wished that they would give you the choice of hardware with it! I hear a lot of guys who want the birch kit are buying them up. Mine are beautiful.

The Pro M comes with a free 13 X 6 Maple snare.

...the one he has in the store is a 10,12,14,20 with the free 8" for $800 with hardware.

Offline buzz95

• LGM Member
  • What company will BBD go to next? Stay tuned.

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2007, 08:53:27 AM »
Yo, Black - I wonder what new company's virtues will be sung within the 12 month period.  How many are we up to now? 
"I paid nothing, I got mine for free!!!!!" - bigblackdrummer on big up-in' his cheap endorsements.

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard
    • http://www.myspace.com/phatcurtisbernard

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2007, 09:27:08 AM »
Yo, Black - I wonder what new company's virtues will be sung within the 12 month period.  How many are we up to now? 
Im happy with Mapex finally, But for the ignorant let me explain..Even being endorsed is all part of the business, and in business if the supplier is not doing what they should or keeping up their end then you move on and go with someone who will represent period!!! BUT I hear you re happy endorsing Sunlite drums with the CB 700 hardware and Camber cymbals, to each their own I guess.
Mapex Drums, Grant Custom Basses, Carparelli Basses, Istanbul Cymbals,!

Offline buzz95

• LGM Member
  • What company will BBD go to next? Stay tuned.

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2007, 09:39:18 AM »
You know it!  :) 
"I paid nothing, I got mine for free!!!!!" - bigblackdrummer on big up-in' his cheap endorsements.

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2007, 10:53:39 AM »

JFunky

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2007, 11:06:46 AM »
...so anyway, what's up with Pearl up there in Canada?  Down here, the Visions Series is leading the way but as far as their other 19 lines of drums, not too many people have 'em.  It seems like if John Good runs for President in '08, he'll have a lot of the Electoral votes. ;D  (U.S. thing)

Offline Kevykev388

• LGM Member

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2007, 01:08:28 PM »
Pearl is number one for tone, quality, and durability like said before. The only thing that's keeping them in the dark is companies like DW DDrums and Pacific that's killing them "looks" wise with all the metallic and satin finishes!
Keys, bass, drums, trombone, I sing a lil bit too lol

Offline Metronome

• LGM Member

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2007, 01:25:29 PM »
Im happy with Mapex finally, But for the ignorant let me explain..Even being endorsed is all part of the business, and in business if the supplier is not doing what they should or keeping up their end then you move on and go with someone who will represent period!!! BUT I hear you re happy endorsing Sunlite drums with the CB 700 hardware and Camber cymbals, to each their own I guess.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA yo thats too funny bout the CB700's and the CAMBERS...............LOL
Keep It Funky

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2007, 01:32:19 PM »
...so anyway, what's up with Pearl up there in Canada?  Down here, the Visions Series is leading the way but as far as their other 19 lines of drums, not too many people have 'em.  It seems like if John Good runs for President in '08, he'll have a lot of the Electoral votes. ;D  (U.S. thing)

Yeah its like Pearl is falling off the map, just like Ludwig did in the 90's. I heard their customer service sucks, the mounting system is unpopular. Pearl's not as big here as it use to be...Most here would rather play Yamaha..But that's changing too!

Offline Natejam71

• LGM Member
  • Anointed Gospel Musician
    • Anointed Gospel Musician (AGM)

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2007, 01:57:14 PM »
Pearl and the rest of these drum companies are going through changes as well cause of the competition of the upstart companies.. These companies are competing for our dollars cause they are making quality drums at reasonable price.. Family member Rick with his company Covenant Drum Company is an example of this trend...Most of these companies are feeling the strain of that competition.. There are a few companies that are doing very well as mentioned DW and PDP.. Mapex, Ddrum, and Gretch have made major noise in the industry in the last few years.. A lot of competition at time will lead in a decrease in sales (the internet has alot to do with that too).... Well, I am going to purchase a few snare drums and take advantage of this competition.. competition will also drop the price of product as well... We might as well enjoy being sought after by these companies to get our dollars.. Stay Blessed, Nate j.

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2007, 02:20:43 PM »
competition will also drop the price of product as well... We might as well enjoy being sought after by these companies to get our dollars..

That's a good consumer mentality, Nate!  Very smart.   ;D
~ This thread is beyond hijacked - it's been kidnapped... ~

Offline BIGKU

• LGM Member
  • Blaquegenius......

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2007, 04:20:49 PM »
I was lookin at the Reference Series kits, are there other drum makers who make a better drum then pearl?

NO...all other drum makers are imitators....Pearl is where it's at...and definitely do not, in any way get a Yamaha....

Yamaha is off the devil...they turned my man Gorden Campbell...but he'll back to the right side....

Pearl - The Best Reason To Play Drums!!!

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS BLAQUEGENIUS

Offline soul_drummer

• LGM Member
  • Jesus, I Love You

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2007, 02:14:10 AM »

NO...all other drum makers are imitators....Pearl is where it's at...and definitely do not, in any way get a Yamaha....

Yamaha is off the devil...they turned my man Gorden Campbell...but he'll back to the right side....

Pearl - The Best Reason To Play Drums!!!

Dawg Yamaha maple custom are freakin sick...you don't know what you're talkin about man.....don't hate... :o ;D :D
Perfect Practice Makes Perfect

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2007, 06:42:39 AM »
I was lookin at the Reference Series kits, are there other drum makers who make a better drum then pearl?

Yes everyone else! That Reference Series idealism seems gimmicky to me. They sound the same as the Export, well the ones Ive heard was nothing to write home about.

JFunky

« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2007, 09:41:01 AM »
Yes everyone else! That Reference Series idealism seems gimmicky to me. They sound the same as the Export, well the ones Ive heard was nothing to write home about.

...Wow!! LMBO.  Dude, you're a mess!  I personally like the Masters Maple 6ply and that's it.  My dad, who plays guitar, saw and heard the Masters kit and said he liked them.  This joka said, "Those are some sharp drums." LOL

Offline yamahaboy

• LGM Member
  • I Love Jewels!!

« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2007, 01:38:47 PM »
...Wow!! LMBO.  Dude, you're a mess!  I personally like the Masters Maple 6ply and that's it.  My dad, who plays guitar, saw and heard the Masters kit and said he liked them.  This joka said, "Those are some sharp drums." LOL

Wow... Sharp? That goes in the book of " Never Say That Again"  ;D ;)
Richard

HumbleGospelDrummer

« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2007, 01:53:31 PM »

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, lolol. ;D ;D

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2007, 03:03:27 PM »
You know what?  Since I like bass drum mounted toms, I wont even consider buying a Pearl until they upgrade the bass drum mount!  Its been the same ever since I can remember!  And its just ugly!  Two long poles sticking up from the bass drum!  yuck!   :P

Offline Rickjbeats

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2007, 03:39:40 PM »
Get a Master's kit and you won't have to worry about two poles......If we be honest and pay attention to detail, Pearl drums are very uniquely detailed from the rubber all the way to the lug nuts.........no other company pays attention to all the small things that really matter on a drum kit.  Innovation.

JFunky

« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2007, 10:21:05 PM »
Get a Master's kit and you won't have to worry about two poles......If we be honest and pay attention to detail, Pearl drums are very uniquely detailed from the rubber all the way to the lug nuts.........no other company pays attention to all the small things that really matter on a drum kit.  Innovation.

...yes they do pay attention to those small details.  With that said, don't pay attention to Sheen.  He's a PDP guy.  He wouldn't understand what Virgin Kick Drums are anyway. ;D ;D ;D 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up