LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Celebrity Clueless  (Read 1335 times)

Offline jazalyn6789

• LGM Member

Re: Celebrity Clueless
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2007, 09:59:02 AM »
I met Ray Lewis before he was at a Wal mart i didnt get his autograph though he was busy shopping. I also met a coiple of ppl from the New York Yankees like Bernie Williams Derek Jeter, David Justice (dont play for them no more) Roger Clemans etc...
He is the KING of KINGS, the LORD of LORDS. He is my God. And only God I know

Offline 2KlubKlarity

• LGM Member
  • Green Eyed Divinity
    • Let me know who you are & where you are from (lgm)

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2007, 10:00:50 AM »
Kelly Price came into my store to purchase some bar stools. Being the only black person who works at the store, I was the only one that knew her. I assisted them, but wasn't sure if it was her. Then I saw her husband and he looked like the guy I had seen her with in a magazine. So by the time I had the courage to walk up to her and speak, they were rolling off in their Mercedes and Land Rover. But at least I can say I helped them buy stuff.
"Prayer is the key. Faith unlocks the door."

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2007, 10:10:31 AM »
'kay, how bout it took me half an hour to "get" that.... lol.   ::)   :D  :D  :D  :D

Why am I NOT surprised. ::) :-\
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2007, 10:28:46 AM »
Why am I NOT surprised. ::) :-\

Because you know your stista.   ;)  LOL
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2007, 10:29:45 AM »
Because you know your stista.   ;)  LOL

?/? :-\ :D
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2007, 10:31:49 AM »
It was intentional.   ::)
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2007, 10:32:30 AM »
It was intentional.   ::)

Thought so; just wanted to be sure. :D

Offline favoritepsalm1

• LGM Member
  • Future Minstrels & Levites
    • http://anointed2do.wordpress.com

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2007, 10:38:05 AM »
I used to work in the warehouse at our local auditorium where they tape WWE/WCW when they would come into town.  I've met a few wrestlers that way.  I would act all cool and just speak and say "what's up?"  Knowing I really wanted to be like, 

"AWW MAN YOU'RE THE BIG SHOW!!!  WHAT'S IT LIKE BEING THE BIG SHOW?  IS VINCE MCMAHON REALLY AS MEAN AS HE IS ON TV?  CAN YOU INTRODUCE ME TO THE ROCK?  WHAT KIND OF BEER DOES STONE COLD DRINK?  CAN I HAVE YOUR AUTOGRAPH?  STAY RIGHT HERE WHILE I GO AND GET MY CAMERA.  HEY TALK TO MY BOY ON THE PHONE AND TELL HIM IT'S YOU, HE'LL NEVER BELIEVE ME.  ACT LIKE YOU'RE CHOKESLAMMIN' ME WHILE SHE TAKES THIS PICTURE"

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2007, 10:43:32 AM »
I used to work in the warehouse at our local auditorium where they tape WWE/WCW when they would come into town.  I've met a few wrestlers that way.  I would act all cool and just speak and say "what's up?"  Knowing I really wanted to be like, 

"AWW MAN YOU'RE THE BIG SHOW!!!  WHAT'S IT LIKE BEING THE BIG SHOW?  IS VINCE MCMAHON REALLY AS MEAN AS HE IS ON TV?  CAN YOU INTRODUCE ME TO THE ROCK?  WHAT KIND OF BEER DOES STONE COLD DRINK?  CAN I HAVE YOUR AUTOGRAPH?  STAY RIGHT HERE WHILE I GO AND GET MY CAMERA.  HEY TALK TO MY BOY ON THE PHONE AND TELL HIM IT'S YOU, HE'LL NEVER BELIEVE ME.  ACT LIKE YOU'RE CHOKESLAMMIN' ME WHILE SHE TAKES THIS PICTURE"

PWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Offline NJTheBishopAnderson

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Da Bishop in a different "light"...
    • Facebook Page

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2007, 10:47:52 AM »
I remember many many years ago we were leaving the house and as usual said "hello" to our next door neighbor who was chillin on his porch with another dude.  As we got in the car, my mom noticed that the tire was flat and attempted to change it.  Being the gentlemen they were, our neighbor and this other man proceeded to change the tire for my mom.  The dude changed the tire while our neighbor assisted, brushed himself off, declined any compensation from my mom and walked back to the porch. 

As hes walking, our neighbor turns to my mom and says, "You know who that was that just changed your tire?" She replied, "No, not really." "That was Julius Erving... you know, Dr. J" DR.J!!!! Man, my mom 'bout passed out!  Thats all we heard for the next two weeks, 'bout how Dr.J changed her tire.  ::)
"RAPHAAAAAA!!!! - The LORD that healeth thee!"

Offline OleJ

• LGM Member
  • The Roberta Martin Singers
    • The Golden Era Gospel Blog

« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2007, 05:31:01 PM »
Skin wise, NEVER(Micheal Jackson is still black, at least he'll die that way)

Mentality plays a part to where u try to forget, but as long as you see black people, you will remember.

I don't want to dwell too off topic, but I watched a special series on PBS on African American lives about a year ago. It was hosted and narrarated by Henry Louis Gates, a black scholar/critic/writer, and chair of the Afro-American Studies Department at Havard. In the series, they interviewed some of America's most famous black people and researched their geneology. They interviewed Bishop T.D. Jakes, Whoopi Goldberg, Mae Jemison, Chris Tucker, Quincy Jones, Dr. Ben Carson, Dr. Sara Lawrence-Lightfoot, and Oprah Winfrey. They found out all sorts of information about their ancestors, one of the most interesting stories being that of the suspicious death of Bishop T.D. Jakes's grandfather in Jim Crow Mississippi. I just included this to say that if her mentality was not that of a "black woman" and of one who wanted to forget, I do not think she would have participated in that series and dig up her past for all to see. I mean, there are plenty of "black" folks who would think on a gauge of "blackness" that they would be near the very top, yet they probably could care less about digging up their ancestral roots.

This thread hijacking is now over, I'll get on topic now. ;D

I had to do a double take when I saw Harvey Watkins Jr. from the Canton Spirituals. I was at a gospel explosion, and he wasn't dressed up in his "performance wear" yet. He was just in a regular suit and walking around the church like a regular concert attendee. I passed him and turned around and said "you're Harvey Watkins Jr. from the Canton Spritiuals, aren't you?" He smiled and said "yes I am!" I didn't ask him for an autograph to take a picture with him, but I did shake his hand and tell him that I was looking forward to seeing him onstage.  Some people tell stories of "celebs" giving them the cold shoulder when recognized in public, but I've found that most gospel artists do not have that chip on their shoulder. I suppose they're like the old song says, "It's just Jesus in me".
God wants Spiritual Fruit, not Religious Nuts. Check out my blog:http://goldeneragospel.blogspot.com

Offline certify

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2007, 06:00:48 PM »
I saw that same series. It was cool. You didn't dwell off. As a black person in today's society you'll never be anything but black. The struggles of Arfican Americans/blacks will always help you stay grounded. I answered that ? u asked in general not simply for Oprah.
We all sin, we falter, but God forgives.

Offline OleJ

• LGM Member
  • The Roberta Martin Singers
    • The Golden Era Gospel Blog

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2007, 08:17:00 PM »
I saw that same series. It was cool. You didn't dwell off. As a black person in today's society you'll never be anything but black. The struggles of Arfican Americans/blacks will always help you stay grounded. I answered that ? u asked in general not simply for Oprah.

Hmm... I probably should've been a bit more precise in asking my question. Yeah, I wanted to know how it applied to Oprah.

Sorry bout this...
God wants Spiritual Fruit, not Religious Nuts. Check out my blog:http://goldeneragospel.blogspot.com

Offline certify

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2007, 08:20:38 PM »
You are hilarious ;D ;D :D
We all sin, we falter, but God forgives.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up