LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I am not coordinated......  (Read 894 times)

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

I am not coordinated......
« on: August 17, 2007, 11:23:49 AM »
One thing I've discovered about myself is....I am not coordinated.  The right hand picking/strumming  and left hand chords/melody thing is happening.  Any suggestions?
:)

Offline jlynnb1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: I am not coordinated......
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 01:20:07 PM »
practice....practice cures all.....

just be sure you are practicing the right way, and challenging yourself everytime you sit down with the guitar.

Offline uriahsmusic

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://WWW.URIAHSMUSIC.COM

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 11:03:18 PM »
One thing I've discovered about myself is....I am not coordinated.  The right hand picking/strumming  and left hand chords/melody thing is happening.  Any suggestions?

...A great way to get the coordination going is to do something that will guarantee success!...that is to play a melody that you already know and record it while you do it.  Whip out your metronome or tap your foot if your timing is that good....and play a short phrase of a familiar melody...when you can listen back at it and hear it done properly move along to the next part..

For instance ..Mary had a little lamb...little lamb....little lamb.....(stop there....)  play that simple phrase until it sounds like you would sing it...in perfect time...then for chords play a 7th chord to a James Brown type song...tape it...when it's right it's right!

you see timing doesn't know whether or not the song was hard or not...you are merely teaching your left and right hands to obey your brain in a coordinated fashion....

most of all remember that consistency and repetition are key!

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 08:34:43 AM »
t'anks for the advice. :)
:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up