LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: When a choir slowly dies...  (Read 3815 times)

Offline h313w

• LGM Member

Re: When a choir slowly dies...
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2008, 06:31:16 PM »
Not only saddening to hear, but also all too common these days. 8) 8) 8)

I know that's right... and then the QUALIFIED can't seem to keep folks also, cuz some folks had family members who were M.O.M. before he/she came, and they can't stop talking about how their LAST M.O.M. DID IT
I'm not finished playing

Offline kodacolor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: When a choir slowly dies...
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2008, 08:44:25 PM »
i saw a video of my church's choir back in 1986.  it was huge, and filled up our choir stand.  now, these days, all we can really do is fill up one row, and maybe stick about 2 people on the second row.

my mother made a list of people who were no longer in the choir, and it turns out that many are dead, while the others are mainly just sitting out in the audience every sunday, and have been doing so for years.  we are under the direction of a new MOM than we were during the time of the video, because the previous MOM was removed from the position and the position given to someone who was really unqualified.

all of the choir members know that the current MOM is very much so unqualified.  i just wonder if the pastor can see that.

what could a person do about the choir?

What does your current MOM do that makes her unqualified?  I'm not trying to dispute whether she is or isn't qualified.  I'm a newer MOM and I'm trying to avoid as many pitfalls as possible.  Unfortunately I don't know the answer to your question.  Your situation happened at my old church.  When I was a baby the choir stand and the musicians area was filled.   By the time I left there were about 4 musicians and 6-10 choir members.  From the little bit I heard from my siblings that used to be on the choir the MOM was horrible.  My guess is it just kept getting worse and people left cause they were frustrated with the MOMs.  The last MOM was qualified, I think, but he was very show biz oriented.  You can tell he wanted to be Donald Lawrence and John P. Kee so badly!  That was a turn off for people. 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up