LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31   Go Down

Author Topic: News about Juanita Bynum  (Read 38288 times)

Offline BIGKU

• LGM Member
  • Blaquegenius......

Re: News about Juanita Bynum
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2007, 09:51:08 AM »
I implore all of us not to sensationalize this topic. All we have right know is the news report. Mind you the news stated they're in the middle of a separation. Do we know the facts of why they're in the middle of a separation? Not at all. We can speculate all day long, but in reality all we have is the one sided story the news is portraying.

This is clearly a time for the body to pray for both individuals. Is it right for a man to hit a woman? Not at all, but do we know if she hit him first? I hear you LaRue....even if she did, it doesn't make it right for him to hit her. I'm not in favor of a man putting his hands on a woman. Not every man has a temperament to restrain when provoked. We're all flawed!!!!! and susceptible to fall at any given time.

Pray not just for them, but for married, single, divorced...heck all the saints. Don't worry about if this gives atheist ammo...they look for it daily...but live the life of light, God has called you to live.

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS BLAQUEGENIUS

Offline Keys410

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • A perfect man I am not, but I strive to be!

« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2007, 09:54:09 AM »
....I forgot to add this:  If you "run like h......", then you sometimes have to be prepared to deal with damage to whatever property you may have left behind (cars, houses, cable wires, outdoor heat pumps, motorcycles, etc..)
re: avatar..........(in Antoinne Merriweather's voice)  "I have 3 words for your avatar......FA    BU    LOUS! :)

Yeah like a broken window to my lincoln...Man she was crazy now that I think about it.
I'm destined for greatness!!!

Offline minofmusic

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The annointing makes the difference!
    • Hill Top Productions, Inc.

« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2007, 09:58:35 AM »
i feel like we just need to pray for our leaders, even though they may not be our local pastors and teachers, they both have ministries that have followers. its a sad situation and i don't condone domestic violence but the truth is that this scenario happens everydat  around our country. it is only magnified when it happens to celebrities or rich people. But i say to you al--l what happens to the woman who doesnt have alot of money and she is not on tv and radio programs? she has to suffer the guilt and shame similar to the woman in John
8:3(woman who was caught in the act of adultery). We that are strong should bear the infirmities of the weak. we dont know if this incident was a one time thing or it may have been occuring for a while who knows. only GOD can fix it, Let send up a prayer for the familes involved. because we as the body of christ are the only bible some people will ever read.
May The Work I've Done Speak for Me.

Offline BIGKU

• LGM Member
  • Blaquegenius......

« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2007, 09:59:04 AM »
Yeah like a broken window to my lincoln...Man she was crazy now that I think about it.

RaspBerry....LOL

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS BLAQUEGENIUS

Offline teitei636

• LGM Member
  • Free2BMe

« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2007, 10:00:31 AM »
Whole situation, sad for anyone (male or female, young or old) dealing with abuse. MAYBE, God allowed it to be uncovered so she could be freed...we don't know why they were separated, but...we will never know unless one of them tells the story. I just believe God has a way to uncover stuff...just a thought!
Wife. Mother. Minister. Friend of God

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2007, 10:01:27 AM »
I implore all of us not to sensationalize this topic. All we have right know is the news report. Mind you the news stated they're in the middle of a separation. Do we know the facts of why they're in the middle of a separation? Not at all. We can speculate all day long, but in reality all we have is the one sided story the news is portraying.

This is clearly a time for the body to pray for both individuals. Is it right for a man to hit a woman? Not at all, but do we know if she hit him first? I hear you LaRue....even if she did, it doesn't make it right for him to hit her. I'm not in favor of a man putting his hands on a woman. Not every man has a temperament to restrain when provoked. We're all flawed!!!!! and susceptible to fall at any given time.
Pray not just for them, but for married, single, divorced...heck all the saints. Don't worry about if this gives atheist ammo...they look for it daily...but live the life of light, God has called you to live.

Amen... can't do anything but agree.
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline Keys410

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2007, 10:04:26 AM »
RaspBerry....LOL

That's not funny dude..But I am cracking up over here. :D :D :D

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2007, 10:11:25 AM »
....I forgot to add this:  If you "run like h......", then you sometimes have to be prepared to deal with damage to whatever property you may have left behind (cars, houses, cable wires, outdoor heat pumps, motorcycles, etc..)

re: avatar..........(in Antoinne Merriweather's voice)  "I have 3 words for your avatar......FA    BU    LOUS! :)
This avatar is really disturbing my impression of you...

Offline 2KlubKlarity

• LGM Member
  • Green Eyed Divinity
    • Let me know who you are & where you are from (lgm)

« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2007, 10:15:10 AM »
RaspBerry....LOL

Dang I thought it...and it show would have been a nice comeback for Mr. Keys!
That's not funny dude..But I am cracking up over here. :D :D :D

I almost had you, but I decided to play nice!
"Prayer is the key. Faith unlocks the door."

Offline THE WOLFMAN

• LGM Member

« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2007, 10:16:24 AM »
SMH..

Its disconcerting that news like this becomes more viral than the good news.

I dont know Ms. Bynum, or Mr Weeks, nor do I know the parameters in which they operate. All i kno is that they bleed like me, breathe like me, and need prayer like me.

Should physical action be taken against anyone? NO. Should people have the sense and the SPITAAADto leave folk alone when things get volitile? YES.

Mebbe Thom has an an anger problem. mebbe he was provoked. Mebbe he left to avoid a problem. Mebbe he's a nice guy. Mebbe an abuser on the low.

Mebbe Juanita dont kno when to shut up. mebbe she's quick with the lip. mebbe she was bein rational. Mebbe asking to understand.

mebbe a misunderstanding.

mebbe, mebbe, mebbe, mebbe, mebbe MEBBE.

no one knows ANYTHING, just Juanita, Thomas, and Jehovah.  Even if they tell the story, we wont REALLY know.

Just pray.

my 1/2 shekel.

Offline saxandkeys

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • "You ain't gotta go nowhere...I gotchu!"

« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2007, 10:17:57 AM »
This avatar is really disturbing my impression of you...

Ok.....I put this one up for a minute or two........just to show that.........well, u know Ness.
I'd rather be imperfectly inspired, than to be perfectly entertained...

Offline Keys410

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2007, 10:19:33 AM »

Dang I thought it...and it show would have been a nice comeback for Mr. Keys!
I almost had you, but I decided to play nice!

You know the person you would like to name is actually Raspberry right? LOL

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2007, 10:28:55 AM »
Ok.....I put this one up for a minute or two........just to show that.........well, u know Ness.
Thanks ;)

Offline PROSTR8

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2007, 10:56:42 AM »
First of all....let me start by saying that there is NEVER any excuse for a man to hit a woman.

That beng said....when I heard this story yesterday....all I could think was that there is more than one sides to every story.

It's very hard for me to imagine Juanita Bynum as a helpless victim.  The way she comes across she has a very aggresive persona.  I would even say that if she wasn't being used in ministry that she would be a force to be reckoned with in the hands of the enemy.  I see a lot of STREET in her....in that if you get on her bad side....you are in for it.  She has even said herself how her rebellious spirit got her in trouble with TD JAKES a few years back and how they were not on speaking terms for a while.

Also....the skeptic in me immediately thought...how many TV/radio appearances, books, conferences, and CDs she's gonna try to milk out of this whole situation.  You can just go to her page and see she is all about marketing.....and controversy sells.

Think about it....the press was alerted to this real quick.  The incidient occurred at 4am in the morning....and no charges were filed against the Weeks.  This leads me to believe that she feels that she is not all that blameless in the incident.  Yet at the same time she can profit from making him look bad in the public eye.

I'm looking beyond this incident at the whole picture of their ministry record.  The church has gone HOLLYWOOD on us.

SAD :'(

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2007, 10:56:43 AM »
.....I would just like to add this:  It is NEVER OK FOR ANYONE (male or female) to get physical with anyone.

And so ends this story, right here. I can't cosign enough, so I won't even bother to do so. :)
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2007, 10:59:31 AM »
First of all....let me start by saying that there is NEVER any excuse for a man to hit a woman.

That beng said....when I heard this story yesterday....all I could think was that there is more than one sides to every story.

It's very hard for me to imagine Juanita Bynum as a helpless victim.  The way she comes across she has a very aggresive persona.  I would even say that if she wasn't being used in ministry that she would be a force to be reckoned with in the hands of the enemy.  I see a lot of STREET in her....in that if you get on her bad side....you are in for it.  She has even said herself how her rebellious spirit got her in trouble with TD JAKES a few years back and how they were not on speaking terms for a while.

Also....the skeptic in me immediately thought...how many TV/radio appearances, books, conferences, and CDs she's gonna try to milk out of this whole situation.  You can just go to her page and see she is all about marketing.....and controversy sells.

Think about it....the press was alerted to this real quick.  The incidient occurred at 4am in the morning....and no charges were filed against the Weeks.  This leads me to believe that she feels that she is not all that blameless in the incident.  Yet at the same time she can profit from making him look bad in the public eye.

I'm looking beyond this incident at the whole picture of their ministry record.  The church has gone HOLLYWOOD on us.

I truly believe that if she tries to milk this, the mature saints will begin to move away from her ministry. You can only say, 'ya'll remember what happened to me; ya'll watch CNN" but SO many times before you sound just plain dumb. ::) :-\

Notice I said, 'mature saints'
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2007, 11:01:59 AM »

I see your point, but on the flip side of that.  I know some aggressive women whose whole demeanor changes in private with their husbands.  I've seen some of the strongest, baddest women I know turn into controlled servants when they're hubby comes home.  So we really don't know what goes on behind closed doors.  The public persona is not always accurate. 

Offline Dredakyst

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2007, 11:04:17 AM »
I know i'm late to the party...but am i the only one find this sad yet funny...

I'm married and i don't even chase my wife when she upset... I always leave room for where the backhand can't reach me... I learn that one from talking back to my momma...

Did she ask for it... Yea... The report said He left upset and she followed...

Did she deserve to get beat.... NO
however, same gender fighting sometimes is necessary if one is out of order... sometimes it is what it is gotta make a stand

I just find it funny that "prophetess discernment" didn't kick in. It can tell you to tell people to give money that they don't have... but not tell you... the dam is about to break in dude's head... stand back & shut up...

When my wife gives me "that look" that's when I grab my tail and head for the hills...

Maybe i am at that "what's next" point with Church Folks....

i mean i don't agree with a lot of things in their or (his/her) ministry...but this clip put me over the line. (N.S.F.Children)
http://www.youtube.com/v/PJd8KYUwXdc

How you going to host that at your church... maybe i am lost on some of the details...

c'est la vie

Offline J31

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • 2 Sam 24:24

« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2007, 11:06:35 AM »
it ALWAYS TAKES TWO. AND SOMETHINGS HAD TO BE SAID THAT CUT REAL DEEP AND WERE MORE THAN LIKELY UNGODLY IN EVERY WAY.

a SOFT TONGUE TUNRS AWAY WRATH. NO BODY IS EXCUSED FROM THIS WHOLE THING BECAUSE THEY ARE 1 FLESH THE BOTH HAVE EQUALLY WRONGED THEE OTHER.

You can not seperate him from her or her from him, male from female because they are one flesh.

Now the law of the land may do otherwise. read your bible and not your gender to make a stance against something that is simply sin.

I just got off the phone with my good friend who is an associate pastor at their church. Please pray pray and then if you have time pray again.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2007, 11:06:57 AM »

I truly believe that if she tries to milk this, the mature saints will begin to move away from her ministry. You can only say, 'ya'll remember what happened to me; ya'll watch CNN" but SO many times before you sound just plain dumb. ::) :-\

Notice I said, 'mature saints'

As much as I disagree with all that speculatin', I do also believe that this will be milked, to some degree.  Like I said up there ^^^, I was hoping that she would remain mum on this, and just let people think what they want to think.  I was really, REEEEEEALLY hoping... And I kinda sorta agree with you SJ, but you'd be surprised how even mature saints overlook certain things.

(By the way, PROSTR8, her camp didn't release this to the media, the APD did.  And it was reported on the news that no charges were filed "YET" and that they are looking for Bishop Weeks to question him.  And one more thing... I don't think she can possibly make him look bad... IF he did attack her, he made himself look bad - regardless of who swung first.  Perception is no joke).
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31   Go Up