LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: 2010 NBA Playoffs  (Read 20774 times)

changedman

2010 NBA Playoffs
« on: August 23, 2007, 01:51:53 PM »
I (don't fall out) watched the GAME last night!!!!!!!!!!   I can not stand sports, but my cousin was watching it and my goddaughter likes to watch that crap, so I was kinda stuck.

In the process I couldn't help but notice that Kobe (with the low haircut in the white jersey) is AGING!!!  It was a shock to me because in all these years I've never seen Michael Jordan or Magic Johnson really "age".  When you start a conversation about "basketball", if it doesn't include one of the three of them (or Shaq), I can't help ya!!!  LOL!

But whoever the red dude was with the zig-zag braid thing going on seemed to be really "aggressive" at the game.  He had that "I'm determined that if we lose it is NOT gonna be my fault" look on his face.

That's gonna be my inspiration for my next "15 minute workshop" with the music department.

The old heads are aging....doesn't mean that they can't still play the game...but God is raising up some newcomers who have the drive and the determination to keep the ship afloat...and if it sinks, it will NOT be their fault (or something like that).

Choral motivation and basketball....what da ham sammich!?  LOL!

Offline reg1985

• LGM Member

Re: 2010 NBA Playoffs
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 02:12:59 PM »
DUDE KOBE HEAD ALWAYS BEEN BIG LOL IT JUST WASNT AS NOTICEABLE UNTIL HE CUT HIS FRO NOW HE LOOKS OLD ;D ;D ;D
love is good for the soul

changedman

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 02:15:39 PM »
DUDE KOBE HEAD ALWAYS BEEN BIG LOL IT JUST WASNT AS NOTICEABLE UNTIL HE CUT HIS FRO NOW HE LOOKS OLD ;D ;D ;D

Exactly....but did I see gray/grey!?

Offline certify

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 12:57:14 AM »

Exactly....but did I see gray/grey!?

Probably did, God knows he's been through enuff stress.
We all sin, we falter, but God forgives.

churchyreal

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 11:05:11 PM »
So the playoffs begin this weekend. Here's how the seedings look as of today:

Eastern Conference                                                                    Western Conference
#1-Cleveland Cavaliers                                                                         #1-Los Angeles Lakers
#2-Orlando Magic                                                                                #2-Dallas Mavericks
#3-Atlanta Hawks                                                                                #3-Utah Jazz
#4-Boston Celtics                                                                                #4-Phoenix Suns
#5-Miami Heat                                                                                     #5-Denver Nuggets
#6-Milwaukee Bucks                                                                             #6-Portland Trailblazers
#7-Charlotte Bobcats (first ever playoff appearance)                                  #7-San Antonio Spurs
#8-Chicago Bulls                                                                                  #8-Oklahoma City Thunder

So who you think will win Eastern Conference? Western Conference?

Then who do you think will win the NBA Title?

Right now I say Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers with Cavs winning in 7. Lakers' bench will hurt them and Kobe injured. But I would not be suprised if a team like Bobcats or Thunder make it pretty far.

Offline SirTJ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 11:27:15 PM »
One of my favorite times to be a sports fan...

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Marvin McQuitty jr. (Thank You)

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 07:25:45 AM »
So the playoffs begin this weekend. Here's how the seedings look as of today:

Eastern Conference                                                                    Western Conference
#1-Cleveland Cavaliers                                                                         #1-Los Angeles Lakers
#2-Orlando Magic                                                                                #2-Dallas Mavericks
#3-Atlanta Hawks                                                                                #3-Utah Jazz
#4-Boston Celtics                                                                                #4-Phoenix Suns
#5-Miami Heat                                                                                     #5-Denver Nuggets
#6-Milwaukee Bucks                                                                             #6-Portland Trailblazers
#7-Charlotte Bobcats (first ever playoff appearance)                                  #7-San Antonio Spurs
#8-Chicago Bulls                                                                                  #8-Oklahoma City Thunder

Right now I say Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers with Cavs winning in 7. Lakers' bench will hurt them and Kobe injured. But I would not be suprised if a team like Bobcats or Thunder make it pretty far.

...dude, do you really think they'll beat Orlando? LOL 

...the Lakers look like they already know Phil's retiring after this year. LOL  Magic vs. Cav's in the East and that's going to be a war!
Psalms 144.1 - "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

Offline Arkhams Finest

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Me and my baby

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 07:54:49 AM »
I can't wait to see what Durant does in the first round.  Youngest player to EVER lead the league in scoring.  That's pretty amazing.  You just know Artest is gonna be all over him though, so It'll be interesting.
Now Reading:
Visioneering
Creating Community
(Both by Andy Stanley)

Offline lordluvr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 08:03:57 AM »
I can't wait to see what Durant does in the first round.  Youngest player to EVER lead the league in scoring.  That's pretty amazing.  You just know Artest is gonna be all over him though, so It'll be interesting.
Artest is good, physical and knows how to do things that the refs don't catch.  However, he won't stop Durantula.  The thing I like about Kevin Durant vs your typical "scorer" is that he stays within the flow of the game.  He doesn't take an exorbitant amount of shots and is willing to pass.  When you face a scorer like him, it keeps the defense honest because if you double-team him, he will get the ball to the open guy.

Offline Hasmonean1

• LGM Member
    • HVAC International Parts

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 08:19:54 AM »

My team is San Antonio but if the King don't claim the throne this year when will it ever be?

I don't know if LA has the same hunger this year plus Kobe seems to have alot of wear and tear on his body from playing soooo much basketball.  I have a funny feeling that Dallas just might take the West.

Cleveland in the East but a LeBron / Matt Barnes match up is concerning.  That dude isn't going to back down from nobody.  Plus Orlando is loaded.  Shaq will have to make a difference.

Offline Arkhams Finest

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Me and my baby

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 08:22:19 AM »
Artest is good, physical and knows how to do things that the refs don't catch.  However, he won't stop Durantula.  The thing I like about Kevin Durant vs your typical "scorer" is that he stays within the flow of the game.  He doesn't take an exorbitant amount of shots and is willing to pass.  When you face a scorer like him, it keeps the defense honest because if you double-team him, he will get the ball to the open guy.

First of all I love 'Durantula'.   :D  It fits because the guy has some of the longest arms I've ever seen.

Cosign the whole post, especially the bolded portion.  You think he has 20-something points, then when you see he has 40 you're like "When did he score all those points?!"  He just makes it look so easy. 

As this Skizo Frene dude said in the Favorite Athletes thread:

Troy Polamalu
Edwin Moses
Kevin Durant

He'll be the best Offensive player in the game before long.
Now Reading:
Visioneering
Creating Community
(Both by Andy Stanley)

Offline lordluvr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 08:29:48 AM »
First of all I love 'Durantula'.   :D 

I can't take credit for it.  I watch too much SportsCenter in the morning.   :D

Offline Arkhams Finest

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Me and my baby

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 08:34:13 AM »
First of all I love 'Durantula'.

I can't take credit for it.  I watch too much SportsCenter in the morning.   :D

Now Reading:
Visioneering
Creating Community
(Both by Andy Stanley)

Offline lordluvr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 08:40:10 AM »

churchyreal

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2010, 09:02:15 AM »
Let me make a correction on the western conference seedings:

#1-Los Angeles Lakers
#2-Dallas Mavericks
#3-Phoenix Suns
#4-Denver Nuggets
#5-Utah Jazz
#6-Portland Trailblazers
#7-San Antonio Spurs
#8-Oklahoma City Thunder

I just got this strange feeling that we're going to see a suprise team in the finals. If Cavs were not as good I would make a crazy prediction of Bobcats and Lakers in the finals with the Bobcats winning in 7  :D but that's not happening.

churchyreal

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 09:12:20 AM »
This is a very old thread but I wanted to ask a Kobe Bryant related question and didn't see the need of starting another thread.....lol!

One thing that's been mentioned is Kobe's decline in points scored this year and a lot of people think it has to do with the last couple of years of NBA Finals appearances and his olympic participation.

Do you think it's highly possible we're beginning to see the decline of Kobe Bryant or is this just his legs being very tired coupled with the injuries he has?

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2010, 10:34:02 AM »
This is a very old thread but I wanted to ask a Kobe Bryant related question and didn't see the need of starting another thread.....lol!

One thing that's been mentioned is Kobe's decline in points scored this year and a lot of people think it has to do with the last couple of years of NBA Finals appearances and his olympic participation.

Do you think it's highly possible we're beginning to see the decline of Kobe Bryant or is this just his legs being very tired coupled with the injuries he has?
No.  Now put this thread back in the archives, lol!

Offline lordluvr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2010, 10:37:03 AM »
Kobe's scoring less because he's playing through a myriad of injuries, some of which affect his shooting accuracy.  As a non-fan, I'd like to see him shoot less anyway.  But, I admire his will to press on regardless of the pain he may be experiencing.

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Marvin McQuitty jr. (Thank You)

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2010, 10:46:35 AM »
Cleveland in the East but a LeBron / Matt Barnes match up is concerning.  That dude isn't going to back down from nobody.  Plus Orlando is loaded.  Shaq will have to make a difference.

...yes, we love Matt Barnes down here.  He brings intensity and hunger to the team.  Plus, this dude studies his assignment to the "T."  Ask Kobe. lol 

...Shaq and Ilgauskas are going to have to get Dwight Howard in foul trouble early for the Cavs to blow past them.  The problem for the Cavs comes in the fact that anyone from the Magic can launch a 3 pointer at any second if you make a mistake.   
Psalms 144.1 - "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

Offline Hasmonean1

• LGM Member
    • HVAC International Parts

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2010, 10:49:46 AM »
Yes, he is slowly declining.  Kobe has put alot of miles on his NBA body.  He made a comment last year about feeling tired and what he has to do to recover.  Derek Fisher said something to the effect of "now he's understanding how the rest of us feel", referring to players in their mid to upper 30's. 

One just have too look at the highlights.  When Jordan start declining his highlights didn't decline but the type of highlights changed.  You saw more jump shots, and lay ups, etc.  Gone were the spectacular dunks.  The dominating dunk highlights attributed to Kobe has declined quite a bit lately.   Ole boy is learning to save that energy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22   Go Up