LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vocal Health  (Read 2965 times)

Offline PianoWizard

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • 費思是能力到不恐慌

Re: Vocal Health
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2007, 05:01:51 AM »
Welcome to the LGM Family "crystal62087".....Be Blessed.

PianoWiz...

Offline Maestro87

• LGM Member
    • Facebook Profile

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2007, 12:15:07 PM »
my name is crystal and i wanted to know what i can do to learn how to control my voice and to learn different types of techiniques that  allow me to sound much better when i sing. How do you prospose that i can do that.

Honestly, without being able to hear you or have more information I cannot give you a well thought out preliminary diagnostic overview of some good tips.  The one main thing that I can say for just about any singer is to breathe deeper.  When you inhale, try to think of the breath coming from your feet all the way up.  That will give you more support for your higher and lower notes.  And make sure that when you begin to sing in your higher tessitura (comfortable high range) make sure that you do not sike yourself out.  That will cause your throat to tense up and close off preventing correct singing inhibiting air flow.  Is there anymore information you can give me?
"Stay Fly, Stay Fresh, God Bless"
Dameron Growe

Offline glorydweller

• LGM Member

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2007, 07:05:21 PM »
Maestro, thanks for the great info. Great stuff.

I had vocal nodules and recovered, but it has taken some time to see my range reestablished. My ENT doc said that there was no trace of nodules, but that swelling was interfering with my voice, and that I had made some unhealthy compensations in my singing in order to generate the tone that I desired. Do you have any tips to help me return to my pre-nodule voice?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up