LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Prayer that Leads to Praise  (Read 250 times)

Offline JustBecause

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Me & My kids :)

The Prayer that Leads to Praise
« on: September 10, 2007, 08:20:27 AM »
Monday, September 10, 2007

The Prayer that Leads to Praise
Bishop Keith Butler

Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God.  Philippians 4:6 (KJV)

Now, Philippians 4:6 says don't be worried or anxious about anything. Be anxious for nothing, but in every-thing, everything. That means in your financial things, in your physical things, in your relational things, in everything in life. In everything there are three things that you must do: pray, supplicate, and offer thanksgiving to God for delivering you out of the situation.

Now, in Acts, the 16th chapter, it says when Paul and Silas were taken captive, beaten in the city square, stripped, placed in a cold, dark, dingy dungeon at midnight, they prayed. Now, of course, I believe that midnight was a literal midnight, but that midnight also represents whatever dark time is in your life. And if you live long enough, you're going to see a midnight. But I want you to know you can shine some light in the middle of the darkness.

Well this was their opportunity to miss the rest of God. Instead they began to pray. Instead of thinking about what was about to happen, they prayed for God's deliverance. And they sang songs of praise to God, praising Him for their deliverance. They refused to take the thoughts of what their body was telling them and what the situation was telling them. They decided to take God's thoughts by praying. They prayed such a prayer that it started making them rejoice, so much so that there was an earthquake and their shackles fell off and the prison doors swung open.

Now, I know what kind of prayer that had to be. That had to be, Father, I thank you, you are the one who made the world. Everything is in your hands. You are the God who is more than enough, you are my creator, you are the way maker, you are the one that opens the door for me, and you are the one who gives me victory. You are the one who gives me strength. I mean, that's the kind of prayer that they prayed. They're praying that prayer until they came to the place where their prayer made them praise God, and their praise led them to deliverance!

And that's the kind of prayer you must pray when you are in your midnight-your dark situation. Pray a prayer that leads to praise and God will bring you out just like He delivered Paul and Silas.

Scripture References: Acts 16:25-26; Philippians 4:6-8
1 - Father
1 - Son
1 - Holy Spirit
Recipe for Greatness...
Pages: [1]   Go Up