LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Woman Shoots Man Five Times After Rejection...  (Read 3910 times)

blessings101

Woman Shoots Man Five Times After Rejection...
« on: September 11, 2007, 01:26:23 PM »
Source:http://www.wltx.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=53403&provider=top 

(Columbia) - Less than three months after being shot five times, 41-year-old Dale Wells knows he survived for a reason.

"I took five .357 magnums and God spared my life," Wells said.

The shooting happened June 19th in the front yard of his home on Munsen Springs Road. The woman pulling the trigger was Well's ex-roommate, Denise Moss. He said she wanted a relationship that he couldn't give her.

"She said that if she couldn't have me that no one else could," Wells recalled about the day she moved out.

Six months after she left, Wells said conversations were much more cordial. He even spoke with her on the phone moments before he was shot.

"We talked for about thirty minutes about nothing. 'How's your day? How's your job?'" Wells recalled. "I'm thinking she's still in New York."

Ten minutes later, while taking out the trash, he realized--Moss was steps, not states, away.

"I heard 'Dale?' Wells said. "I turned and I looked through the barrell of the gun and she was coming through my neighbor's tree-line and bushes."

Wells was shot five times in the upper body before Moss turned the gun on herself. The injuries required fifteen surgeries and a forty-day hospital stay, but the victim believes he survived because his life holds a lesson.

"Love doesn't hurt and when a person says 'I wanna kill you'--you don't know what will push a person over the line and make them follow through with that.'"

What is the safest way to turn someone down these days without hurting them???? :-\

Offline Keys410

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • A perfect man I am not, but I strive to be!

Re: Woman Shoots Man Five Times After Rejection...
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 01:43:42 PM »
Man I am afraid to say no now...Everytime I say no I gotta move in the middle of the night
I'm destined for greatness!!!

Offline SisterT

• Senior Moderator
  • LGM Member
  • New Look, Still Divalicious!
    • Earnest and Roline Ministries

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 02:43:03 PM »
What is the safest way to turn someone down these days without hurting them???? :-\
/quote]

You do realize this is an extreme case. It's not the norm. Folks usually don't get shot for stuff like this.

The best thing you can do for a person is to be homest. Just tell them, I don't believe this relationship will progress. It's time to end.

You can't guarentee that a person will not be hurt. But, instead of leading them on, call it off and don't send mixed signals like calling or trying to be friends with a person who can't handle just being friends. They will heal in time.

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 02:49:34 PM »
Any kind of rejection brings hurt.
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

blessings101

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 03:13:25 PM »

/quote]

You do realize this is an extreme case. It's not the norm. Folks usually don't get shot for stuff like this.

The best thing you can do for a person is to be homest. Just tell them, I don't believe this relationship will progress. It's time to end.

You can't guarentee that a person will not be hurt. But, instead of leading them on, call it off and don't send mixed signals like calling or trying to be friends with a person who can't handle just being friends. They will heal in time.

True story....But i recently tried to tell this girl off the back that i don't want to talk her.  One reason is because she's one of the praise dancers at the church i play at and the other reason is that i'm just not interested.  I told her that i didn't wanna b involved with her anymore and didn't wanna be friends.  How about last thursday night i get a knock at my door around 10 pm and it's her...i just looked through the peep hole saw who it was and went back to sit down and watch tv.....but she be callin my phones home and cell and i just don't want nothing to do with her.  I gave her my number when we first started talking which was in september of last year and recently she just been off the chain wit it....it's ironic that i came accross this story but i just had to share...it seems as though you REALLY get to know someone when u turn them down....but i don't think there is a way that i could've seen that she was stalkish like this before hand....  I dont' wanna do the restraining order thing again but i can't be having her coming round my crib and leaving messages like "is that girl in your myspace and facbook page you girlfriend" lol....HELLLLLPPPPPPP !!!!! :)

WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN IT'S SOMEBODY FROM THE CHURCH, AND U DON'T WANNA CAUSE CONFUSION.....???

blessings101

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 03:15:46 PM »
I messed up above so im reposting what was my statement/question and not part of Sis. T's quotecolor]

True story....But i recently tried to tell this girl off the back that i don't want to talk her.  One reason is because she's one of the praise dancers at the church i play at and the other reason is that i'm just not interested.  I told her that i didn't wanna b involved with her anymore and didn't wanna be friends.  How about last thursday night i get a knock at my door around 10 pm and it's her...i just looked through the peep hole saw who it was and went back to sit down and watch tv.....but she be callin my phones home and cell and i just don't want nothing to do with her.  I gave her my number when we first started talking which was in september of last year and recently she just been off the chain wit it....it's ironic that i came accross this story but i just had to share...it seems as though you REALLY get to know someone when u turn them down....but i don't think there is a way that i could've seen that she was stalkish like this before hand....  I dont' wanna do the restraining order thing again but i can't be having her coming round my crib and leaving messages like "is that girl in your myspace and facbook page you girlfriend" lol....HELLLLLPPPPPPP !!!!!

WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN IT'S SOMEBODY FROM THE CHURCH, AND U DON'T WANNA CAUSE CONFUSION.....???

Offline SisterT

• Senior Moderator
  • LGM Member
  • New Look, Still Divalicious!
    • Earnest and Roline Ministries

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 03:23:29 PM »

You do the same...just be honest. If you got problems breaking away from folks within your church, don't mess with the ones at your church again.

Don't entertain conversations with the young lady. Don't send mixed signals. Be firm and walk away from her.

If she continues to "stalk" you, perhaps you do need a restraining order.....but since you all are in the same church, I'd go to the Pastor or some other leader and ask him to intervene first.

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 03:49:43 PM »
So, did the girl die?  She was obviously disturbed.  That's also a complication of just "rooming with" the opposite sex.  Even if you don't think there's anything more, you don't know what they are thinking.

I wonder if there's more to the story.  Like, say for instance he doesn't like the girl and doesn't want anything to do with her, but when she offers to pay for dinner or picks up some gifts or clothing items at the store for him, he accepts with no argument.

For a crazy person, that's like saying "I'm in love with you"

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2007, 07:25:10 PM »
So, did the girl die?  She was obviously disturbed.  That's also a complication of just "rooming with" the opposite sex.  Even if you don't think there's anything more, you don't know what they are thinking.

I wonder if there's more to the story.  Like, say for instance he doesn't like the girl and doesn't want anything to do with her, but when she offers to pay for dinner or picks up some gifts or clothing items at the store for him, he accepts with no argument.

The same things I was wondering about...
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2007, 07:49:31 PM »
So, did the girl die?

Wells was shot five times in the upper body before Moss turned the gun on herself.

Does that answer your question?

blessings101

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2007, 08:14:27 PM »
yeah she died after she shot herself

Offline Keys410

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2007, 05:50:28 AM »

Just my opinion but from me being in this type of situation without the lady shooting me....He most likely hit it. He hit it for months and then she wanted more out of the relationship and he didn't want too. That's how we end  up with this story

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2007, 09:18:42 AM »
Does that answer your question?

Not really... just because she turned the gun on herself doesn't mean she died from those gunshot wounds. 

Just ask Moss... who also had a gun turned on him... five times, at that... in the "upper body".... he's still alive, ain't he?  :-\
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline LyricTenor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Not ONE Muslim joke!! >:-(

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2007, 11:29:26 AM »
Just my opinion but from me being in this type of situation without the lady shooting me....He most likely hit it. He hit it for months and then she wanted more out of the relationship and he didn't want too. That's how we end  up with this story

For true.  I tell a LOT of folks that when it comes to dealing with the opposite sex, DON'T bring ya "A" Game (christian site).  Follow me?

Offline Keys410

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2007, 11:48:41 AM »
For true.  I tell a LOT of folks that when it comes to dealing with the opposite sex, DON'T bring ya "A" Game (christian site).  Follow me?

FOREAL!!!! I wonder if he will become a rapper like 50....His might sell more cause a woman shot him

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2007, 01:48:44 PM »
I wanted to say that, but didn't know how.  Thank you for your eloquence, LOL.   

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2007, 05:04:13 PM »
Just ask Moss...

That's kinda impossible because she is dead, LOL.  I think you mean David Wells.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2007, 06:13:31 PM »
That's kinda impossible because she is dead, LOL.  I think you mean David Wells.

LOL... Oops.  I did mean Wells... but you're still not telling how you know for sure that Moss died??  Are you assuming she died because the article says she turned the gun on herself, or did you hear/read somewhere else that she actually died?

blessings101

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2007, 09:11:53 AM »
LOL... Oops.  I did mean Wells... but you're still not telling how you know for sure that Moss died??  Are you assuming she died because the article says she turned the gun on herself, or did you hear/read somewhere else that she actually died?

I think I said it earlier on here but....MOSS IS DEAD, YEP she shot him 5 times and then shot herself, but unfortuately she only need one shot to kick the bucket..... :(

B_XALTED

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2007, 01:00:34 PM »
i don't take rejection well at all.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up