LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Conduct of choir director  (Read 1040 times)

Offline Angel4ever

• LGM Member

Conduct of choir director
« on: September 12, 2007, 01:41:52 PM »
I've joined a community choir this summer with 10 other female singers. This is the first one i've joined. The choir has been for 6 years. The director is trying to rebuild the choir because he wants to start recording. I heard from other choir memebers there was alot of drama in the past. I have been watching how the director interact with some of the women in the group. The women call him "baby" and "boo." Sometimes he can be too "touchy feelly" with them. In my eyes and spirit don't feel right about it. I am a choir director in my church, I would treated the tenors in this manner. Is there a difference in interaction with church and community choir? I am friends with the director before I joined the group. As a new memeber, should I bring it to his attention or am I making a big deal out of nothing?

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

Re: Conduct of choir director
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 01:47:57 PM »
I've joined a community choir this summer with 10 other female singers. This is the first one i've joined. The choir has been for 6 years. The director is trying to rebuild the choir because he wants to start recording. I heard from other choir memebers there was alot of drama in the past. I have been watching how the director interact with some of the women in the group. The women call him "baby" and "boo." Sometimes he can be too "touchy feelly" with them. In my eyes and spirit don't feel right about it. I am a choir director in my church, I would treated the tenors in this manner. Is there a difference in interaction with church and community choir? I am friends with the director before I joined the group. As a new memeber, should I bring it to his attention or am I making a big deal out of nothing?

I think you addressed your own concern if it doesn't feel right in your spirit.

But, to answer your question, YES, there is a big difference in the way members interact in a church choir and in a community choir.  Whether or not that SHOULD be is a whole notha story.  :-\
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline bishopcole

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • YES INDEED!!! AND THATS A RAP!!!

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 04:05:09 PM »
I think you addressed your own concern if it doesn't feel right in your spirit.

But, to answer your question, YES, there is a big difference in the way members interact in a church choir and in a community choir.  Whether or not that SHOULD be is a whole notha story.  :-\

Very well stated!!  AND THATS A RAPP!!!  Bishop Cole
"Stay in God Always"  - Bishop Lamar Cole
"It's not about the Music, it's about the Ministry"

Offline Formuzik

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 11:11:09 AM »
I'm going to say this:  Gospel choir directors have a responsibility to be living epistles of the Gospel message in lifestyle as well as song.  This is not limited to church leadership, especially when we consider that we are called to go into the world and preach (publish) the gospel.  I think that community choir directors Biblically are called to live as much for Christ as anyone else, and the church should not separate them from the mandate of Christianity just because their choirs are not from the church building.  Remember, community choirs are made up of people from the churches within a community.  How many times have we seen people get messed up spiritually because of the influence of an ungodly community choir leader?

Pages: [1]   Go Up