LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 13 String BASS!!!??? Your in for a SHOCK!!! Try to keep your mouth CLOSED :)  (Read 1341 times)

Offline Gðñg§†a_Ñè®Ð™

• LGM Member
  • SISTER & I
    • My Youtube Page

I was on youtube a minute ago and came across this "Bass" ::) have a look and tell mi what you think. Think it will work, would you play one, would you evetually buy one if available and how does it look to you?

They that humble themselves shall be EXALTED, but they that Exalt themselves shall be ABASE

GWHITMIRE3

I think it's pretty cool due to the fact that this guy has never built a bass from scratch, but he has improved his own just as most of us here in LGM will do or have done. I will one day try to build my very own bass. I thinks that's one of the cool aspects about playing the bass-You can make your own beast and nobody elses will look or sound like yours. I would try to play a thirteen string, but first let me get my five string down packed. I hope all goes well with his 13 string-all that will do for me is keep me encouraged if it works and sounds good.

God Bless!

Offline dfwkeys

• LGM Member

That's not a bass, just a big electric harp! :)

Offline bassman2007

• LGM Member

wow, that was a wide neck.

Offline Quebass86

• LGM Member

I know Bill "Budda" Dickens has a fleet of basses with 7,8,9 plus strings. I am not sure if he has 13 strings or not but if anyone else does he does!!
May God's Grace & Mercy smile upon you!

Offline obvious3975

• LGM Member

okay, how many times did he say," um".
In ATL we have this game on the radio station called don't say,"um", and you have to talk for 1 minute without sayin it.
Man he would have lost the first 2 sec. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
That is alot of strings though, but homeboy here probably not far from catching up with him.

Offline Billy Low

• LGM Member

Dig my man Al Caldwell!

That an 11 string Benavente w/midi! Ther used to be a clip of him really killing this bass, but I can't find it!

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

I was on youtube a minute ago and came across this "Bass" ::) have a look and tell mi what you think. Think it will work, would you play one, would you evetually buy one if available and how does it look to you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXAmumqQ_t4

After doing a little research, I'm starting to think this bass is pure novelty.  Of all the clips he has, he has yet to play it or have it played to show how it sounds.  Plus he said that he doesn't have an amp.  Also, the pickups are not wired up.  Also, I can see that wooden "bridge" getting worn down after being under tension with those thin strings for so long.  Sure it looks great, but until I hear it, it's redundant how many strings it has.  But it is an interesting find on your part.
When you've done your very best, do even better.

Offline Bassyboy

• LGM Member

can dat bass actually work...
and can u actually play a 13 string bass guitar...
lol :D :D

nahhh.... dats good.
nice work.
Time is near until the son of man returns, so he that stays FIRM until the end will be saved........

Offline bradleymoorer

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Bringing da bass in Jesus name!!!
    • http://www.myspace.com/minbrad

1 word...why?
Bradley AKA Bass Monkey

Offline browntree

• LGM Member
  • www.reverbnation.com/btree

Re: 13 String BASS!!!??? Your in for a SHOCK!!! Try to keep your mouth CLOSED :)
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2007, 10:25:46 PM »
Terrible...

Browntree

And David spake to the chief of the Levites to appoint their brethren to be the singers with instruments of music, psalteries and harps and cymbals, sounding, by lifting up the voice with joy. I Chronicles 15:16

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

W.I.T.9.H????????????

What da ham sammich??????????

Is he serious??????????

What in da heezy????????

Dang, u gotta have Shaq size hands to play it, that neck is ridiculous!!! :o
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!
Pages: [1]   Go Up