LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I need some help from a brotha.  (Read 1229 times)

Offline DTas2

• LGM Member

I need some help from a brotha.
« on: December 30, 2007, 11:53:48 PM »
Oh the lord is leading me into grounds that have never been walked before. Yupp. I'm going to start playing at an all Black Baptist Church. By the way. I'm white. I've got plenty of soul and I never leave the house with out my funk but I have no Idea about gospel music.

So like I said, I need some help. Can someone suggest a song list to play for my first Sunday?

I'm thinking mostly Israel and Newbreed. Maybe son Kirk and what ever else you think should go in there.
I need 7 songs ending with "More Love, More Power". And I need the Israels "All Around" in there. Please help asap. Send you ideas to fanatic_116@yahoo.com

Thanks and stay blessed,
Tash

Offline Bassyboy

• LGM Member

Re: I need some help from a brotha.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 03:16:44 AM »
Kirk Franklin-Reason Why we sing/Behold the lamb
So Israel....mmmm..Trading my sorrows :D...(This track actually rains into a strong contem gospel praise)...
Thats me... 8)

Happy new years ;D
stay blessed
Time is near until the son of man returns, so he that stays FIRM until the end will be saved........

Offline LowBass

• LGM Member
    • Bass Ideas

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 07:37:44 AM »
Oh the lord is leading me into grounds that have never been walked before. Yupp. I'm going to start playing at an all Black Baptist Church. By the way. I'm white. I've got plenty of soul and I never leave the house with out my funk but I have no Idea about gospel music.

So like I said, I need some help. Can someone suggest a song list to play for my first Sunday?

I'm thinking mostly Israel and Newbreed. Maybe son Kirk and what ever else you think should go in there.
I need 7 songs ending with "More Love, More Power". And I need the Israels "All Around" in there. Please help asap. Send you ideas to fanatic_116@yahoo.com

Thanks and stay blessed,
Tash
I like to add a few things,many Black Baptist Church do not sing songs by Israels and Kirk. They sing Hymes and Congregation songs doing worship service.
There's alot of bass players and musicians who can't play these type of songs. But can play Kirk,Hammond,Mary Mary,Israel...ect
Are you the only musician? Have you been in service and listen their songs? Trust me when I say,many Churches do not like things that stinks and or Funky
Try to get with the other musicians or Pastor just to see

Offline dhagler

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 08:32:58 AM »
First of all, God Bless you and best of luck in your new endeavor.

No doubt you have already met with your Minister of Music (if they have one), Director, other musicians.  If there are recordings available of previous services, spend some time listening to those.  Ask for "musicians only" rehearsals until you and the other musicians get comfortable with one another.

Offline Torch7

• LGM Member
    • Gospel Bass Guitar Lessons Site

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 09:52:49 AM »
No doubt you have already met with your Minister of Music (if they have one), Director, other musicians.  If there are recordings available of previous services, spend some time listening to those.  Ask for "musicians only" rehearsals until you and the other musicians get comfortable with one another.
+1

Donnie McClurkin's: "Psalms Hymns, and Spiritual Songs"
It has Traditional Gospel, Contemporary, and Praise and Worship Songs all rolled in a two CD-Set.

Offline markk

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 10:39:20 AM »
hey brotha.

Listen as long as you are being led by God dont worry about anything because God is not going to send you anywhere unless you are prepared.

Now, if God didnt send you and youre just doing this just for money you might want to think about it.  But i encourage you to be strong in the Lord and the power of his might and he shall strengthen your heart.

Thats cool my white brother!!!!!!!  Have fun and enjoy Jesus

markalathanyahoo.com  :D

Offline DTas2

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 12:22:38 AM »
hey brotha.

Listen as long as you are being led by God dont worry about anything because God is not going to send you anywhere unless you are prepared.

Now, if God didnt send you and youre just doing this just for money you might want to think about it.  But i encourage you to be strong in the Lord and the power of his might and he shall strengthen your heart.

Thats cool my white brother!!!!!!!  Have fun and enjoy Jesus

markalathanyahoo.com  :D

You know whats funny, I turned down the pay check for that reason.

Offline DTas2

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 09:26:13 PM »
I ended up choosing

All Around
Turn It Around
Glorious
Friend Of God
Better is One Day
In The Sanctuary
More Love, More Power