LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: what key you in  (Read 4553 times)

Offline tanis107

• LGM Member

what key you in
« on: September 20, 2007, 08:34:17 AM »
what key (s) are you most comfortable in. why do think that is

me personally i love some Db

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

Re: what key you in
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 10:25:01 AM »
I'm most comfortable in Eb cuz I practice in that key the most.
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline Marcus12

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 10:57:14 AM »
I started out learning everything in Db!  Then when I started learning theory and practicing playing chords, I am now in love with C.  I think it's because most people when giving a little lesson (LGM) will explain it in C. 

LOL.......Question.  Why is it that most black gospel musicians love playing in black keys (Db, Eb, Gb, Ab, Bb)?

They hardest key for me to play in is D!!!  I don't know why I have so many problems with that key.  Does anyone else feel uncomfortable in D?

Offline Shadow_

• LGM Member
    • MidesMusic

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 01:55:34 PM »
I don't have a favorite anymore...it used to be all the black keys but I've warmed up to the white keys...i loved the challenge of playing in them and now I'm fluent in all of them. The one's that i rarely play in though are D,A & G...I'm not too sure why, but its partly because most of the songs I'm learning aren't in those keys...
Why do bad people happen to good things?

Offline glorydweller

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 03:03:54 PM »
I like A, and I think it's because it (1.) fits nicely with my vocal range, and (2.) seems to add a nice color to extended chords.

But I also hang around in Bb, C, D, F, and G a lot. I'm just starting to be fluent in the mostly black keys.

Offline chevonee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Back and better than ever!
    • God's Glory

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 10:23:28 PM »
I am just like T-block my favorite key of all is Eb. But since coming to LGM and having my rear-end kicked a couple of times by T-block, I have learned to play in Ab, Bb, C, Db, F, Gb, G, B, and of course Eb. I have a few problems playing in the keys of D, A, and  E.  I can play in those keys, but I'm not very comfortable with them yet.
Strike while the iron is hot!

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 11:00:01 AM »
It's all about practicing and playing in every key to get familiar with every key.  Practice really does make perfect, so why not start today and eliminate that old "favorite key" syndrome, LOL (also talking to myself).
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline PianoWizard

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • 費思是能力到不恐慌

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 06:45:38 PM »
I'm most comfortable in the key of C, C# & D because I learn most of my songs in these keys, would you believe the first song I learnt on the piano was in the key of E...... :D.

PianoWiz...

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2007, 10:30:01 PM »
I can play in all the keys, and actually, I play in the white ones more, since I coming to this church. I'm most comfortable, though, in all of them except G. It was G and F, but I've been working on F for the past month. I can do runs easily in all the keys except D, E, G, and A. I haven't perfected my pattern for those keys yet. E and A is a little better than D and G though.

Offline clefnote

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • God shall supply every need ;BELIEVE and RECEIVE

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2007, 01:02:58 PM »
FOR ME IT'S Ab & Eb I GUESS CAUSE PRACTICE & PLAY IN THESE ALOT. I CAN PLAY IN Db ,Bb,Gb,& F.MY WHITE KEY STILL WORKING ON THEM TO GET MORE FLUENT. :P :-\ :'(
IF, IT AIN'T IN THE WORD, IT'S NOT OF GOD!

Offline glorydweller

• LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2007, 02:08:50 PM »
Well, do ya'll think that certain keys add a little something - a certain color - to certain styles or textures better than others? For me, different songs seem to sound better in certain keys. When I transpose a particular song to another key, though I can play it just as fluently, sometimes something gets lost. It's hard to explain. I know that on an acoustic piano, the tuning affects how songs sound in different keys. What do ya'll think about this?

Offline TheBigO30

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I do it all for the Lord,

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2007, 03:57:36 PM »
my key i love is B, i can play in Gb,Ab,A,C#,E, and C. I'm training myself to play the rest of the key.
Lets save souls with the Lords music.

Offline pianomanbaby

• LGM Member
  • The Minstrel

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2007, 10:40:16 PM »
I love all the keys it really don't matter what key it is all of them are my favorite.
A Minstrel who loves God. Remember to learn to play in every key!!!

Offline Timz

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Knowing God

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2007, 08:28:11 AM »
I started out learning everything in Db!  Then when I started learning theory and practicing playing chords, I am now in love with C.  I think it's because most people when giving a little lesson (LGM) will explain it in C. 

LOL.......Question.  Why is it that most black gospel musicians love playing in black keys (Db, Eb, Gb, Ab, Bb)?

They hardest key for me to play in is D!!!  I don't know why I have so many problems with that key.  Does anyone else feel uncomfortable in D?

Im not really good at D, im still learning in all keys, my original favourite was Db, but now im more an Aflat person, Im starting to like E, A's the key i was God had left out in music, but never mind lol erm C,B,Bb stil working on, F#,f looking hopeful. So in all im ok in all keys except D and A but somebody once told me its all in the mind lol, i wonder what your views are?
Carrying out the Legacy of Christ via Music

Offline musallio

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Merry Christmas to you :-)
    • Hear & Play page

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2007, 06:40:21 PM »
Exactly 3 days ago, i was trying 2 play a song along the cd & twas in the key of D..twas my 1st time attemptng 2 play in D..oh my am I in love with the key now!!!

I used 2 dread it, but always wanted 2 play in it coz it sounds sooooooo sweeeeet when J Powell plays in it.

I found myself playing progressions so sweet that I'd never played b4, i immedi8ly transposed them to all the keys.

I'm most comfortable with F# for now...that's coz i only play 4 fun & mostly sing in that key when I'm alone.
Powered & Sponsored by Jesus Christ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up