LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 9volt vs. 18volt  (Read 7395 times)

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

Re: 9volt vs. 18volt
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2007, 11:11:57 AM »
ok thanks. thats what im gonna do in the next few weeks and see how the EMGs sound, otherwise im going for new pickups. probably gonna Barts for the pickups. was thinkin about nordstrands, but i hate the look of the exposed pole pickups.
For my God... let "Golden Axe" prevail.

Offline BimmerFan99

• LGM Member

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2007, 01:51:11 PM »
I'm thinkin I'm going to modify my Schecter with the Aguilar OBP-3 preamp, too.  I've heard nothing but good things about the Aguilar.  If I do preamp and pickups, I might as well get another bass.

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2007, 02:25:03 PM »
i totally feel where u comin from. i dont want to do all that either. but nothin i've tried gives me the same feel as my schecter (probably the ocean basses) because i dont like the wide string spacing. so if i get another bass it'd be a shecter (which puts me at square one). hopefully that aguilar preamp does the EMGs enough justice so i dont have to do any more mods.
For my God... let "Golden Axe" prevail.

Offline BimmerFan99

• LGM Member

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2007, 04:34:54 PM »
i totally feel where u comin from. i dont want to do all that either. but nothin i've tried gives me the same feel as my schecter (probably the ocean basses) because i dont like the wide string spacing. so if i get another bass it'd be a shecter (which puts me at square one). hopefully that aguilar preamp does the EMGs enough justice so i dont have to do any more mods.

Well, for a second bass, I'm lookin at the BTB555MP (http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_ibanez_btb555mp_electric_5string_bass?full_sku=515086%2e008) or an SX or Douglas from Rondo Music.  If I get one from Rondo, I know I'm going to swap out pickups and make mods.  If I get the BTB, I'm pretty sure I won't be doing anything to it.

Offline dfwkeys

• LGM Member

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2007, 08:17:10 AM »

+1 on that, I've tried fenders, musicman, and all other top rated basses but the schecter has the best feel and playability for me...

Offline hands5

• LGM Member

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2007, 11:10:16 PM »
I 've rewired all my basses back to 9vlt and the reason I did this is because I think a 9vlt has plenty of headroom and it's a lot more musical sounding. I found the 18vlt to be real clickish and sterile sounding not to mention I got sick of changing batteries every 3 weeks
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up