LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Welcome our newest LGM Moderator.....  (Read 2304 times)

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

Welcome our newest LGM Moderator.....
« on: September 26, 2007, 10:02:59 AM »
jlynnb1 is now officially the moderator over the Gospel Guitar board.  Everyone welcome him.
:)

Offline SisterT

• Senior Moderator
  • LGM Member
  • New Look, Still Divalicious!
    • Earnest and Roline Ministries

Re: Welcome our newest LGM Moderator.....
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 10:14:06 AM »
Welcome to the team.  ;D

Offline lilBB

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 10:22:17 AM »
..............RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....

just kidding. congrats man. u deserve it! (is this an award or something, lol)

u really are an active participant in the lives of many up an coming guitarists.

Offline jlynnb1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 10:32:57 AM »
lol bb!

Thaks guys, this will just make it easier to organize our guitar jam posts and to sticky important posts that everyone would like to have easier access to.

Definitely glad to ba a part and to help anyway I can.

Jason (jlynnb1)

Offline gtrdave

• LGM Member
  • Men always ought to pray and not lose heart.
    • Check out some of my music!

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 11:06:30 AM »
But...but...WHO will protect the innocent defenders of the artist formerly known as Prince but once again known as Prince?  :o

I weep for our souls...  :'(

;)
Music theory is not always music reality.

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 11:09:12 AM »
Welcome to blue stardom :)
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)

Offline Gibby

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Dad...i'm ready for the world!

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 12:36:57 PM »
I SAID IT AND IT CAME TO PAST!!!!!!!

Offline jlynnb1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 01:55:39 PM »
But...but...WHO will protect the innocent defenders of the artist formerly known as Prince but once again known as Prince?  :o

I weep for our souls...  :'(

;)

now that I've shouldered this mantle of responsibility, I shall tone down my rhetoric concerning Mr. Prince.......maybe. ;)

(i'm so misunderstood)

Offline Sonar

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 02:04:20 PM »
jlynnb1 is now officially the moderator over the Gospel Guitar board.  Everyone welcome him.

It should be interesting to witness someone who espouses "You'll never develop an ear or an understanding of how chords fit together in a song if you let someone else figure it out for you"....in terms of moderating a musical forum at a place called "LearnGospelMusic".

Will posts that actually figure out songs for others be subject to being deleted?   :o :o

Can we expect an off-shoot guitar forum next to the "Guitar Chords And Tab Forum" called the "Go Home And Figure It Out For Yourself Forum"?  :D

Sorry Jason....couldn't pass up on the irony at play here.   ;)

Offline jlynnb1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 02:57:11 PM »
It should be interesting to witness someone who espouses "You'll never develop an ear or an understanding of how chords fit together in a song if you let someone else figure it out for you"....in terms of moderating a musical forum at a place called "LearnGospelMusic".

Will posts that actually figure out songs for others be subject to being deleted?   :o :o

Can we expect an off-shoot guitar forum next to the "Guitar Chords And Tab Forum" called the "Go Home And Figure It Out For Yourself Forum"?  :D

Sorry Jason....couldn't pass up on the irony at play here.   ;)

We just have differing views on how to approach that, but I don't think the personal attack was necessary.

My issue has been and will always be the same thing.....letting someone else show you everything as opposed to figuring out as much as you can on your own and asking for help with the parts you can't quite get down. I personally feel that you aren't helping someone if you always show them everything, you are crippling them by not encouraging them to develop the desire and the work ethic to sit down with the guitar and a cd and maybe a lead sheet and keeping at it until it comes to you. You can't teach someone how to have an ear, but you can help them along the way if they are willing to do the work. There has been enough posts here to fill a book on how chords fit together as they relate to the major scale, how to harmonize the scale so you can almost always know what the value of each chord should be when you know the key, etc. There has been alot of info given by everyone here (including myself) that would get anyone on the road to learning how to figure a song out them for themselves, don't try to portray it as being unwilling to help.

Having mod abilities in our thread also allows me to sticky topics that would be beneficial to everyone, so we could work towards compiling a list of topics that everyone should know, and then work together to have as much info/resources pertaing to that subject as possible.

As for chord requests, they won't be deleted if they are in the appropriate forum.

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007, 04:12:50 PM »

Well, at least I now know for sure I chose the right person for the job, this is just 'CopyGospelmusic.com".
:)

Offline Gibby

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2007, 04:30:07 PM »
We just have differing views on how to approach that, but I don't think the personal attack was necessary.

My issue has been and will always be the same thing.....letting someone else show you everything as opposed to figuring out as much as you can on your own and asking for help with the parts you can't quite get down. I personally feel that you aren't helping someone if you always show them everything, you are crippling them by not encouraging them to develop the desire and the work ethic to sit down with the guitar and a cd and maybe a lead sheet and keeping at it until it comes to you. You can't teach someone how to have an ear, but you can help them along the way if they are willing to do the work. There has been enough posts here to fill a book on how chords fit together as they relate to the major scale, how to harmonize the scale so you can almost always know what the value of each chord should be when you know the key, etc. There has been alot of info given by everyone here (including myself) that would get anyone on the road to learning how to figure a song out them for themselves, don't try to portray it as being unwilling to help.

Having mod abilities in our thread also allows me to sticky topics that would be beneficial to everyone, so we could work towards compiling a list of topics that everyone should know, and then work together to have as much info/resources pertaing to that subject as possible.

As for chord requests, they won't be deleted if they are in the appropriate forum.

Stern as always  :D

Offline jlynnb1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2007, 05:05:41 PM »
Stern as always  :D

gibby you listen to me right now, i won't repeat myself....thanks for alwys being comic relief, lol.

Offline Gibby

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2007, 06:53:12 PM »
gibby you listen to me right now, i won't repeat myself....thanks for alwys being comic relief, lol.

You know we gotta have balance  :D

Offline GRIP805

• LGM Member
  • bigsby tele

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2007, 06:54:16 PM »
WELCOME,WELCOME, WELCOME

1 FOR THE FATHER

1 FOR THE SON &

1 FOR THE HOLY GHOST

Offline JayP5150

• LGM Member
    • PEEBSound Guitar Effects

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2007, 10:58:31 PM »
I need chords for The Presence Of The Lord Is Here... Any help is greatly appreciated.

Just kidding! lol.  Congrats, man, I know you'll run a clean ship.

Offline jlynnb1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2007, 12:05:44 AM »
I need chords for The Presence Of The Lord Is Here... Any help is greatly appreciated.

Just kidding! lol.  Congrats, man, I know you'll run a clean ship.

lol, i think it's in the key of learn it yourself....

Offline Gibby

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2007, 07:56:58 AM »
lol, i think it's in the key of learn it yourself....

LOL!!!!

Offline Rown

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2007, 11:25:57 AM »
                               COOL ;D
    Are you getting paid 20,000,000 ,like PRINCE did for the SUPERBOWL ?/?I am just playing brother.I will be asking you for help at times.MAY GOD BLESS YOU ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up