LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: I Sort Of Wrestled With The Idea Of Doing This, But You All Can Really Help...  (Read 8742 times)

IICOII

I have no interest in braggin', or implying that I have a lot - 'cause I know it is VERY easy for  a thread like this to be interpreted as such...

For example, someone craving attention may come on and say, "Hey, I'm looking to buy my dream-kit, and price is not an object!" From my experience, more than likely, when someone say's that , they're trying to appear as if they're big-ballin', and probably won't ever buy any of the kit's that have been suggested...

I am not trying to do that, okay? Okay.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A lot of your guys seem to have an encyclopedic knowledge of gear, and that's why I'm here. I "quit" the drums almost a year ago(I continued to play, I just didn't own one to practice one) - but now I'm back. I got tired of the drum-monkey riding my back. If I wasn't beat-boxing, I was was beating on my computer disk with a pair of sticks I found in my closet. Soooo, that's proof enough that drums are likely going to be apart of my life...forever....

NOW!

I want that DREAM-kit! However, I will admit, I've always SUCKED when it came to shoppin' for gear. What would you guys suggest? As a matter of factly, and if you don't mind, post what you would consider your dream kit ...

Thanks In Advance,

Div

Offline Keys410

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • A perfect man I am not, but I strive to be!

I've played this set at my local GC...I just like the set up plus the sound is good.
I'm destined for greatness!!!

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Marvin McQuitty jr. (Thank You)

< - - - - - - - D.W.

8x7, 8x10, 8x12, 14x14, 16x16, 18x22 kick, 18x20 kick (Maple Lacquer Tequila Sunrise or Exotic Waterfall Bubinga)

5x14, 6x14 all maple snare, 7x13 Edge, 5.5x13 Aluminum snare

D.W. 5000 hihat stand (2-legged)  DW 9000 Single kick pedal, DW 9000 hardware/Air lift drum throne.

Psalms 144.1 - "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

IICOII

< - - - - - - - D.W.

8x7, 8x10, 8x12, 14x14, 16x16, 18x22 kick, 18x20 kick (Maple Lacquer Tequila Sunrise or Exotic Waterfall Bubinga)

D.W. 5000 hihat stand (2-legged)  DW 9000 Single kick pedal, DW 9000 hardware/Air lift drum throne.

Dude, this is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! GOOD LAWD!!!

Offline Keys410

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

< - - - - - - - D.W.

Ummm...Either something was in my soda or Lazurus just arose... ;D

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

;D

The price tag on that joka is just out of control.

I can see my dad looking at that kit and saying, "Those are some sharp drums." LOL
Psalms 144.1 - "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

IICOII

;D

The price tag on that joka is just out of control.

I can see my dad looking at that kit and saying, "Those are some sharp drums." LOL

Gold rims are blazing...

What's the price tag?

Offline teflonminds88

• LGM Member
  • All fun and games...

Tama bubinga birch hybrid 10 12 14 with all high-end dw hardware including the 9000 foot pedal and hi hat stand. I would also have all HHX Evolutions crashes. As for the hats and the ride, I'm still unsure as to what my dreams of those would be.

The REAL dream would be if I could add an 8 and 16 tom to the kit  ;D ;D ;D But because it's limited edition I can't upgrade  :'(
"Give them the truth, so they approach the situation with ammunition."

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Gold rims are blazing...

What's the price tag?

LOL.  Gold Rims, eh? Must be a S. Carolina thing. :-\ ;D  At any rate check this out: 9x12, 14x12, 7x13 Edge Snare, 18x22 kick in Waterfall Bubinga (Bob Barker Voice).... for the Grand Total of..........$3,499.99. *No Hardware*  :o :o :o

Offline Keys410

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

LOL.  Gold Rims, eh? Must be a S. Carolina thing. :-\ ;D  At any rate check this out: 9x12, 14x12, 7x13 Edge Snare, 18x22 kick in Waterfall Bubinga (Bob Barker Voice).... for the Grand Total of..........$3,499.99. *No Hardware*  :o :o :o

:o...WoW...Umm let me pay my car off first..lol

IICOII

Re: I Sort Of Wrestled With The Idea Of Doing This, But You All Can Really Help.
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007, 11:38:02 AM »

Well, my style of play nor my drum lingo is influenced by anyone from the south. I'm not much of a gear-head, so I don't know all the "proper terms". I'm trying to change that, so I can make better buying decision's in the future(I want to open a school)...

Also, 3499 ain't bad, at all.

Offline teflonminds88

• LGM Member
  • All fun and games...

Re: I Sort Of Wrestled With The Idea Of Doing This, But You All Can Really Help.
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2007, 11:41:34 AM »
Well, my style of play nor my drum lingo is influenced by anyone from South Carolina. I'm not much of a gear-head, so I don't know all the "proper terms". I'm trying to change that, so I can make better buying decision's in the future(I want to open a school)...

I'm sorry lol But that seemed kind of random. What does your wanting to open a school have to do with anything  ?/? just asking

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2007, 11:46:21 AM »
Well, my style of play nor my drum lingo is influenced by anyone from South Carolina. I'm not much of a gear-head, so I don't know all the "proper terms". I'm trying to change that, so I can make better buying decision's in the future(I want to open a school)...

nah man.  Rims is a proper term too. LOL  I'm just messing with ya.  I'm just used to calling them hoops.  It's the same thing.  Check my whole dream kit out though.  This kit is pretty close to $6,000 with no hardware. :o :o

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2007, 11:51:43 AM »
nah man.  Rims is a proper term too. LOL  I'm just messing with ya.  I'm just used to calling them hoops.  It's the same thing.  Check my whole dream kit out though.  This kit is pretty close to $6,000 with no hardware. :o :o

That is a nice kit, Lazarus, real nice!  :D

IICOII

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2007, 12:03:07 PM »
I'm sorry lol But that seemed kind of random. What does your wanting to open a school have to do with anything  ?/? just asking

I need to know what I'm asking for if I'm going to order the right gear for my school, right?

IICOII

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2007, 12:09:11 PM »

That's extra fancy...

That almost looks too good to play...

Is this the peak of drum perfection?

Offline teflonminds88

• LGM Member
  • All fun and games...

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2007, 12:12:53 PM »
I need to know what I'm asking for if I'm going to order the right gear for my school, right?

Yeah man...it's good to be knowledgeable about the gear you want to purchase. I'm inferring that this is a drum school you're trying to open?

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2007, 12:13:51 PM »
That's extra fancy...

That almost looks too good to play...

Is this the peak of drum perfection?

Pretty close man.  This kit and a couple of other DW's are meant to be kept at home with those nice fancy ropes that they use at banks in N.Y. around 'em.  Kind of like a very expensive Grand Piano.

You'd be better off looking at something in their Lacquer Finish or Satin Finish lines.  I know I would. :-\

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Here's another one Div.  I like this one a lot actually. This one would be around $4,500 with no hardware.  You can find this one on ebay for about 2,000 used though.

Eccentric-Rhythm

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2007, 01:46:15 PM »
If you want a dream kit...a custom dream kit, SONOR SQ2 is the way to go.
I personally wont be buying one. I am going to settle for a Sonor Delite kit. Another great choice.

When you get into a high end drum, the quality is going to be close. So pay attention to the small details. Ask j_kay why he love's Pearl's lugs so much. Finishes, lugs, hoops, mounting hardware even the badges are things to consider when buying a kit of this quality.

Bottom line is, you can't go wrong with a high end kit.

oh, by the way, here is a couple shots of an SQ2 kit:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up