LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Teaching MUSICIANS orginal music  (Read 856 times)

Offline cshb

• LGM Member
    • YOUNG AND GIFTED

Teaching MUSICIANS orginal music
« on: September 21, 2007, 12:33:39 PM »
Hi everyone. I've been a member here for a while, but just dormant...
Anyway, I just want to get some advice.  I'm write songs (lead sheets and full sheets) for my gospel group. I'm not the best musician, but my musicians are excellent. I just can't seem to write the music in a way that fits the whole comtemporary sound complete with all the lick and tricks you excellent musicians use all the time.  So, in a case like this, what would you do?  I just don't want to seem inadequate.
Charlton

Offline cshb

• LGM Member
    • YOUNG AND GIFTED

Re: Teaching MUSICIANS original music
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 01:00:09 PM »
Hi everyone. I've been a member here for a while, but just dormant...
Anyway, I just want to get some advice.  I'm write songs (lead sheets and full sheets) for my gospel group. I'm not the best musician, but my musicians are excellent. I just can't seem to write the music in a way that fits the whole contemporary sound, complete with all the licks and tricks you excellent musicians use all the time.  So, in a case like this, what would you do?  I just don't want to seem inadequate.
Charlton

Offline kennygee30

• LGM Member

Re: Teaching MUSICIANS orginal music
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 05:53:35 PM »
The way you can get your music (original music) to coinside with the music that all of us musicians like to hear is get with your musicians and alow them to flow freely around what you have written...You have the format of the song and the way you want it to flow from what it sounds like to me, but you need to get with them and have a (shed session) and put your format with their chords and let the two merge together....and of course allow God to direct the session because this way it will open up your mind to some things that may not have came up before...I know one time when i was writing some material for my choir I ended up changing the whole song because the spirit fell and the progression where off the hook all because we allowed God to be in the midst...

so get with your musicians and GET DOWN WIT IT..

be blessed
Be Strong In The Lord and The Power of His Might....Be Blessed....

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: Teaching MUSICIANS orginal music
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 01:43:48 AM »
The way you can get your music (original music) to coinside with the music that all of us musicians like to hear is get with your musicians and alow them to flow freely around what you have written...You have the format of the song and the way you want it to flow from what it sounds like to me, but you need to get with them and have a (shed session) and put your format with their chords and let the two merge together....and of course allow God to direct the session because this way it will open up your mind to some things that may not have came up before...I know one time when i was writing some material for my choir I ended up changing the whole song because the spirit fell and the progression where off the hook all because we allowed God to be in the midst...

so get with your musicians and GET DOWN WIT IT..

be blessed

Ditto. If you try to lock it up, you may even lose the respect of the musicians.
Pages: [1]   Go Up