LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: It ain't easy!! Help PLEASE!  (Read 756 times)

musicalchuck

It ain't easy!! Help PLEASE!
« on: September 26, 2007, 11:24:27 AM »
I'm Charles, and I'm the MOM at my church and have been for 2 years now, but I have a problem.  I have older people under me (older than 18).  Some of them tend not to listen to what I'm trying to say, let alone accept correction from me because of my age.  What should I do?
How should I go about leading these people?  I know that God has called me to this, and I'm in the position to lead now, but the older members don't take me seriously.  HELP!!!!!

Offline Angel4ever

• LGM Member

Re: It ain't easy!! Help PLEASE!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 02:02:04 AM »
I have been there before. It can be very diffucult when older members don't respect you as a leader and also not trying to be disrespectful to them. Talk to the pastor about the issue. Before rehersal you and the pastor needs to address the issue to the members. Before every rehersal, remind the members you are here to get a goal accomplish and you need everyone participation. You need everyone to respect you as you will respect them. After rehersal, thank them for their participation. As the MOM you always have the final decision. Stay firm and be respectful to your decisions. When they see you are serious about your decisons, they will take you seriously. There is nothing wrong taking others advice also. This change will take time, it doesn't happen overnight.
Pages: [1]   Go Up