LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trade : NBA ALL Star says: "The Lakers organization would be a good fit"  (Read 348 times)

Offline J31

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • 2 Sam 24:24

Phoenix Suns forward Shawn Marion, the team's highest-paid player and a four-time All-Star, says he wants to be traded after eight years with the club.

Marion said he decided to ask to leave because the team considered trading him over the summer and won't talk about a contract extension.
Marion told The Arizona Republic late Tuesday that he had informed the team of his desires and has struggled with the decision.

"I'm tired of hearing my name in trades," Marion said by phone from his Chicago home. "I love my fans in Phoenix, but I think it's time for me to move on."

Marion has two years left on his contract, which will net him $16.4 million for this season and $17.8 million in 2008-2009.

News:

Vick tests positive for pot

No. 756 going to Hall with asterisk
For all of today's top stories, click here.
Featured content:

Rosenthal: Time for MLB awards

Czar: Is Griese really the answer?

Marvez: Should Thomas call it quits?

Rumors:

Two-time MVP to get roasted
For all of today's rumors, click here.
Video:

Pete Carroll preps for Huskies
For more videos, click here.
Photo galleries:

Best of NFL Week 3
For more photos, click here.

Suns general manager Steve Kerr declined to comment.

Marion said the Suns' decision not to enter contract-extension talks is only part of the reason he wants to leave. He also said the team's consideration of a three-way trade that would have sent him to the Boston Celtics in a deal landing the Minnesota Timberwolves' Kevin Garnett in Phoenix was a factor. Garnett has since been traded to the Celtics.

"I feel they tried to force my hand to Boston with the Garnett stuff," the 29-year-old said.

"I haven't done anything wrong. I leave it on the floor night in and night out," Marion said. "Sometimes it's just time to move on."

Marion said he would report as required for training camp Monday if he is still with the team. Besides Boris Diaw, who is expected to report Wednesday, the rest of the team is already in Phoenix for voluntary workouts.

"I'll do what I've got to do," he said. "I'm a professional. I'm not bitter. I love the fans, but I've got to take care of me."

So where would he like to go?

The Lakers look good to him.

"You have a great organization, great ownership there with the Lakers. I don't see no problems with playing there," Marion told The Sporting News.

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

Re: Trade : NBA ALL Star says: "The Lakers organization would be a good fit"
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 02:19:29 PM »
I respect how he put it out there.  He didn't get all emotional and start calling folks out.  He just weighed the facts and made a professional decision.  Good for him.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 02:33:18 PM »
I respect how he put it out there.  He didn't get all emotional and start calling folks out.  He just weighed the facts and made a professional decision.  Good for him.

I don't know anything about basketball, trading, or Shawn Marion, so the only input I can offer is what you already said above.

Cosign.
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline rayjohnson83

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://www.facebook.com/rayjohnson83

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 03:21:12 PM »
Thats my guy, he sure would look on a real team. (SPURS!) or even the grizzlies ;) :D ;D

Offline csedwards2

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Find me on the book

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 09:35:31 AM »
Thats my guy, he sure would look on a real team. (SPURS!) or even the grizzlies ;) :D ;D
if the lakers dont want him, we'll take him over here in Washingotn

Offline rayjohnson83

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://www.facebook.com/rayjohnson83

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 09:39:17 AM »
if the lakers dont want him, we'll take him over here in Washingotn
i BET YALL WOULD. LOL!!!!

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 10:04:53 AM »

Uh huh.  Very professional :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up