LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: can anyone play this song?  (Read 3768 times)

Offline chrisrob21

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: can anyone play this song?
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2007, 10:48:17 PM »
hey t-block i have a question so is this a progression or just a pattern and is there something on this site that breaks down the number system in Ab?

Offline GUTCH

• LGM Member

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2007, 11:34:58 PM »
GREAT QUESTION, BREAK IT DOWN.

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2007, 07:38:21 AM »
hey t-block i have a question so is this a progression or just a pattern and is there something on this site that breaks down the number system in Ab?

O.K. let me explain something here, the main reason for the whole progression format is so that it is easier to play something in every key.  There may or may not be a repeated pattern to it, but essentially if u know the progressions numbers, then u can play it in every key.

Now, as far as this song, there is a pattern to the music, but we use progression numbers to figure that pattern out and possibly to play it in other keys if desired.  Does that make sense?

The number system is just the notes of the major scale.  I'm sure you know that in every key, right?  If not, shame on you, u need to go back and review your basic theory, lol.  Here's the numbers for Ab:

Ab=1  Bb=2  C=3  Db=4  Eb=5  F=6  G=7
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline chrisrob21

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2007, 09:09:39 PM »
oh ok i see but here is what i have  a problem with is finding the right bass line like some times if u use the wrong bass line it will change the whole sound so how do i find that when im tryna learn a song

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2007, 02:32:06 PM »
oh ok i see but here is what i have  a problem with is finding the right bass line like some times if u use the wrong bass line it will change the whole sound so how do i find that when im tryna learn a song

You gotta listen for it man.  The bass is the lowest notes played, so sometimes u gotta listen hard and ignore all the high stuff.  Once u hear it, write it down so u don't forget it.
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline georgiagurl

• LGM Member

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2007, 03:20:56 PM »
You gotta listen for it man.  The bass is the lowest notes played, so sometimes u gotta listen hard and ignore all the high stuff.  Once u hear it, write it down so u don't forget it.
U r jammin man, wit all the knowledge dat u have. A lady name chevonee told me that you really know your stuff, I must say that I am very impressed!

Thanks T-block and keep up the good work. Chording songs like this really helps me to play other songs as well because I recognize the progression. God bless you my friend! ;)
True dat!
Jesus is Lord!

Offline chevonee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Back and better than ever!
    • God's Glory

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2007, 03:42:39 PM »
Welcome to LGM georgiagurl!! I told ya he was the wizard.
Strike while the iron is hot!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up