LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: One Chord Request For Rish....  (Read 1528 times)

Offline jlynnb1

• LGM Member

One Chord Request For Rish....
« on: September 29, 2007, 03:04:17 AM »
"Heavenly Choir" by the Canton Spirituals just the intro chord its on the Live in Memphis album....you can probally download in on lime if you dont have it..but im trying to figure it out...its sounds like a C maj. but its not that,,,i cant figure it out...just the chord i have the little runs after that...thanks...hey does anybody remember when the purple rain movie came out and that girl was playing purple rain..man she had everybody trying to hit that intro chord her fingers are crazy...lolololol......thats what ive been going through to try to figure this one out..

Rish,

I'll listen to it more closely a bit later after dinner, but on first listen it appears to be something like this:

G6sus4

e I--- 0 --
B I--- 3 --
G I--- 0 --
D I--- 2 --
A I--- 3 --
E I--- 3 --

Cool...I found a picture

Picking pattern: Note, note, follow through  (from lowest string to highest)
I mean, it isn't just a broad even "strum"...it starts off slow (even though the chord itself goes by quickly). Slowed down to 50% on my computer, you can hear the first two notes hit slower and more deliberately giving it a nice slightly "loping" attack to a very pretty chord.

No muted strings on first listen.

The open strings give it a nice texture.

Offline Sonar

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: One Chord Request For Rish....
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 07:44:00 AM »
[Reposted to include deleted chord diagram]

Rish,

I'll listen to it more closely a bit later after dinner, but on first listen it appears to be something like this:

G6sus4

e I--- 0 --
B I--- 3 --
G I--- 0 --
D I--- 2 --
A I--- 3 --
E I--- 3 --

Cool...I found a picture

Picking pattern: Note, note, follow through  (from lowest string to highest)
I mean, it isn't just a broad even "strum"...it starts off slow (even though the chord itself goes by quickly). Slowed down to 50% on my computer, you can hear the first two notes hit slower and more deliberately giving it a nice slightly "loping" attack to a very pretty chord.

No muted strings on first listen.

The open strings give it a nice texture.

Offline jlynnb1

• LGM Member

Re: One Chord Request For Rish....
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 12:47:05 PM »
i copy/pasted the whole post, i guess it didn't like the image....
Pages: [1]   Go Up