LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ALL THIS CONFUSION IN THE CHURCH  (Read 880 times)

Offline jgause2

• LGM Member

ALL THIS CONFUSION IN THE CHURCH
« on: October 01, 2007, 09:47:47 AM »
sometimes i think some of these problems wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the fact that my family is over the whole music department at our church.

My sister was our former Praise Team leader/director.   She recently relocated to Minnesota for grad school in august.  She knew atleast 4 months in advance where and when she was planning on departing, but still chose not to disclose this information to anybody within the church until the week she was leaving, which was leaving some ppl a lil upset.   

With that said, she appointed one of our fellow members to be the new Praise Team leader.  I don't have a problem with that.  She's only 15, but has a great spirit, and is on fire for God.  However, the M.O.M (which happens to be my father) did not like the idea of my sister appointing this person as the new Praise Team leader.   I believe one reason has to be the experience factor, along with the age factor.    My father (the M.O.M.) didn't think she was mature enough to be able to lead the Praise Team. 

With my sister being the way she is, basically ignored that fact, i guess feeling that she's more musically and maybe spiritually equipped than some of the other members. With me trying to do my college thing.......i didn't think i would be able to take all of that responsibility, which is one of the main reasons i passed it up.   Her instructions was that she wanted me to "train" the newly appointed PT leader on how to be a PT leader(still don't fully understand how to go about doing that.  just because you know something well, doesn't necessarily mean you can effectively teach well also).  The plan was to equip the new PT leader to fully take on ALL the responsibilities that come with being a PT leader (choosing songs, conducting rehearsals, seeking new songs, upholding attence policy, etc.)......as if I wasn't there.  What i'm confused about is WHY DIDN'T SHE TAKE THE TIME TO DO ALL THIS B4 SHE LEFT??

In comes the M.O.M., who originally was against this whole idea, urging me to be the co-leader, suggesting that I take over most of the responsibilities, especially with choosing the songs to be sung on Sundays, and choosing new songs that will be taught (which is the exact opposite of what my sister wanted.)   I guess i can understand where he's coming from.....only because of the fact that the new leader is only 15, never really been a leader of this magnitude, and the maturity thing.  But on the other hand, i'm thinking maybe God's hand is in all of this, and it's part of his plan. 

ALL DIS CONFUSION!

Has anybody ever ran into a situation like this??  I just don't know sometimes.  I'm praying for patiences and guidance.....can somebody pray for me also?

God Bless,
J.
The only place where "success" comes before "work" is in the dictionary

Offline momuzik

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: ALL THIS CONFUSION IN THE CHURCH
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 06:48:43 AM »
I'm a little confused. The way I understand it, the M.O.M. should appoint the praise team leader, not the previous PT leader. The M.O.M. should be over the praise and worship and all things pertaining to it such as music, songs, the other musicians, singers, song list, etc... In other words, the M.O.M should have the last and final say concerning the things previously mentioned (except for the pastor).
Even if the M.O.M. appoints someone over different areas, they should all be accountable to the M.O.M.

If this is how it is, there might be a little less confusion.
Pages: [1]   Go Up