LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I got a question????  (Read 758 times)

Offline kennygee30

• LGM Member

I got a question????
« on: October 01, 2007, 12:22:08 PM »
Ok here it goes, you been playing music for a while and you want to start composing your own music, as we all know as fellow musicians whatever you compose is coming from your heart, so this is my question.  How do you find your own style and not sound like just another composer or musician? I know we all have our own artists we want to emulate and as the bible says there is nothing new under the sun so how do you keep from falling into the sindrome of soundind just like another choir or band???

like for ex: I wrote a song and by the time I was done with it, the song sounded just like a song I heard on the radio I mean it was my first time hearing the song (on the radio that is) but it had some of the same chord progressions that i used...

so again how can you find that path that sets you apart from the kirk franklins and hez walkers and james halls of the music industry..so you can carve your own nitch..

thanks in advance for your support and answers...
Be Strong In The Lord and The Power of His Might....Be Blessed....

Offline cas10a

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: I got a question????
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 02:18:49 PM »
I think you will always fall into some of the same progressions as another song, just try to stay original.  As a musician you will tend to write probably similar to the other artist you normally listen too, but if you are being original and writing from the heart there will be noticeable differences in what you write...IMHO, Just my .02 cents...God Bless!!

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: I got a question????
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 05:01:37 PM »
*topics merged*

and ditto.
Pages: [1]   Go Up