LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pray for me, these people have lost there minds!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1971 times)

joshuag

Pray for me, these people have lost there minds!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: October 02, 2007, 10:18:23 AM »
Well let me start off with the Praise and worship team. The lead person is moving out of town and now i am dealing with a hard headed person for a singer. (not trying to be negitive but they are) I suggested that we sit down and find a key that is comfortable for her to sing and she told me that the sing picks the key and i just follow her. Becuase sometimes she may need to sing a song low because of her voice. Second i said well you need to let me know what songs you are going to sing before sunday, she tells me that is not how she works, sometimes she wont know until she is up there singing...  :-\ :-\ Mind you i am a new organist and i tell them this all the time. For me I need time to practice a song, then at the same time they cant jump up and sing in just any key they feel like it without letting me know ahead of time.... Lord I need help

Is there something wrong with order... and not sounding bad???

To top it all off i am told that i am trying to take over as leader of the priase and worship team. That i just looked at as craziness... I dont want to lead i just want order.... and respect as a organist... any advice or prayers is great at the moment. thank you LGM

Offline docjohn

• LGM Member

Re: Pray for me, these people have lost there minds!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 03:30:18 PM »
been there,done that bro!sounds like you need for some prayer for these other's attitude itis" lots of prayer,maybe speak with the pastor,just stay in order.when it's all said and done,we all stand alone before JESUS.hope you hear "good and faithful servant" ,will be lifting you up! be blessed

Offline Lildrummaboy66

• LGM Member
  • F L O R I D A G A T O R S

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 12:29:21 PM »
i understand what you are going thru, mind you i am a drummer so everything is my fault(when the singers mess up.), but i am a former
horn player, so i have had many years of training compared to the assumption of most choir members that because they have  sang all of their life they are always right( and with no formal training mind you.) and the musicians are always wrong. but thanks be to God because calls us to do things in an orderly manner He weeded out those who had the mindset i just spoke of, along with alot of prayer.

trust God and he will do the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love

joshuag

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 02:19:45 PM »
thank you
Pages: [1]   Go Up