LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Got rid of the DDrum...gotta a real kit now!!! Pics inside!!!  (Read 10995 times)

IICOII

Re: Got rid of the DDrum...gotta a real kit now!!! Pics inside!!!
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2007, 09:39:20 AM »
That's a hot kit, Sheen.

Most important of all, you can actually play very well.

That comment makes me think about the dudes who come to the court with the extra clean kicks, their tank look's brand spanking new & so do their shorts. They look like a million bucks, and play like fifteen cents.

Offline Keys410

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • A perfect man I am not, but I strive to be!

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2007, 09:46:04 AM »
Ddrums quality and attention to detail is on a level that almost no other company is on.... :-\ I have also noticed that they don't have a slogan that is recognizable like Pearl, DW, etc...

So lets help them come up with one!  I'll start!

Ddrum: For the serious trumpet player.

or...

Ddrum: When Mapex is just too good for you.

This is a crusade that is near and dear to me.  Lets be good drummers and help them out.  ;D

LOL...I mean they can't be that bad mane...I looked at the line up and they look like they have some decent artist.
I'm destined for greatness!!!

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2007, 09:49:17 AM »
That's a hot kit, Sheen.

That comment makes me think about the dudes who come to the court with the extra clean kicks, their tank look's brand spanking new & so do their shorts. They look like a million bucks, and play like fifteen cents.

LOL!!!  Thanks Div!  Thats true homie!  LOL!

or...

Ddrum:  When you want to lose the track.   ;D  Unberella ella ella   :D

or...

Ddrum:  When you want grade "A" fire wood.   :D

Offline Keys410

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2007, 09:55:30 AM »
Ddrum:  When you want to lose the track.   ;D  Unberella ella ella   :D

or...

Ddrum:  When you want grade "A" fire wood.   :D

That first one was harsh but.... :D :D :D :D :D

Offline tko05

• LGM Member

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2007, 10:02:54 AM »
WOW!!!!! I love it!!! I'm working on getting a new kit soon, and I think know which company I'm going to! What made you go with the beech kit instead of the maple or birch? Just curious...
“If Better Is Possible, Good Is No Longer An Option.

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2007, 10:25:34 AM »
Ddrums quality and attention to detail is on a level that almost no other company is on.... :-\ I have also noticed that they don't have a slogan that is recognizable like Pearl, DW, etc...

So lets help them come up with one!  I'll start!

or...

This is a crusade that is near and dear to me.  Lets be good drummers and help them out.  ;D
LOL!!! You're killin' me! 

Congrats, Sheen!

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2007, 10:34:35 AM »
WOW!!!!! I love it!!! I'm working on getting a new kit soon, and I think know which company I'm going to! What made you go with the beech kit instead of the maple or birch? Just curious...

I've had mapel and birch kits before...just trying to be different!  They all sound good to me fam

Offline Vangie D

• LGM Member
  • zawmar drumsticks 'play.minister.groove.'
    • www.youtube.com/user/vangied

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2007, 10:57:45 AM »
BOOOYYY! Thats a real nice kit and a nice set up to. its all about Yamaha!  ;D

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2007, 11:01:27 AM »
BOOOYYY! Thats a real nice kit and a nice set up to. its all about Yamaha!  ;D

Thanks!  Where you been?  Long time no hear!

Offline Keys410

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2007, 11:19:54 AM »
Thanks!  Where you been?  Long time no hear!

New pics in the avatar already...lol

Offline juSe

• LGM Member
  • Call me juSe Wayne

« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2007, 11:27:10 AM »
New pics in the avatar already...lol

That's whay you do when you're excited about your new toys.  Ask Div about the pix of his lil fluffies.  ::) ;D
You Are Your Only Limitation!!

Offline Keys410

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2007, 11:39:59 AM »
That's whay you do when you're excited about your new toys.  Ask Div about the pix of his lil fluffies.  ::) ;D

Guess I need to go buy some new toys..Still enjoying my DW practice pad..lol

Offline sugabear

• LGM Member
  • Wolfgang, if you don't know...find out! Seriously!

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2007, 12:57:04 PM »
*breaks out in a praise song*

Victory is mine....Victory is mine...Victory today....

That's what I'm talking about Sheen. You just built up my anxiety to get this kit. I'm not rich so I've been doing the saving up thang. Congratulations on the kit. I know you're doing all kinds of justice on this set. ;)
My goal as a musician is to be better than myself.
check out my site www.tampogo.com/alsmith!!!

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Marvin McQuitty jr. (Thank You)

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2007, 01:33:45 PM »
...Sheen, the kit is beautiful.  The wood config. (Beech) is great.  What is shockin' to me is that you're rockin' the Traditional 4 piece set up.  You're going to have fun with it man. 8)

Remo Clear Emperors with Ambassador Resos. will do that kit just fine.  You may have to use a lil' tape like jhaynes and Chris Coleman but you'll be good.  An EMAD on the kick will be just fine as well.  Are you going to get a 16" Floor tom in the future?  You should. ;)

....okay, I am sooooo happy for you right now cause you got the friggin' nastiest 13" snare on earth.....Akira Jimbo Sign.  I love that snare and my Co Pastor loves it as well. LOL  Ask j_kay about that.

Dude, you're going to make that kit sound like every penny it's worth.  I pray that the Lord keeps on blessing you, your talent and that many lives can be touched through your playing and new instrument.  You have my blessing man.  God Bless.

Sidenote:  juSe, the Elvin Snare is the truth.  Congrats. to you Yammy Cats.  Keep on drumming....
Psalms 144.1 - "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard
    • http://www.myspace.com/phatcurtisbernard

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2007, 01:49:12 PM »
Yeah ddrum sucks! And the thing is they seem to be snatching up all the hood rats who cant seem to get real endorsement deals with the larger companies....I compare ddrum to a used car lot, at first it looks and drives awesome until you've driven it for awhile and then start to see and find all the flaws!!! Good choice on the kit, I once owned two Yamaha kits and loved them. I love my Mapex stuff and thats whats nice for me...Id say to everyone find whats right for you, dont let us in here tell you what to buy..If you see a Mapex, Yamaha,Pearl, Sonar, ddrum,Tama, CB 700, Sunn, Pro Cussion  kit and fall in love with it then buy it! Just if you buy the CB 700, Sunn, Pro Cussion, keep it on the down low in here cause you gon get blasted up in herrr, and my me first!!!!  ;D
Mapex Drums, Grant Custom Basses, Carparelli Basses, Istanbul Cymbals,!

Offline Keys410

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2007, 01:57:52 PM »
Yeah ddrum sucks! And the thing is they seem to be snatching up all the hood rats who cant seem to get real endorsement deals with the larger companies....I compare ddrum to a used car lot, at first it looks and drives awesome until you've driven it for awhile and then start to see and find all the flaws!!! Good choice on the kit, I once owned two Yamaha kits and loved them. I love my Mapex stuff and thats whats nice for me...Id say to everyone find whats right for you, dont let us in here tell you what to buy..If you see a Mapex, Yamaha,Pearl, Sonar, ddrum,Tama, CB 700, Sunn, Pro Cussion  kit and fall in love with it then buy it! Just if you buy the CB 700, Sunn, Pro Cussion, keep it on the down low in here cause you gon get blasted up in herrr, and my me first!!!!  ;D

This is why I love you guys so much...LOL :D

Offline lockslie1

• LGM Member
  • Skyline!!!
    • PTS MUSIC COMPANY

« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2007, 02:05:26 PM »

I don't see any reason to keep my Sunn kit on the down low!!! It holds all my gigs down!!..

Beautiful Kit.... Sheen. I'm planning on catching Skybus($10 airline tickets) to the Mil sometime in the near future to link up with Waymon. Hopefully, We can link up and I can learn a chop or five!

God Bless

Offline freddyfusion

• LGM Member

« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2007, 05:08:56 PM »
 :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
LIVE FROM HEAVEN- Eph. 2:6
play where you wanna be

Offline waydrummer

• LGM Member

« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2007, 05:19:08 PM »

Yeah BBD, DDrum sucks!  DDrum..........when you want to showcase your worst chops!!!

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2007, 05:26:01 PM »
That's a hot kit, Sheen.

That's exactly what I said! 

Regarding this quote:

That's something to think about, and another topic. 
~ This thread is beyond hijacked - it's been kidnapped... ~
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up