LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: God Is Faithful!  (Read 260 times)

Offline JustBecause

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Me & My kids :)

God Is Faithful!
« on: October 12, 2007, 07:15:28 AM »
Friday, October 12, 2007

God Is Faithful!
Rev. James C. Matthews

What if some did not have faith?  Will their lack of faith nullify God's faithfulness? Not at all!  Romans 3:3-4a (NIV)

As we grow in our walk with God we must overcome the temptation to view God like we view others. In our experience with people, we have learned that people are fluctuating, moody and unreliable.  Because of these experiences, it has made it exceedingly difficult for us to place absolute confidence and trust in anyone or anything.  However, we learn to trust God completely!  This is the essence of true peace - a fixed and stayed mind focused on God's faithfulness.  The Bible declares that God, "will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Him, because they trust in Him (Isaiah 26:3). When you are able to rest in God's Word and His sovereignty, you are in a secure place. 

However, we must learn how to hold onto our peace and confidence in God's protective presence, provision and purpose in our lives.  As a Believer, this is part of the transformation of our minds that Paul refers to in Romans 12:2 - learning to live by faith and not by facts.  Many people live their lives based on the facts and therefore leave little or no room for faith to become operative in their life.  Facts are often the precursor of fear.  The enemy will use facts to steal your peace and take your focus off of God's faithfulness. Facts will always tell you what your limitations are, while faith will always point you to God's limitlessness. 

Finally, we must embrace and receive the reality that God does not deal with us according to our faithfulness toward Him- but our faith in Him.  God's faithfulness should cause you to strive to be faithful to Him.  Even if you have not been faithful to God, He has promised to never leave or forsake you!  This is one (of many) reason why He is worthy of all our praise and worship.  God's faithfulness is our guarantee that when we turn to Him in our time of need that He is always there.  Whether it is a need, sin or a difficult situation you are dealing with God is faithful to see you through it.  God is neither intimidated nor impotent.  God knows the only way you will experience the fullness that He's planned for you is for you to rest in His faithfulness.  Regardless of how great the obstacle - God's faithfulness is greater! 

Great is thy faithfulness, Oh God my Father There is no shadow of turning with thee Thou changest not, Thy compassions they fail not As thou hast been Thou forever will be!

Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided; Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me.
1 - Father
1 - Son
1 - Holy Spirit
Recipe for Greatness...
Pages: [1]   Go Up