LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mychal Bell of 'Jena 6"...........  (Read 454 times)

Offline rayjohnson83

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://www.facebook.com/rayjohnson83

Mychal Bell of 'Jena 6"...........
« on: October 12, 2007, 07:42:50 AM »

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

Re: Mychal Bell of 'Jena 6"...........
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 07:59:10 AM »
What REALLY doesn't make sense is the lead-in that CNN gave this story this morning... before they went to commercial break, they said something about "And when we come back, we'll tell you why one teen from the group known as the 'Jena Six' is back in jail just two weeks after his release for violating his probation...." 

They made it look like he had violated his probation within the last two weeks...

Stuff like this really makes it hard not to be bitter.  For real.  This is just vengeful and hateful.  It's a witch hunt, and it's ridiculous.
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 08:00:19 AM »
What REALLY doesn't make sense is the lead-in that CNN gave this story this morning... before they went to commercial break, they said something about "And when we come back, we'll tell you why one teen from the group known as the 'Jena Six' is back in jail just two weeks after his release for violating his probation...." 

They made it look like he had violated his probation within the last two weeks...

Stuff like this really makes it hard not to be bitter.  For real.  This is just vengeful and hateful.  It's a witch hunt, and it's ridiculous.

Sad thing is, this post says it all, but we'll end up with 30 pages. ::) :-\
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 08:03:24 AM »
Sad thing is, this post says it all, but we'll end up with 30 pages. ::) :-\

Naw, this one won't get 30 pages... probably not even 3.  :-\

People just don't care about stuff until it knocks on their door.  Not saying I blame 'em, it just is what it is.  :-\
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 08:07:20 AM »
Naw, this one won't get 30 pages... probably not even 3.  :-\

People just don't care about stuff until it knocks on their door.  Not saying I blame 'em, it just is what it is.  :-\

So is this situation. This doesn't need 30 pages.

Honestly, I'm NOT surprised by this at all. You had to know that the folks in charge in La. weren't going to stand for lettin' a ninja ( ;) ) get off that easily. :-\

Like you said, it's hateful and vengeful. Like most ignorant people of the world, sadly. :-\

Thing of it is, are folks gonna rally again and DO something about it?
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 08:22:07 AM »
So is this situation. This doesn't need 30 pages.

Honestly, I'm NOT surprised by this at all. You had to know that the folks in charge in La. weren't going to stand for lettin' a ninja ( ;) ) get off that easily. :-\

Like you said, it's hateful and vengeful. Like most ignorant people of the world, sadly. :-\

Thing of it is, are folks gonna rally again and DO something about it?

Honestly, I'm not sure much can be done.  From what I can tell, the boy did violate his probation, so the judge is within his reasonable right to put Mychal in juvenile.  I mean, clearly, it's vengeful.  And probably calculated.  I can't say I'm surprised either.  Just frustrated.

I can speak for myself: I personally wouldn't rally over this one.  He was on probation; he had a fight; that was a violation of his probation.   :-\

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 08:24:33 AM »
Honestly, I'm not sure much can be done.  From what I can tell, the boy did violate his probation, so the judge is within his reasonable right to put Mychal in juvenile.  I mean, clearly, it's vengeful.  And probably calculated.  I can't say I'm surprised either.  Just frustrated.

I can speak for myself: I personally wouldn't rally over this one.  He was on probation; he had a fight; that was a violation of his probation.   :-\

All of that is true. I just wonder what kind of mess they're going to throw at him while he's in prison. :-\

Offline mr.dj

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Coko and Mae

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 08:52:44 AM »

I can speak for myself: I personally wouldn't rally over this one.  He was on probation; he had a fight; that was a violation of his probation.   :-\

This would not be a problem for me if the other parties involed had been charged also.  I don't care if he violated his probation, if it hada been me and I seen a gun, I would have beat the brakes off the kid too.
"Even when you're justified, be dignified."  Cornel West

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 08:53:54 AM »
This would not be a problem for me if the other parties involed had been charged also.  I don't care if he violated his probation, if it hada been me and I seen a gun, I would have beat the brakes off the kid too.

Then, you have no problem with his going back to jail.  ;)

Offline mr.dj

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Coko and Mae

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2007, 08:58:58 AM »

Then, you have no problem with his going back to jail.  ;)

I do have a problem with it because of his situation. 
"Even when you're justified, be dignified."  Cornel West

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2007, 09:09:11 AM »
I do have a problem with it because of his situation. 

You can't have it both ways. He was on probation, he violated the probation, according to the law, he goes to jail.

No matter the situation. Now, I can understand where you're coming from, I'm just more reserved about it. I would have done enough to make sure ol' boy couldn't shoot me and be done with it.

Why?

Because we're in La., and they DON'T like Black people. Period.

It is what it is. Sadly. :-\
Pages: [1]   Go Up