LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help with the Children church Choir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 991 times)

Offline Ladi Soldier

• LGM Member
  • Let Go and Let God

Need help with the Children church Choir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: October 11, 2007, 10:23:58 PM »
I am 17 yrs. old and am utterly unprepared for my job. I have been appointed to be the Children church choir director and have no idea what i am doing. I need all the tips i can get; the kids are from ages 3 to 15. We live in Port Charlotte, Florida and there are not many people who are skilled in this area, so any tips you can give me will be great.
                                                                                              God Bless you
                                                                                                                   ;D
God Bless

Offline chevonee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Back and better than ever!
    • God's Glory

Re: Need help with the Children church Choir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 04:31:09 AM »
I am 17 yrs. old and am utterly unprepared for my job. I have been appointed to be the Children church choir director and have no idea what i am doing. I need all the tips i can get; the kids are from ages 3 to 15. We live in Port Charlotte, Florida and there are not many people who are skilled in this area, so any tips you can give me will be great.
                                                                                              God Bless you
                                                                                                                   ;D
Do you need songs? Do you need help dividing the chior into groups- sopranos, altos, and tenors?  Could you please specify exactly what type of help you need? We will be able to help you easier if we know exactly what you need. Thanks
Strike while the iron is hot!

Offline Ladi Soldier

• LGM Member
  • Let Go and Let God

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 11:37:16 PM »
Oh i'm sorry, i really do need help dividing the choir into groups- sopranos, altos, and tenors, especially because they are young kids and they don't really know how to keep the harmony pieces steady. So if you could give me advice on how to do this and what types of songs should i be looking for, i would be a little less worried about how i will do!! ;D ;)
God Bless

lilj332

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 06:07:26 PM »
i acutally find it harder to work with kids that young......3? no! lol the youngest is 6 or 7  in my yc.

find out how high the kids can go...then how low....and then put them in the group that they belong in........then try a simple song. let each group sing it seperately, then put them all together.

the 3 p's:
prayer, patience , practice
Pages: [1]   Go Up