LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Faith Works by Love  (Read 283 times)

Offline JustBecause

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Me & My kids :)

Faith Works by Love
« on: October 17, 2007, 03:44:57 PM »
Faith Works by Love
Bishop Keith Butler

For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision avails anything, nor uncircumcision; but faith which works by love. Galatians 5:6 (KJV)

As born again believers, we have to confront fear or it will become our terror and oppress us.

Now, the Scripture says that oppression and terror will be far from us, and that they won't even come near us. But how is that possible? Well, it's possible when we do not allow ourselves to function in fear. Fear is what allows terror and oppression to come to you. And overcoming fear is what drives them far from you.

Many, many years ago, I had a parishioner who was afraid to drive. Well, not only did I pray for him, but I also took him driving at five o'clock in the morning. He started driving and we went on the expressway. Now, of course, there wasn't a lot of traffic then, but the point was overcoming that fear. Now on the expressway he was terrified, but I told him to say, "No weapon formed against me shall prosper. I will not fear. God is on my side." Well, he started speaking the Word and after driving for a week, God delivered him from that fear.

You see, the thought of driving terrified and oppressed him. It also stopped him from doing what he should have been doing for his family.

Listen, fear leads to terror. Terror is the planned, organized use of fear to render its victim helpless to oppression. That's why we cannot afford to have our lives run by any aspect of fear; it will lead to terror, oppression, and then bondage.

Now Isaiah 54:17 tells us how to handle fear. It says, "You shall condemn." In other words, you have to open your mouth and speak to fear. You have to condemn it; you have to speak the Word over it and it has to go.

Then, the verse continues by saying, "for this is your heritage, your righteousness is of me, saith the Lord." You are sons and daughters of the Lord and you have a right to condemn anything that comes up against you.

So don't be dismayed about anything you have to face today. God is telling you to fear not. He is with you every step of the way. When you decide not to fear, you release God to move on your behalf. God's anointing is on you, in you, and it will produce victory in your life.

Scripture References: Isaiah 54:14-17; Hebrews 13:5: Matthew 28:20b
1 - Father
1 - Son
1 - Holy Spirit
Recipe for Greatness...

Offline SisterCM

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: Faith Works by Love
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 03:53:41 PM »
Good Food!

And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;  Colossians 3:23
Pages: [1]   Go Up