LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WOW!!!!!!!! CHECK THIS OUT FOR REAL!!!!!!!  (Read 1661 times)

Offline MENDOZA

• LGM Member
  • Some of the best playing that I've ever heard!
    • www.myspace.com/juancarlosmendoza

WOW!!!!!!!! CHECK THIS OUT FOR REAL!!!!!!!
« on: November 01, 2007, 12:46:35 PM »
Hey LGM!!!!

I don't get too excited about much, but OMG check out the new DVD that Steve Smith is putting out!!!!  It's sounds interesting!!!  By the way it's not the brushes one, it's a follow up to the U.S. Music!!!!! 

http://hudsonmusic.com/features/drum_legacy_sneak.html

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Marvin McQuitty jr. (Thank You)

Re: WOW!!!!!!!! CHECK THIS OUT FOR REAL!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 12:59:13 PM »
...myspace is banned at the work site but I'll check it when I get home.  You already know I love Mr. Smith's playing.  A living legend.  Thanks for the find dude. 8)
Psalms 144.1 - "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

Offline LDN-DRUMMA

• LGM Member
  • London Town

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 01:38:11 PM »
cant wait. im also exited about keith carlocks dvd comming out thats gonna be sikkkkk  ;D

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 01:57:44 PM »
cant wait. im also exited about keith carlocks dvd comming out thats gonna be sikkkkk  ;D

....WHAT!!!???  WHEN??? WHERE???
Psalms 144.1 - "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

Offline LDN-DRUMMA

• LGM Member
  • London Town

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 02:30:28 PM »
"His legions of fans will be delighted to hear that also on the horizon is an education DVD with Hudson Music."

quote taken from bottom of page

http://www.mikedolbear.co.uk/story.asp?StoryID=1389

again i relpy cant wait   ;D ;D ;D

Offline yamahaboy

• LGM Member
  • I Love Jewels!!

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 03:01:16 PM »
Hey LDN how do those Dreams sound!? I heard they favored the Old K Zildjian Cymbals a little! ::) :) The have a good price point though!
Richard

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 05:30:00 PM »
It's a must have. 
~ This thread is beyond hijacked - it's been kidnapped... ~

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2007, 10:21:17 PM »
...STEVE, STEVE, STEVE!!!!

...I have to own this.  Wow!!  I don't get tired of seeing this Jedi play.  I love how he moves effortlessly around the kit.  Thanks for the share MENDOZA. 8)

Offline juSe

• LGM Member
  • Call me juSe Wayne

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2007, 10:24:34 PM »
I actually saw the precurser to this coming in his interview wih Thomas Lang on the MD fest 06 dvd.  I am almost certain that was the brain-child for this.  I am super hyped to see it.  This is for anyone looking to get into the different styles of "jazz" drumming.  Not to mention that John Riley is the guy asking the questions.  It is curtains!!

Amazing find!
You Are Your Only Limitation!!

Offline LDN-DRUMMA

• LGM Member
  • London Town

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2007, 07:31:20 AM »
Hey LDN how do those Dreams sound!? I heard they favored the Old K Zildjian Cymbals a little! ::) :) The have a good price point though!

the best way to describe them is unique, i love the 20inch bliss crash ride it sounds like the sabian artisan ride which ron bruner used on md fest. and for the price i cant complian also the hi hats are an aquired taste, i love them. in all best value for money especially when i payed £60 ($120) for a b20 ride they cant be beat

Offline MENDOZA

• LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2007, 09:12:45 AM »
So I finally checked out the preview for the video last night and man it's a MUST for me.  I don't know about everyone else on LGM, but this DVD is going to be soooooo informative of the different styles of the great Jazz drummers.  What makes it even more appealing to me is that John Riley is interviewing Steve.  For those who don't know who John Riley is, man do some research on this guy.  The cat is an amazing drummer/musician.  His books are out of control too!!!! It's like Chapin's book on drugs.  It's really out there especially Beyond Bop drumming WOW!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o.  Trust me you want to take your playing to the next level, go through that book and really explore the world of jazz!!!  Take care and God Bless.

Carlito

p.s. I have to get Keith's DVD too!!!! Man, it's going to be a nice X-mas LOL!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2007, 09:23:34 AM »
So I finally checked out the preview for the video last night and man it's a MUST for me.  I don't know about everyone else on LGM, but this DVD is going to be soooooo informative of the different styles of the great Jazz drummers.  What makes it even more appealing to me is that John Riley is interviewing Steve.  For those who don't know who John Riley is, man do some research on this guy.  The cat is an amazing drummer/musician.  His books are out of control too!!!! It's like Chapin's book on drugs.  It's really out there especially Beyond Bop drumming WOW!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o.  Trust me you want to take your playing to the next level, go through that book and really explore the world of jazz!!!  Take care and God Bless.

Carlito

p.s. I have to get Keith's DVD too!!!! Man, it's going to be a nice X-mas  LOL!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D

...So let me get something straight...the Legacy Band's whole M.D. Performance will be on this DVD, right? 

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2007, 10:46:37 AM »
No, it will be an audio CD, taken from performances during a recent west coast tour.   You gotta get the MD 2002 DVD for that, lol!   ;D

Offline MENDOZA

• LGM Member

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2007, 01:38:03 PM »
It's going to be tight!!!!!!!!  Man, I can't wait for it!!!  Sooo much knowledge soooo little time!!!!!!  LOL!!!

Carlito

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2007, 03:04:23 PM »
No, it will be an audio CD, taken from performances during a recent west coast tour.   You gotta get the MD 2002 DVD for that, lol!   ;D

Pages: [1]   Go Up