LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: May I have your attention.................  (Read 12057 times)

Offline teresac

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: May I have your attention.................
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2008, 10:28:16 PM »
Quieter,

You're welcome.

Offline teresac

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2008, 10:13:02 PM »
 :D The Deacon sung "Word of God" tonight.  Some of the lyrics he sung are

Deacon: I may have to moan sometime
Congregation: In the word of God
Deacon: I have to moan sometime
Congregation: In the word of God
Deacon: I have to moan sometime
Congreagation: In the word of God
ALL: But I have a place in the word of God.

Offline CReneeW

• LGM Member

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2008, 12:00:43 AM »
I am young but I like those traditional songs and hymnals. I grew up in churches that sung those songs. A couple of weeks ago I had this song in my head. I knew i heard that song before. It was "Lord keep me day by day" by the Caravans.
I need to learn more traditional songs.

Offline teresac

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2008, 10:00:55 PM »
CreneeW,

Welcome to LGM.  I once was young but now I am older.  We still have young people in our church, growing up still singing these songs.  ;)

Offline Quieter

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2008, 08:53:51 AM »
I'm with you SisterCm, I check this site often and no one appears to be interested.  Traditional takes me back.  Does anyone know the lyrics to this song with a line or title, "The little old church by the railroad".
Thanks!
I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.  Psalm 34:4

Offline teresac

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2008, 11:14:21 PM »
Hi Quieter,

I'm not familiar with this song.  I did a search and came up with "Little Old Church By the Road"  Maybe another LGM member will be able to help.

Offline seemunny

• LGM Member

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2008, 02:08:57 AM »
This is my kind of music; I guess I’m stuck back in time! :D :D

No wonder you look so young on that pic! 8)
It's alllll startin to make sense now!

Offline SisterCM

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2008, 08:15:35 AM »
No wonder you look so young on that pic! 8)
It's alllll startin to make sense now!

:D :D :D :D
And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;  Colossians 3:23

Offline Aundre

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2008, 10:08:24 PM »
The traditional songs are always a blessing to hear. They remind me of growing up in my Baptist church in Houston. I believe that it has more feeling in the music and the voicing of singers. It also depends on how you were raised in the church.Some songs always hit deep in the soul. When newer groups sing those old hymns they are still great. With music in mind, If we don't know where we have been, then we don't know where we are going.

Offline Quieter

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2008, 06:28:54 PM »
  :) SisterCM, When ever I come on the site, this is the first place I click.  Some years ago, I ordered a pianist hymnal and received Vol 1 & 2.  This was the greatest investment.  It has over 500 hymns/traditional songs.  If you're looking for a traditional song, there is a great chance its in the book.  Be blessed!
I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.  Psalm 34:4

Offline teresac

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2008, 08:38:44 PM »
  :) SisterCM, When ever I come on the site, this is the first place I click.  Some years ago, I ordered a pianist hymnal and received Vol 1 & 2.  This was the greatest investment.  It has over 500 hymns/traditional songs.  If you're looking for a traditional song, there is a great chance its in the book.  Be blessed!

Quieter,

I went looking in my collections of music books.  I have Great Gospel Hymns the accompanists edition.  It has 150 hymns.  What is the name of your pianist hymnal?

Offline SisterCM

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2008, 08:33:38 AM »
Quieter,

I went looking in my collections of music books.  I have Great Gospel Hymns the accompanists edition.  It has 150 hymns.  What is the name of your pianist hymnal?

yes, I would like to know the names of the hymnals  both of you have and where I can buy a copy. :)
And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;  Colossians 3:23

Offline Quieter

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2008, 06:57:12 PM »
It is the African American Heritage Hymnal/Keyboard Accompaniment Vol 1 & 2.  I ordered it on-line.  I'll check where I got, its been a while.  Will let you know.  Be Blessed!

Offline betnich

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2008, 09:11:27 PM »
I have the basic African American Heritage Hymnal and it has quite a few keyboard arrangements.
The Acc. edition has more?

Offline teresac

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2008, 11:06:59 PM »
Quieter,

Thanks, I found the African American Heritage Hymnal/Keyboard Accompaniment at Amazon.  It cost $50. 

betnich,

I already have the basic version.  The advantage of using the Accompaniment version over the basic is first of all it is spiral bound for easy reading. But the most important reason is that the arrangements are for keyboard whereas in the basic hymnal the arrangements are SATB.

If I had known that there was an accompaniment version, I would have purchased the accompaniment version instead of the basic version.  So tonight, I just had to order the Accompaniment version of the African American Heritage.

SisterCM,

The name of my book is "Great Gospel Hymns, the Accompanists Edition" .  I don't remember where I got it.  I did see the basic version at Amazon.  Buy the African American Heritage accompaniment edition, then you don't need to buy "Great Gospel Hymns".

Offline betnich

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2008, 11:08:56 AM »
Quieter,
Thanks, I found the African American Heritage Hymnal/Keyboard Accompaniment at Amazon.  It cost $50.
betnich,

I already have the basic version.  The advantage of using the Accompaniment version over the basic is first of all it is spiral bound for easy reading. But the most important reason is that the arrangements are for keyboard whereas in the basic hymnal the arrangements are SATB.
If I had known that there was an accompaniment version, I would have purchased the accompaniment version instead of the basic version.  So tonight, I just had to order the Accompaniment version of the African American Heritage.
SisterCM,
The name of my book is "Great Gospel Hymns, the Accompanists Edition" .  I don't remember where I got it.  I did see the basic version at Amazon.  Buy the African American Heritage accompaniment edition, then you don't need to buy "Great Gospel Hymns".

Thanks for the info - will check out the Accompianists' AAHH on Amazon.
Who is the publisher of "Great Gospel Hymns"?

Offline teresac

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2008, 10:37:34 PM »
Thanks for the info - will check out the Accompianists' AAHH on Amazon.
Who is the publisher of "Great Gospel Hymns"?

The publisher is Lillenas. The isbn is 083-417-0108

Offline teresac

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2008, 10:50:35 PM »
 ;D  I just canceled that order on the AAHH accompanist version.  Diverse379 says all versions are identical just typeset and bound differently.

Offline betnich

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2008, 11:06:52 PM »
Didn't have Great Gospel Hymns Accompianment on Amazon, but found it on Lillenas' site...$19.95

http://www.lillenas.com/nphweb/html/lmol/itempage.jsp?itemId=MB-831A&tid=&catalogId=LMOL&catSecCd=WORSH&subCatSecCd=HYMN&subSubCatSecCd=NA
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up