LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Electronic vs Acoustic  (Read 5479 times)

Offline Spirit_Musiq

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://

Electronic vs Acoustic
« on: September 09, 2004, 10:34:41 AM »
I know nothing about drums....but I'm curious. Are electronic drum kits (i mean the full ones that cost 1000s) of a lesser quality than acoustic kits? Do the sounds on electronic sound as real as the acoustic? Which one is the better option?

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

You know what??
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 11:39:38 AM »
I've never seen a church with eletric drums.
:)

Offline ddw4e

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Just doing what i do! LOL!

Electronic vs Acoustic
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 01:34:54 PM »
I go to this church sometimes that has electric drums....really that sound pretty good through the amp and everything (depending on what amp u using) but nothing is better than the acoustics  :wink:
MERCY EN!!

Electronic vs Acoustic
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004, 04:15:27 PM »
new here, figure this would be a good spot to put in a couple of cents...  :wink:

well what to say! my church does use electric. they sound good, but as far as like using a tamborine or maracas, you have to reach up to change to a totally different sound setup to use it, and even then, its on one of the toms. plus (well it depends on what kind of sound module you use) you can only have a few cymbals. the ones at church have the ride cymbal, then if you crash the ride, its a china. pretty weird stuff...

i still like to play on them nonetheless, but overall, i prefer acoustic because of the sound and the feel of them.

well anyways, theres input from a 15 yr. drummer for the Lord  :D

Electronic vs Acoustic
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2004, 06:08:31 PM »
The acoustics sound a lot better because they have that real sound. electronic drums have a weird sound to it when you hit it hard. plus ona a  acoustic set you can put as many cymbals and drums as you like. 8)  8)

Be Blessed,
                                             cckdl :D  :D

Offline CalKel2

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Electronic vs Acoustic
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2004, 06:36:21 PM »
Definitely, acoustic. With acoustic drums you don't have to worry about pedals creeping away as much as electronic drums. And you have more sounds available at one time on an acoustic set depending on where and how you hit cymabls, drums, hardware etc. Electronic drums are decent enough for home or some studio work, but I'd perfer acoustic just about all the time.

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

Electronic vs Acoustic
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2004, 09:31:31 PM »
Well, I really don't like electronic drums cuz they sound so "fake", it ain't nothing like the real thing. I mean, on regular drums, you can play hard, soft, medium, anything you want.
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline soundsofintegrity

• LGM Member

Electronic vs Acoustic
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2004, 01:21:18 PM »
Well i experienced both, the Roland VS series running from $899-$5400, is a very nice sound it's hard to really tell the difference becuase you can set reverb, etc... Electric drums are really for Studio and Recording purposes vs. acoustic which is good for live performance... Too me the only difference is the feel when playing,   So when recording i prefer the electric drums because once hooked up to midi, you have a awesome sound, but acoustic for live performance will NEVER be 2nd best... :?

Offline soundsofintegrity

• LGM Member

Electronic vs Acoustic
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2004, 01:24:45 PM »
Also to add on... the electric is good to develop your skills if you want to play at home because you can play while others are watching T.V. or going to sleep, So like i sd in the above statement, they are both good but for different reasons, Bottom line: acoustic is made for live, while electronic is made for studio, and of course you can use acoustic for recording purposes too but it's a lot easier recording from electronics, trust me, the listeners will not know the difference...

Electronic vs Acoustic
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2004, 01:56:45 PM »
to have the best of both worlds, try using a trigger system on your drums.

stixinva

electronic
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2004, 04:04:36 PM »
I play electronic for a church.  First, the sound system is key, and ours is awesome.  We have the new Yamaha DTXtreme with an added cymbal (4 total).  The set can be configured for any type percussion instruments known to man.  I use an accoustical setup most of the time, with an adjusted reverb effect.  It's cool.

Offline cckdl

• LGM Member

Electronic vs Acoustic
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2004, 04:40:17 PM »
Acoustics are so much better than electronics because the sound is genuine. Unlike the electronics where they only play the sound you program. :D  :D

be blessed,
                                                          cckdl

Offline Rocker

• LGM Member

Electronic vs Acoustic
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2004, 06:03:09 PM »
I have played both electric and acoustic drums. I like acoustic better because you can get more creative with them. With electric drums you can hit them hard or soft and they will sound the same. With acoustic drums you can hit them in various ways and they will sound different. Acoustic is definitely a better choice, at least for me.

j carter

Electronic vs Acoustic
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2004, 12:43:44 PM »
Since I'm a professional, I like to use acoustic, because some professionals might feel a since of cheating or trying to get props on pre-programmed sounds. So I choose acoustic.

Offline dwdrummer

• LGM Member

Electronic vs Acoustic
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2004, 10:14:42 AM »
Big ups to T-Block! Dood they are the fakest sounding things ive ever heard. I had to play a session with the v-drums (the closest thing to real drums) they where awful they didn't sound real. I will only play real drums and that is what i hope everyone else will stick with. Keep it real !!!(your drums of coarse)

Offline Mattkeys88

• LGM Member

Electronic vs Acoustic
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2004, 11:39:39 PM »
Electronic drums cant match the real thing.  They sound Fake no matter how much money you spend.
Pages: [1]   Go Up