LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Secret to play guitar....my opinion  (Read 2106 times)

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

Secret to play guitar....my opinion
« on: November 06, 2007, 10:58:41 AM »
Even though I'm just a novice on the guitar, I see that the secret to playing is......

developing the strumming hands.  For months, I've more so concentrated on the left hand, for chords but after really watch some guitarist closely, alot of what they do is in the way they strum the guitar.

Uriah has that strumming video in which he show how to get different sounds out of strumming high, low, etc....  This really opened up the way I thought about the guitar.
:)

Offline lilBB

• LGM Member

Re: Secret to play guitar....my opinion
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 11:35:28 AM »
(unrelated)

4hisglory, I sent you a PM..

Offline jlynnb1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 11:58:48 AM »
they are equally important. both hands need to be equally as proficient at what they do respectively. If you ever prefer one over the other you are selling yourself short.

Now if you are really deficient in one ares, obviously you might have to focus on that area.......but when it comes to playing it's importnat for both hands to be as in shape and as trained as possible.

Offline gtrdave

• LGM Member
  • Men always ought to pray and not lose heart.
    • Check out some of my music!

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 04:08:49 PM »
The REAL secret to playing the guitar is...ready for this?...PLAYING the guitar!

Right and left hand technique is equally important and they way you get that technique developed and continuously improved is by playing...and listening...and playing...and listening...repeat, enjoy.
Music theory is not always music reality.

Offline Dredakyst

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 10:16:54 AM »
The REAL secret to playing the guitar is...ready for this?...PLAYING the guitar!

Right and left hand technique is equally important and they way you get that technique developed and continuously improved is by playing...and listening...and playing...and listening...repeat, enjoy.

crap i just want it to happen overnight... I'm blaming Eve...for eating that apple... up until then we didn't have to work for anything....

Offline funkStrat_97

• LGM Member
  • Da' House Rocka' is in Da' House!
    • Facebook

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 11:04:41 AM »
crap i just want it to happen overnight... I'm blaming Eve...for eating that apple... up until then we didn't have to work for anything....

Dude, forget what Dave said.  I have just created my new "instant guitar" forumua (Guitar In A Bottle) and it's guaranteed to work or your money back.  For just $19.95 plus $5.00 S&H, this revolouotinary breakthrough in modern medical science can be use.  As an added bonus, well waive the shipping costs for our first fifty callers.  So order yours today!!!  Call 1 866 SNAKEOIL.  Operators are standing by!!!   Must be 18 or older to order.

www.guitar-in-a-bottle.com
“Don't bother to give God instructions, just report for duty”
- Corrie Ten Boom

Offline gtrdave

• LGM Member
  • Men always ought to pray and not lose heart.
    • Check out some of my music!

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 08:28:59 AM »
Dude, forget what Dave said.  I have just created my new "instant guitar" forumua (Guitar In A Bottle) and it's guaranteed to work or your money back.  For just $19.95 plus $5.00 S&H, this revolouotinary breakthrough in modern medical science can be use.  As an added bonus, well waive the shipping costs for our first fifty callers.  So order yours today!!!  Call 1 866 SNAKEOIL.  Operators are standing by!!!   Must be 18 or older to order.

www.guitar-in-a-bottle.com

Esteban...is that YOU?!?!  :o
Music theory is not always music reality.

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007, 08:45:46 AM »
Esteban...is that YOU?!?!  :o

HAHAHHAHHAAAA.

The funny thing is, I wanted to buy one of those $99 guitars he sells on the shopping network during this time of year. :)
:)

Offline JayP5150

• LGM Member
    • PEEBSound Guitar Effects

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007, 08:51:47 AM »
HAHAHHAHHAAAA.

The funny thing is, I wanted to buy one of those $99 guitars he sells on the shopping network during this time of year. :)

You know, it's an acoustic that you can play hard rock and metal on lol

Offline dingster1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • DINGTHING

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 01:10:04 PM »
Nooooo!!!! ;D

Offline jlynnb1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 03:13:19 PM »
You know, it's an acoustic that you can play hard rock and metal on lol

yepppp, nothing sounds better with distortion than a cheap acoustic guitar.....that you play with frighteningly long fingernails.....while looking like SRV's meth-head older brother.
Pages: [1]   Go Up