LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: You Got To Work This Thing  (Read 234 times)

Offline JustBecause

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Me & My kids :)

You Got To Work This Thing
« on: November 13, 2007, 08:10:19 AM »
You Got To Work This Thing
Pastor Deborah L. Butler

Wherefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God that worketh in you, both to will and to do of his good pleasure.  Philippians 2:12-13 (KJV)

When your body is out of shape, isn't it up to you to work your own body back in shape? Nobody works out for you, right? Well, in the same sense, the Bible tells you to work out your own salvation. Nobody can do it for you. You cannot depend on ministers, your family or friends to do it for you. It is your salvation. You have to work this thing.

You work out your own salvation by working God's word into your life, and by personalizing and making His word real to you. When you do this, God can complete His plans for you, and then you will see success in your life. Not a smidgen of s uccess every now and again, but the everyday success that God has for you.

Now, here's the good news! God is not asking you to work it out all by yourself. But God is, all the while, effectively at work in you, energizing and creating in you the power and desire to do His will. So, while you are working it out, you are giving God control to do His will in your life. There is no excuse for you to not work out your own salvation when God is the source of your strength. Yes, problems may come against you, but if you allow them to keep you from working out your salvation, then those same problems will stop you from doing what God has called you to do. God didn't say to work out your own salvation as long as no one talks about you, bothers you, or hurts you. He said to work it out everyday.

If you need help working out your salvation, go to God. He's the only One who can help you. Give God every area of your life. Don't pick and choose what God can handle! He can handle all your problems. Do it God's way and you will have victory every time.

Scripture References: Hebrews 2:1-3; 13:20-21
1 - Father
1 - Son
1 - Holy Spirit
Recipe for Greatness...
Pages: [1]   Go Up