LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Let Us Speak Forgiveness  (Read 242 times)

Offline JustBecause

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Me & My kids :)

Let Us Speak Forgiveness
« on: November 27, 2007, 08:53:30 AM »
Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Let Us Speak Forgiveness

Rob Galbreath
Lancaster, New York, USA

I assure you that you can say to this mountain, "May God lift you up and throw you into the sea," and your command will be obeyed. All that's required is that you really believe and do not doubt in your heart. Listen to me! You can pray for anything, and if you believe, you will have it. But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too.  Mark 11:23-25 (NLT)

It is amazing how many people know the first two verses in this passage of scripture, and yet so few pay attention to verse 25. We all know we can have the faith to move a mountain. So why don't we? When's the last time we've moved a mountain? I haven't seen anything on the news lately.

As it says. "But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against..." Ouch, that hurts. Does that mean we have to forgive people before we can expect things to move? Yes, it does.

Proverbs 3:34 in the New Living Translation says, "The Lord mocks at mockers, but he shows favour to the humble." Aren't we called to account for everything we do? Then why are we holding grudges against each other?

Many times God has sent the Spirit to help me counsel people via the Internet. I have found on many occasions that individuals expect the person they're arguing with to apologize to them and to forgive them.

If I am expecting a person who has held a grudge against me to forgive me, then there's definitely something wrong. In many cases both sides are expecting an apology from the other. In other words, everyone's waiting for an "I'm sorry" from the other.

We simply must not hold grudges against people! If I think another person has a single grudge against me, then I ask for an apology. If another person hurt you, you apologize. For what? For holding a grudge!

We need to remember to be quick to listen and slow to speak, and not to argue about something that's happened a while ago, but instead to apologize. We need to humble ourselves, so we are not called to account for it.

Lord, humble our hearts. Keep us true and give us the courage to forgive others. Show us anyone against whom we may be holding a grudge. Reveal to us anyone who has been hurt by our words and actions.
1 - Father
1 - Son
1 - Holy Spirit
Recipe for Greatness...

Offline PianoWizard

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • 費思是能力到不恐慌

Re: Let Us Speak Forgiveness
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 08:32:49 AM »
Thanks for sharing once again "JustBecause".....Good Stuff.

PianoWiz...
Pages: [1]   Go Up