LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hammond Organ 101  (Read 3158 times)

Hammond Organ 101
« on: May 27, 2003, 09:26:56 PM »
Hello class! Were going to talk about Hammond Organ in Church!
First off, never drown out the soloist, or choir...you're there to be heard, and not seen, if you catch my drift!   :oops:
Alot of you ask about what are the chords you play then the pastor is talking..well, here's the answer...WHATEVER YOU WANT! As long as it's mellow and soft, soothing to the ear, it's all good! There are no set chords to playing softly...you can take a fast church song and slow it down,  or you can do what I do and make a game of a progression and dont have to be in a key at all:

EX 1.
FP / LH / RH - [ SINGLE NOTES ]

C / CG / EGC
C / CGb / Ebdim7
G / GF / Dm7[ B_A_B ]
C / CG / Am7
C / CBb / BbM7(b5)
F / FC / Am7
Bb / BbF / AbM7(b5) [ F ]
C / CG / Em7
Bb / BbAb / CEG
G / GA / G
Db / DbFB / A
D / DA / GbAD
D / DAb / Fdim7
A / AE / Em7 [ Db_B_Db ]
D / DA / Bm7
D / DC / CM7(b5)

ECT...ECT....

NOW PLAY THAT, SLOWLY AND YOU'LL GET THE HINT, SOUNDS REALLY NICE WITH THE LESLIE GOIN ON AND ALL THAT. :roll:

Offline c_will

• LGM Member
    • http://

Hammond Organ 101
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2003, 07:17:42 PM »
This is nice thanks for your info. I'm new at this so please pray for me.
God + 1 = The Majority

Offline preacher1952

• LGM Member
    • http://

Hammond Organ 101
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2003, 08:25:10 AM »
I am very new at this site and I'm not understanding "progression".  I play by ear and read no music at all.  I've printed out certain songs and other progressions and theory.  Is it possible to get a little assistance in the knowledge of the progression.  I just need to know if it's "runs" or what?  :?

Thanks!

Hello Preacher1952!
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2003, 09:51:04 AM »
Quote from: preacher1952
I am very new at this site and I'm not understanding "progression".  I play by ear and read no music at all.    Is it possible to get a little assistance in the knowledge of the progression.  
Thanks!

A progression  are a series of chords put together to bring you from one chord to another , that's a progression, there are progressions that we use all the time: 2_5_1, 7_3_6...etc....you play them, you just don't know what it called, as of now, you will :wink:  If you can get yourself aquainted with the numbers and how they work  with the notes, you'll see how they form, and relate to each other. there's material all over this site to help you out in this, if you need any assistance, just let me or anybody else here know...we'll help you out! :wink:
Pages: [1]   Go Up