LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Eddie heyward playing "Changed"  (Read 8884 times)

Offline soul_drummer

• LGM Member
  • Jesus, I Love You

Re: Eddie heyward playing "Changed"
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2007, 02:22:25 AM »
i bet you wish i was so i could be your friend and invite me to shed with you..............

dude...why do you care so much what other people think???...just let people have their opinions....we all know where you stand when it comes to this clip. It's cool. Whatever man....GB.
Perfect Practice Makes Perfect

Offline musiqisme26

• LGM Member
  • Yaron MusicCo. Gospels Fresh Sound!

« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2007, 07:15:34 AM »
dude...why do you care so much what other people think???...just let people have their opinions....we all know where you stand when it comes to this clip. It's cool. Whatever man....GB.

you right

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2007, 07:31:27 AM »
Juse, when you can use the word "Blaze" to describe the way a musician played the song "Changed," something is terribly wrong.   :D  

Offline JrDADrumma

• LGM Member

« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2007, 07:50:46 AM »
Juse, when you can use the word "Blaze" to describe the way a musician played the song "Changed," something is terribly wrong.   :D 

LOL!!!!!!! ;D :D
Just play music...

Offline Metronome

• LGM Member

« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2007, 08:40:01 AM »
Juse, when you can use the word "Blaze" to describe the way a musician played the song "Changed," something is terribly wrong.   :D  
LOL toooooo funny but true...........
Keep It Funky

Offline yamahaboy

• LGM Member
  • I Love Jewels!!

« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2007, 09:14:20 AM »
i bet you wish i was so i could be your friend and invite me to shed with you..............

Dude, No! I bet your the dude that sits in the corner with all the other Jock Corner drummers and ohhh and ahhh!!! ;D
Richard

Offline baldeagle

• LGM Member

« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2007, 09:46:07 AM »
Nah it definetly wasnt the camera, Eddies on the cam all the time...

Eddies nice man, hands down and I have no problem admiting that he's one of my favs but maybe it was just a smidgen too much, at least for that type of song. But hey, then again who do you know that hold sheds in 6/8...lol, maybe he just needed to let loose...lol

I don't think it was the camera, either. I noticed his eyes were glued on whoever was directing the music (a sign of band awareness).

It was 9/8. . . and I shed in 9/8, 6/8, 5/4, 5/8. . . What's the point in only shedding in 4/4. Let's get out of the box.

I have to agree with Juse. He only went "wild" when the rest of the band built up the music. Did anyone else notice that he wasn't the only one playing in some of those breaks? But even though he was "blazin" at the build up, his dynamics went right back down when the choir went back to the chorus to end the song. Then at the first ending, he did what a drummer would have done at the end of a song while the other band members held the "this is the end of the song let's see what we're going to do next" chords.

If anything, he did too much at least at the places where he was supposed to do more. I didn't see it as him running away.

P.S. Sheen if you argue with me, I will HUNT YOU DOWN AND GUT YOU LIKE A FISH!!!!!!

Peace be unto you, Dudes.  ;D

It's God's way. . . or Hell to pay

Offline juSe

• LGM Member
  • Call me juSe Wayne

« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2007, 09:51:44 AM »
Juse, when you can use the word "Blaze" to describe the way a musician played the song "Changed," something is terribly wrong.   :D 

Someone didn't pay attention to the quotation marks around the word.  If one will completely disregard everything that was said in that post to key in on ONE word...  Thats pretty chippy if you ask me....

::)  :-\
You Are Your Only Limitation!!

Offline musiqisme26

• LGM Member

« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2007, 10:17:26 AM »
I don't think it was the camera, either. I noticed his eyes were glued on whoever was directing the music (a sign of band awareness).

It was 9/8. . . and I shed in 9/8, 6/8, 5/4, 5/8. . . What's the point in only shedding in 4/4. Let's get out of the box.

I have to agree with Juse. He only went "wild" when the rest of the band built up the music. Did anyone else notice that he wasn't the only one playing in some of those breaks? But even though he was "blazin" at the build up, his dynamics went right back down when the choir went back to the chorus to end the song. Then at the first ending, he did what a drummer would have done at the end of a song while the other band members held the "this is the end of the song let's see what we're going to do next" chords.

If anything, he did too much at least at the places where he was supposed to do more. I didn't see it as him running away.

P.S. Sheen if you argue with me, I will HUNT YOU DOWN AND GUT YOU LIKE A FISH!!!!!!

Peace be unto you, Dudes.  ;D

well put

Offline diligent-hands

• LGM Member
  • NEW SINGLE (60 SECOND PRAYER)

« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2007, 10:34:28 AM »
lol..its like ya'll blaming KOBE for taking 44 shots a game..thats what he does..and guess what when u rank KOBE in the LEAGUE right now where does he stand????  hate him or love it he's on everybody's top...

*SHEEENNNNN COME IN THE HOUSE AND EAT UR CAMBELLS SOUP*...

GodSdRuMmeR

Offline juSe

• LGM Member
  • Call me juSe Wayne

« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2007, 10:37:34 AM »
lol..its like ya'll blaming KOBE for taking 44 shots a game..thats what he does..and guess what when u rank KOBE in the LEAGUE right now where does he stand????  hate him or love it he's on everybody's top...

*SHEEENNNNN COME IN THE HOUSE AND EAT UR CAMBELLS SOUP*...

GodSdRuMmeR

?/?
You Are Your Only Limitation!!

Offline Cherri

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Imperial Majesty! $200,000...

« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2007, 11:11:06 AM »

Yeap! Yeap! As the U.S. President would say, "The Internets!"
What can I $ay Juanita Bynum is my cicerone.

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2007, 11:31:51 AM »
Yeap! Yeap! As the U.S. President would say, "The Internets!"

...and as Miss South Carolina would say, "The Iraq."   ;D
~ This thread is beyond hijacked - it's been kidnapped... ~

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2007, 11:42:51 AM »
Man forget yall!  Im bout to go shed to Richard Smallwood's "Total Praise" for 3 hours!!!  I just feel like blazing right now!  Man Im bout to snap as soon as I reach the half way mark, "Yooouu Arreeeee.....(ratatatatat bobobobobom bishhhh!!!!!!)   :o  :o  :o OOOOhhhhhh man Im bout to buuuuullllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this balad!!!!!   :o :o :o  .....But wait!  I better get another cell phone first, cause once they hear me blaze "Total Praise" Imma get crazy calls to be on everybody's tour!  "Yooooooooooouuuuuuuuuu AAAAAAAAAAArrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeee ....(skapapapapapapapapa docadoodle doodle doodle dishhhhhhhh!)   :o :o :o

Offline musiqisme26

• LGM Member

« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2007, 12:13:34 PM »
Man forget yall!  Im bout to go shed to Richard Smallwood's "Total Praise" for 3 hours!!!  I just feel like blazing right now!  Man Im bout to snap as soon as I reach the half way mark, "Yooouu Arreeeee.....(ratatatatat bobobobobom bishhhh!!!!!!)   :o  :o  :o OOOOhhhhhh man Im bout to buuuuullllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this balad!!!!!   :o :o :o  .....But wait!  I better get another cell phone first, cause once they hear me blaze "Total Praise" Imma get crazy calls to be on everybody's tour!  "Yooooooooooouuuuuuuuuu AAAAAAAAAAArrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeee ....(skapapapapapapapapa docadoodle doodle doodle dishhhhhhhh!)   :o :o :o

can someone charts these for me ;D :D

Offline Cherri

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2007, 12:39:35 PM »
Note the correction in bold:
...and as Miss South Carolina would say, "The Iraq." 

Get out of here! j_kay is this on youtube by chance?

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2007, 01:05:29 PM »

Get out of here! j_kay is this on youtube by chance?

Yes, it is.  Hilarious!!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2007, 01:20:19 PM »

can someone charts these for me ;D :D

Since you've requested it, I can fulfill this request:

First "measure" in 3/8, the rest are in 4/4: (ratatatatat bobobobobom bishhhh!!!!!!), Second measure (the third goes over the bar), fourth measure (the fifth goes over the bar, too), fifth measure and the sixth measure: (skapa/papa/papa/papa/pa/doca/doodle/doodle /doodle/dishhhhhhhh!)   
Counted: 1e 2&3/1234/1/1&2&3&4&/1/1e2e3e4e/1

Legend
bishhhh and dishhhhhhhh are crashes (16" and 18", respectively)
ratatatatat is the snare, so is skapa and papa (14" for a full bodied ratatat sound -when you hit that skapa and papa, those are the accents)
bobobobobom are the floor toms (16" and 18" for the full effect)
doca is the 10" tom
doodle is the 12" tom

Yes, that's the count if you sound it out and write it.  It's a masterpiece, Kev - go ahead and send this to the Library of Congress.  It's near Regan International in D.C.  I'll go with you. 

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2007, 01:22:39 PM »
Correction on the count:

Counted: 1e 2&3/1234/1234 (whole note)/1&2&3&4&/1/1e2e3e4e/1234 (whole note)

Offline Cherri

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2007, 01:36:04 PM »
Yes, it is.  Hilarious!!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

I bet! Report later... Man, Neo-Bush is too funny. The one when he was striving trying to say "territorial." When he finished Joe Ball(ing) that word he thought it was two words.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up