LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eddie heyward playing "Changed"  (Read 8928 times)

Offline baldeagle

• LGM Member

Re: Eddie heyward playing "Changed"
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2007, 03:01:31 PM »
Man forget yall!  Im bout to go shed to Richard Smallwood's "Total Praise" for 3 hours!!!  I just feel like blazing right now!  Man Im bout to snap as soon as I reach the half way mark, "Yooouu Arreeeee.....(ratatatatat bobobobobom bishhhh!!!!!!)   :o  :o  :o OOOOhhhhhh man Im bout to buuuuullllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this balad!!!!!   :o :o :o  .....But wait!  I better get another cell phone first, cause once they hear me blaze "Total Praise" Imma get crazy calls to be on everybody's tour!  "Yooooooooooouuuuuuuuuu AAAAAAAAAAArrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeee ....(skapapapapapapapapa docadoodle doodle doodle dishhhhhhhh!)   :o :o :o

Ay, Sheen, I always leave inspired when you play. This is some of the best beat-boxing I've ever read! You are just an all-around great body-percussionist. ;D

Since you've requested it, I can fulfill this request:

First "measure" in 3/8, the rest are in 4/4: (ratatatatat bobobobobom bishhhh!!!!!!), Second measure (the third goes over the bar), fourth measure (the fifth goes over the bar, too), fifth measure and the sixth measure: (skapa/papa/papa/papa/pa/doca/doodle/doodle /doodle/dishhhhhhhh!)  
Counted: 1e 2&3/1234/1/1&2&3&4&/1/1e2e3e4e/1

Legend
bishhhh and dishhhhhhhh are crashes (16" and 18", respectively)
ratatatatat is the snare, so is skapa and papa (14" for a full bodied ratatat sound -when you hit that skapa and papa, those are the accents)
bobobobobom are the floor toms (16" and 18" for the full effect)
doca is the 10" tom
doodle is the 12" tom

Yes, that's the count if you sound it out and write it.  It's a masterpiece, Kev - go ahead and send this to the Library of Congress.  It's near Regan International in D.C.  I'll go with you. 

Thanks, man. Now I can take this to the shed with me. I've got work to do. These are some pretty complicated rhythms.
It's God's way. . . or Hell to pay

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2007, 03:05:31 PM »
Thanks, man. Now I can take this to the shed with me. I've got work to do. These are some pretty complicated rhythms.

;D No pain, no gain, baldeagle!!! ;D
~ This thread is beyond hijacked - it's been kidnapped... ~

Offline soul_drummer

• LGM Member
  • Jesus, I Love You

« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2007, 04:02:04 PM »
Man forget yall!  Im bout to go shed to Richard Smallwood's "Total Praise" for 3 hours!!!  I just feel like blazing right now!  Man Im bout to snap as soon as I reach the half way mark, "Yooouu Arreeeee.....(ratatatatat bobobobobom bishhhh!!!!!!)   :o  :o  :o OOOOhhhhhh man Im bout to buuuuullllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this balad!!!!!   :o :o :o  .....But wait!  I better get another cell phone first, cause once they hear me blaze "Total Praise" Imma get crazy calls to be on everybody's tour!  "Yooooooooooouuuuuuuuuu AAAAAAAAAAArrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeee ....(skapapapapapapapapa docadoodle doodle doodle dishhhhhhhh!)   :o :o :o

LOL......
Perfect Practice Makes Perfect

Offline smarkland38

• LGM Member
    • myspace.com

« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2007, 04:41:34 PM »
Maybe I missed something....  Yes, he is playing a lot of notes, but if you're really listening, he plays the song from start to finish.  He is not "running away" from the band, he is interacting with the band.  I don't hear "immaturity", but a great deal of musical maturity. 

He doesn't start "blazing" until the 3:54 mark, which is more than halfway thru the clip.  Not only does he match the band dynamically, HE shapes in musical phrases.  In watching the clip several times, I honestly don't see what makes him an "immature drummer."  I am watching this clip LOOKING for things to call him out on...  The only thing I can see is that he looks like Donkey Kong while he's playing.  Thats all.

I just do not see it guys...  Sorry. :-\

I second that Bruh! He is a very mature drummer, and he is interacting with the organist. The Bass player was doing his thing as well  8)[/b][/color]
I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST THAT STRENGTHENS ME!!!

www.myspace.com/sidmark

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2007, 05:03:08 PM »
LOL!  I love yall dudes...yall wild!   :D :D :D

Offline juSe

• LGM Member
  • Call me juSe Wayne

« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2007, 05:40:23 PM »

Clownin!
You Are Your Only Limitation!!

Offline amandaag

• LGM Member

« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2007, 06:47:27 PM »
Very lively; he actually jumped up a few times  :D

Offline Drumwen

• LGM Member
  • I got T-n-T in the blood!
    • myspace.com

« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2007, 10:39:28 PM »

Clownin!

LOL! Homie dont play dat!!!!!!!!! LOL!

Offline ~aLl_Gr0wN_uP~

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2007, 01:42:31 PM »
I enjoyed the clip, but I couldnt tell wht the song was until the soloist started to sing... the drumming was fine, but the keys didnt sound like the CD at all, atleast not in the beginning... I used to go to Love Center, have heard this song sang by Tramaine in person... I just dont think musically, it did justice. :-\

Offline diligent-hands

• LGM Member
  • NEW SINGLE (60 SECOND PRAYER)

« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2007, 10:56:35 AM »
I enjoyed the clip, but I couldnt tell wht the song was until the soloist started to sing... the drumming was fine, but the keys didnt sound like the CD at all, atleast not in the beginning... I used to go to Love Center, have heard this song sang by Tramaine in person... I just dont think musically, it did justice. :-\
..if u say so...lol

GoDsdrUmmER

Offline ~aLl_Gr0wN_uP~

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2007, 10:57:56 AM »
..if u say so...lol

GoDsdrUmmER

Just my honest opinion... Im not steppin on anyone. For real. I loved the drummer. I was referring to the keys. Sorry :-\

Offline diligent-hands

• LGM Member
  • NEW SINGLE (60 SECOND PRAYER)

« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2007, 11:03:13 AM »
ok i got you ..thanks for clearing that up...

GoDsDrUmmER..

Offline ~aLl_Gr0wN_uP~

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2007, 11:09:47 AM »
ok i got you ..thanks for clearing that up...

GoDsDrUmmER..

Yeah I realize that at times I am as clear as a foggy day. No prob.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up