LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Eddie heyward playing "Changed"  (Read 8936 times)

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

Re: Eddie heyward playing "Changed"
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2007, 02:22:12 PM »
...also if you know Animal thats just the way he plays. you wouldnt get a Cat for a guard dog, means when you hire someone or ask someone to do anything and you know their character then dont expect anything less or more.

Please do not applaud the fact that he is one dimensional.  Good for one thing.  Limited.  Has no control.  Is who he is.  Cant expect anything less or more?  Who wants a musician like that?  That is a shame.  That is nothing to be proud of.  Further more, there's more than one reason why certain people get gigs.  Availability could have been a factor.  Last minute call.  Couldnt get the person they really wanted... 

Offline musiqisme26

• LGM Member
  • Yaron MusicCo. Gospels Fresh Sound!

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2007, 02:35:47 PM »

He gets excited?!  He's a grown man!  Why are you all making excuses for his annoying outbursts on the drum set?  I dont care who he is.  Its still wrong.  This just shows me where (those of you who are protecting him) musical maturity level is.  Stop listening to just the drummer!  It wasnt a shed.  It wasnt a jam session.  It was a church service and a choir was singing.  That song does not call for that animalistic behavior and if I wrote that song, I would be very offended.  And just so you know, Calvin would have never played that song like that.  I would have never played that song like that.  That was very immature.  You all should download more of Mendoza's song files...learn something on LGM for once...this is pitiful.

you view music your way and let others view it theirs.

those who called him for the gig have no complaints and even posted it on youtube so seems to me your wasting your time and breath by insulting his style of playing.

believe it or not there are some who find fault with the way calvin plays. so while he probaly would not have played this song this way guess what he's not even in this clip and neither are you, true story.....

God forbid someone actually play what they feel.

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2007, 02:38:19 PM »
That was a bit too much.  He totally left the rest of the band and choir on that one.  The stops in the music were totally disregarded.  I think the camera made him do all of that.  But as long as some people are impressed by it, he will be encouraged to keep it up.
When you've done your very best, do even better.

Offline Audiocr381ve

• LGM Member
  • Disgusting Board

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2007, 02:45:25 PM »
that's a hot lambo my friend.

Anyway, let's just remember this man is a person. Direct your comments at him as if he were a member of this board. I agree with both dude-on-drums and musiqisme26. Good points.

Offline fretai03

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Fatso
    • My Youth

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2007, 02:47:29 PM »

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Marvin McQuitty jr. (Thank You)

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2007, 02:48:22 PM »
...the 7:28 - 33 mark was crazy. 8)
Psalms 144.1 - "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2007, 02:50:15 PM »

...your wasting your time and breath by insulting his style of playing.

...believe it or not there are some who find fault with the way calvin plays. so while he probaly would not have played this song this way guess what he's not even in this clip and neither are you, true story...

...God forbid someone actually play what they feel...

When did immaturity become a style of playing?  

I mentioned Calvin's name because someone else did in reference to this clip.  I mentioned my name because I can.

And please, play what you feel...in a shed or maybe in your basement.  

That was a bit too much.  He totally left the rest of the band and choir on that one.  The stops in the music were totally disregarded.  I think the camera made him do all of that.  But as long as some people are impressed by it, he will be encouraged to keep it up.

True.  Especially the last part...thats just scary.

...Anyway, let's just remember this man is a person. Direct your comments at him as if he were a member of this board...

True.  Its just frustrating when youre trying to lead cats down the right path and then someone in the light pulls a stunt like this...now everyone thinks its ok because "Gerald's little brother" is doing it.  

HumbleGospelDrummer

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2007, 04:19:56 PM »
;D
HE WAS SHEDDIN' LOL

*lowers head and pulls hat down over my face*

lol........

But Sheen, i feel you man....

Offline ojay16

• LGM Member

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2007, 06:01:16 PM »
This reminds me of the forum topic or discussions surrounding people not respecting drummers who dont have a great deal of chops. Notice the majority of the people who saw this clip were jumpin thru the roof.......If Eddie had played this song without the same amount of licks...and actually played what the song called for...who would really be sayin he was killin'? playin them skinnz? or something like that???? :-\

HumbleGospelDrummer

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2007, 06:12:11 PM »
This reminds me of the forum topic or discussions surrounding people not respecting drummers who dont have a great deal of chops. Notice the majority of the people who saw this clip were jumpin thru the roof.......If Eddie had played this song without the same amount of licks...and actually played what the song called for...who would really be sayin he was killin'? playin them skinnz? or something like that???? :-\

I would

Offline Hotsticks1

• LGM Member
  • Welcome to my world...
    • Myspace

« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2007, 08:24:14 PM »

Nah it definetly wasnt the camera, Eddies on the cam all the time...

Eddies nice man, hands down and I have no problem admiting that he's one of my favs but maybe it was just a smidgen too much, at least for that type of song. But hey, then again who do you know that hold sheds in 6/8...lol, maybe he just needed to let loose...lol
"If thine enemy wrong thee...Buy each of his children a drum"

Offline yamahaboy

• LGM Member
  • I Love Jewels!!

« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2007, 10:54:01 PM »
I thoughT all that was un-called for! That was all a show! >:( Songs like that I try to build up to sound " Big" and full if that makes any sense :-\ But I still make sure that Im not over powering the other people Im playing with.. The guy is good but I couldnt really get with that clip AT ALL! :-[
Richard

Offline musiqisme26

• LGM Member

« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2007, 10:58:42 PM »
I thoughT all that was un-called for! That was all a show! >:( Songs like that I try to build up to sound " Big" and full if that makes any sense :-\ But I still make sure that Im not over powering the other people Im playing with.. The guy is good but I couldnt really get with that clip AT ALL! :-[

what are you talking about, this post or rant-to-be-heard is uncalled for........

Offline yamahaboy

• LGM Member
  • I Love Jewels!!

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2007, 11:08:43 PM »

what are you talking about, this post or rant-to-be-heard is uncalled for........

Ill pray for you homie. Relax. I could see you being mad if you were Eddie ::) Are you? :D ;) :-X
Richard

Offline diligent-hands

• LGM Member
  • NEW SINGLE (60 SECOND PRAYER)

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2007, 11:16:00 PM »
DRUMMA needs a good ol LGM hug....???? somebody hug him 1st though..

GodSdRuMmEr

Offline yamahaboy

• LGM Member
  • I Love Jewels!!

« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2007, 11:31:41 PM »
The Jesus in me, love the Jesus in you, The Jesus in me loves the Jesus in you, So easy, So easy, So easy, Easy to love!!! ;D
Richard

Offline Metronome

• LGM Member

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2007, 11:37:02 PM »
Yo he is nice but he hit the o-d button on that one.....i mean even if it was new school slow jam, like the ending of "The Blood" or somethin i could understand........but that song is madd old!!!! Just play the song.  Those licks did not come natural......nobody thinks of licks when playin changed.....NOBODY!!!! Lol he did some thinkin on that one....
Keep It Funky

Offline musiqisme26

• LGM Member

« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2007, 11:44:17 PM »

Ill pray for you homie. Relax. I could see you being mad if you were Eddie ::) Are you? :D ;) :-X

i bet you wish i was so i could be your friend and invite me to shed with you..............

Offline juSe

• LGM Member
  • Call me juSe Wayne

« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2007, 11:51:01 PM »
Maybe I missed something....  Yes, he is playing a lot of notes, but if you're really listening, he plays the song from start to finish.  He is not "running away" from the band, he is interacting with the band.  I don't hear "immaturity", but a great deal of musical maturity. 

He doesn't start "blazing" until the 3:54 mark, which is more than halfway thru the clip.  Not only does he match the band dynamically, HE shapes in musical phrases.  In watching the clip several times, I honestly don't see what makes him an "immature drummer."  I am watching this clip LOOKING for things to call him out on...  The only thing I can see is that he looks like Donkey Kong while he's playing.  Thats all.

I just do not see it guys...  Sorry. :-\
You Are Your Only Limitation!!

Offline musiqisme26

• LGM Member

« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2007, 11:55:30 PM »
Maybe I missed something....  Yes, he is playing a lot of notes, but if you're really listening, he plays the song from start to finish.  He is not "running away" from the band, he is interacting with the band.  I don't hear "immaturity", but a great deal of musical maturity. 

He doesn't start "blazing" until the 3:54 mark, which is more than halfway thru the clip.  Not only does he match the band dynamically, HE shapes in musical phrases.  In watching the clip several times, I honestly don't see what makes him an "immature drummer."  I am watching this clip LOOKING for things to call him out on...  The only thing I can see is that he looks like Donkey Kong while he's playing.  Thats all.

I just do not see it guys...  Sorry. :-\

some dont understand the difference of being a drummer and a musician, he played the song including the melody
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up