LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I need words to an old song  (Read 7225 times)

Offline catty

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

I need words to an old song
« on: September 14, 2004, 08:28:05 PM »
This is a very old song but the Pastor wants it sung as an invitational song on Sunday.  It goes something like this---

You must have that fire and Holy Ghost, that burning yearning  that keeps the prayer wheel turning.  That kind of religion you cannot conceal.  It makes you move, makes you shout, makes you cry when it's real.  Keep your hands right in the winding chain  till your soul's been anchored in my Jesus name.  You know I'm free within, free from sin.  I know I been born again.

I don't know if these words are correct and there is a verse before it, I think.  Can anybody help me out?  Thanks
"God, My Family, and Music is my life!

Offline RMS2003

• LGM Member
    • YouTube Page

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2004, 04:52:22 PM »
I have the words, no music though. whats your email and I'll send it to you.

Offline RMS2003

• LGM Member
    • YouTube Page

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2004, 11:07:39 PM »
I forgot I got it off of a website, here ya go. Hope this isn't coming too late.

http://www.higherpraise.com/Lyrics4/BornAgain.htm

Offline catty

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

lyrics to an old song
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2004, 08:49:12 PM »
Thanks for the info.  That song on the website you gave me was slightly different from the one I was trying to find.  I wonder if it is the same tune.   It has the same chorus though.  The best part about your response is making me aware of the Higher Praise website which I had never heard of.  See what a blessing you were?

Peace and love

Offline RMS2003

• LGM Member
    • YouTube Page

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2004, 02:04:55 PM »
Your very welcome.  :D I used to have words to a song on my computer that was like this song. Well at least the chorus was the same, but the verses were different. I didn't check the chords but I'd assume they were the same.

Yes, the Higher Praise website is one of the best sites to get songs from. Someone told me about it some months back and I've found several songs there.

Offline RMS2003

• LGM Member
    • YouTube Page

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2004, 02:31:50 PM »
Here's a the same song but with the verses I was talking about.

You must be born again(Long ago)

VERSE 1:
Long ago, I didn't know about this Jesus, and His love. I had heard about it, but I never felt it. His manna that comes from above. In this life of sin, I could no longer stand. But then I asked, how do I get to know this man. They told me you must be, don't you see, you got to be born again

VERSE 2:
If you're a sinner, looking for something to ease, your troubled mind. Don't go to friends, don't go to loved ones, for no help in them you'll find. When in this life of sin, you can no longer, stand, look up to Jesus, it's good to know this man. You must be, don't you see, you got to be born again.

CHORUS:
You've got to have the Holy Ghost, and the fire. That burning flame, that keeps the prayer wheel turning the kind of religion that you cannot not conceal it makes you move, it makes you shout, it makes you cry when it's real. I'll keep my hands right in the winding chain until my souls been anchored, in my Jesus name. For I'm filled within, free from sin. I've been born again.

There's a video of a lady singing it if you wanna download it, go to http://www.acts238.org/rutledges.wmv and skip to 13:17.

Offline catty

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

reply to old song
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2004, 09:24:04 PM »
THANK YOU!  THAT WAS EXACTLY THE ONE! OMG!  I haven't heard that in years.  And you turned me on to another website which was unknown to me.

Thanks again,
Love and peace
Pages: [1]   Go Up