LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Good Read  (Read 2264 times)

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

A Good Read
« on: November 29, 2007, 09:46:10 PM »
Is anyone's choir or church ministry reading a book collectively¿

My church choir back at home read The Purpose and Power of Praise & Worship by Myles Munroe recently.  Definitely a good book to get a choir focused on true praise and worship in song.
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)

Offline Lildrummaboy66

• LGM Member
  • F L O R I D A G A T O R S

Re: A Good Read
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 09:58:38 PM »
Is anyone's choir or church ministry reading a book collectively¿

My church choir back at home read The Purpose and Power of Praise & Worship by Myles Munroe recently.  Definitely a good book to get a choir focused on true praise and worship in song.

Where can we find this bro?
He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 10:05:17 PM »
Where can we find this bro?

A detailed excerpt of the book can be found here.
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)

Offline Lildrummaboy66

• LGM Member
  • F L O R I D A G A T O R S

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 11:10:18 PM »
Thanks bro!!!! God bless!!
He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love

Offline LyricTenor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Not ONE Muslim joke!! >:-(

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 07:58:05 AM »
I THINK my Bishop has this book.  I'm gonna see about getting it from her.

Skizo Frene

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 12:49:03 PM »
BUMP

I think I'm going to get this today. 

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 12:58:09 PM »
I had this book years ago, I have no Idea where it is.

Skizo Frene

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 01:09:05 PM »
I had this book years ago, I have no Idea where it is.

Is it good?  Get anything out of it?

Offline csedwards2

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Find me on the book

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 02:00:28 PM »
yeah, its good. I bought some for my praise team. It identifies where we fall short in worship, and how we can prepare ourselves to lead the sanctuary in. Now, I must say I hesitated on reading this, not buying it. I think if you're a praise and worship leader or will be, or MOM or future MOM; any book on praise and worhsip is worth having and taking a look at. But I hesitated because when I think of music, Myles is not the one I think of. Because he is not a musician or singer, I kind of put that book on the backburner, and looked at other books from Praise leaders and the like. However, after being convinced by my then new MOM that it was tight, I went ahead and read it. It is a good book, and he takes on the ministerial portion of it all; which in contrast, is way more important than the music anyway.

Skizo Frene

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 02:31:10 PM »
yeah, its good. I bought some for my praise team. It identifies where we fall short in worship, and how we can prepare ourselves to lead the sanctuary in. Now, I must say I hesitated on reading this, not buying it. I think if you're a praise and worship leader or will be, or MOM or future MOM; any book on praise and worhsip is worth having and taking a look at. But I hesitated because when I think of music, Myles is not the one I think of. Because he is not a musician or singer, I kind of put that book on the backburner, and looked at other books from Praise leaders and the like. However, after being convinced by my then new MOM that it was tight, I went ahead and read it. It is a good book, and he takes on the ministerial portion of it all; which in contrast, is way more important than the music anyway.

Oh?  Like?

Thanks for the synopsis btw.  I think I'll get this.

Offline demusicman

• LGM Member
  • http://www.myspace.com/reverenceministry
    • http://www.myspace.com/demusicman

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2009, 12:50:52 AM »
I have not read this one yet but I will be sure to add this to my list. Our worship leaders and praise team have been reading and studying "Soaring with Eagles: Seven keys to Developing a Worship Lifestyle" by Dr. Leonard Scott. It's really a good book for anyone desiring an intimate relationship with God. If we are to lead worship we are to live worship. You can't lead where you have not gone.

However, I think I'm going to purchase this one today and implement this as our next study.
Daniel E. Smalls, Minister of Music & Worship Arts
Heaven Bound Ministries Worship Center

Offline jolies

• LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2010, 10:09:26 PM »
This is an excellent book.  It speaks to the very essence of how powerful praise and worship is. I would recommend that all choir members/MOM's/musicians and pastors read it.

Jolie S

Offline syddie

• LGM Member

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2010, 03:54:48 PM »
Another good read is Dynamics of Worship by James Gills.  I got a copy from Amazon.com for $4-5.  Very powerful and very clear.
Pages: [1]   Go Up