LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lyrics & Chords to "This Is the Lord's Church" ????  (Read 10868 times)

Offline ceesann

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Lyrics & Chords to "This Is the Lord's Church" ????
« on: December 09, 2007, 11:51:22 AM »
Can someone help.  I heard it at the Potters House years ago when I lived in the area.  It went something like this: "This is the Lord's church, and Jesus is Lord.  This is the church that God (?) is building on His word (?)..... the gates of hell will not prevail!".......that's all I remember.  It had an old gospel groove, feel to it.

Offline PianoWizard

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • 費思是能力到不恐慌

Re: Lyrics & Chords to "This Is the Lord's Church" ????
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 03:47:03 PM »
Welcome to the LGM family "ceesann"....Soz I don't know this song but I'm sure that a member will attempt to assist you....Be Blessed.

PianoWiz...

Offline wlewle

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 02:07:22 PM »
I just heard this song in my church, it goes like this.
"This is the Lor's church and Jesus is Lord, this is the church the Lord has established by his word, this is the church the Lord has build and the gates of hell shall not prevail, this is the Lord's church and Jesus is Lord."
Enjoy! wlewle

Offline PianoClubhouse

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Don't talk about it....BE about it!
    • PianoClubhouse.com

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 09:39:10 PM »
Can someone help.  I heard it at the Potters House years ago when I lived in the area.  It went something like this: "This is the Lord's church, and Jesus is Lord.  This is the church that God (?) is building on His word (?)..... the gates of hell will not prevail!".......that's all I remember.  It had an old gospel groove, feel to it.

Yup, i'm a member there, and to this day we are STILL rockin' that song every Sunday....LOL. Thats the selection for the  visitors meet & greet time....been singin' it for years. Either Bishop Jakes wrote it or Marcus Dawson (he plays for Jakes when he travels). I don't believe its recorded anywhere though.  And over the years, they've remixed it about 3 different times...i can't even remember what the original sounds like anymore! LOL.

If/when i get confirmation of who actually wrote it, i'll post.

Offline keysrme2010

• LGM Member
  • I'm just a servant and I'm not even worthy of that

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 10:26:44 AM »
I know a woman who attends his church but visits mine often her name is Joy Alman
Pages: [1]   Go Up