LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: It's so sad...  (Read 4267 times)

Offline takuya

• LGM Member

It's so sad...
« on: December 11, 2007, 07:26:21 PM »
...that this room is so empty. :(  I'm still learning, so I can't really be a contributor for traditional gospel in terms of teaching it.

Perhaps those with the knowledge just don't have computers...

Anyway, just thought I'd share my thoughts. :)

Offline takuya

• LGM Member

Re: It's so sad...
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 07:29:36 PM »
Perhaps because there is no specific instrument designated, people just post "traditional" stuff in the corresponding instrument room.  Or maybe this room was never designated for instruction, but just for discussion of traditional gospel. ?/?

Offline SisterCM

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 08:14:11 PM »
...that this room is so empty. :(  I'm still learning, so I can't really be a contributor for traditional gospel in terms of teaching it.

I want to post here but I am still learning, too. 

And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;  Colossians 3:23

Offline teresac

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 10:29:25 PM »
I'm learning too.  Post what you know.  We can help each other.  And maybe some of the others will pop in too.

Offline SisterCM

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 11:49:41 AM »
I am learning to play by sight, chords and by ear.  I am making good progress.  The songs that I have learned to play I don’t know if I should post the chords or notes (a copy of the sheet music).  Please give me your advice.

Thank you in advance.
And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;  Colossians 3:23

Offline teresac

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 12:25:04 PM »
The sheet music says it all.  But then every one does not read.  So why not post both?

Offline SisterCM

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 12:39:34 PM »
The sheet music says it all.  But then every one does not read.  So why not post both?

ok, will do!  I can't post anything right now.  Tomorrow I will post a couple of beginner level 1 & 2 songs. :)

Offline Bassyboy

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 07:00:29 PM »

I know what you mean....Many people just bother to just talk professionally in the other forums BUT dont bother to pop in to the traditional side and help out beginners.....I think they should express the and make the other forums(like this one) get used from everyone... :(
Time is near until the son of man returns, so he that stays FIRM until the end will be saved........

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007, 11:26:46 AM »
Traditional music is hard to teach because:

1.  Most people now-a-days who learning didn't grow up in the traditional era.  All they know is what's going on right now.

2.  The people who did grow up in the traditional era don't know how to effectively teach what they know.

3.  People who did grow up in that era and can effectively teach are scared to post.

4.  Some don't care about the old school, they want to play the hot stuff.

If you wanna be real, music hasn't really changed.  The same chords they used back then are still being used today.  The only difference is the sound quality and the use of more altered chords.  More and more people are getting educated about music and are experimenting with other styles. 

Gone are the days when you can just pluck at the board and come up with something that will get u by, you gotta get out and hunt for the information.  You need to be educated on the music terms so that you can learn from others and so that others can learn from you.  We all gotta speak the same language, so that's what this site is for.

If I knew how to teach more traditional style of music, I would.  But, I don't know how to effectively do this, so that's why I don't post much in this forum.  There are over 10,000 members on this site, I'm sure there is somebody out there who can help in this forum.  Don't be scared to post, we are all here to learn and grow from one another.
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline musallio

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Merry Christmas to you :-)
    • Hear & Play page

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2007, 06:23:51 AM »
Hey sisters & brothers out there, your cries are very legitimate & I am one of U.
But One has 2 commend T-Block 4 his good, if not excellent answer..

U will notice that T-Block has actually posted some traditional stuff which is on a sticky..It was quitedifficult for me 2 play because it is just so different.

I think the key is understanding what is being played now, listening to the traditional stuff, & then using your knowledge 2 play the traditional stuff..

In the short time that I've been playing, I know that the traditional stuff is more basic than the contemporary stuff..at least the South African traditional stuff is basic in terms of the chord usage etc..

My advice to you would be to learn as much as you can from these posts & U will be able to play traditional stuff by ear ;)
Powered & Sponsored by Jesus Christ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up