LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: STANDING IN THE NEED OF PRAYER-BEGINNER  (Read 11415 times)

Offline SisterCM

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

STANDING IN THE NEED OF PRAYER-BEGINNER
« on: December 14, 2007, 03:38:25 PM »
STANDING IN THE NEED OF PRAYER

Chorded by:  SisterCM

Key of C

LH/RH   LYRICS
4/4

/E   IT’S
/E   ME
C-E-G/      IT’S
C-E-G/      ME
/E      IT’S
C-E-G/E   ME
B-F-G/D   OH
C-E-G/C   LORD
C-E-G/C   STAND-
/C   ING
/C   IN
/C   THE
B-F-G/D   NEED
/D   OF
C-E-G/E   PRAYER
   /E   IT’S
/E   ME
C-E-G/      IT’S
C-E-G/      ME
/E   IT’S
C-E-G/E   ME
B-F-G/D   OH
C-E-G/C   LORD
C-E-G/C   STAND-
/C   ING
/C   IN
/C   THE
B-F-G/E   NEED
/D   OF
C-E-G/E   PRAYER
C-F-A/
C-E-G/
/E   NOT
/D#   MY
C-E-G/E   BROTH-
/D#   ER
/E   NOT
/D#   MY
C-E-G/E   SIS-
/D#   STER
/E   BUT
/D#   IT’S
C-E-G/C   ME
B-F-G/D   OH
C-E-G/C   LORD
C-E-G/C   STAND-
/C   ING
/C   IN
/C   THE
B-F-G/D   NEED
   /D   OF
C-E-G/E   PRAYER
/E   NOT
/D#   MY
C-E-G/E   BROTH-
/D#   ER
/E   NOT
/D#   MY
C-E-G/E   SIS-
/D#   STER
/E   BUT
/D#   IT’S
C-E-G/C   ME
B-F-G/D   OH
C-E-G/C   LORD
C-E-G/C   STAND-
/C   ING
/C   IN
/C   THE
B-F-G/E   NEED
   /D   OF
C-E-G/C   PRAYER
C-F-A/
C-E-G
/E   IT’S
/E   ME
C-E-G/      IT’S
C-E-G/      ME
/E      IT’S
C-E-G/E   ME
B-F-G/D   OH
C-E-G/C   LORD
C-E-G/C   STAND-
/C   ING
/C   IN
/C   THE
B-F-G/D   NEED
/D   OF
C-E-G/E   PRAYER
   /E   IT’S
/E   ME
C-E-G/      IT’S
C-E-G/      ME
/E   IT’S
C-E-G/E   ME
B-F-G/D   OH
C-E-G/C   LORD
C-E-G/C   STAND-
/C   ING
/C   IN
/C   THE
B-F-G/E   NEED
/D   OF
C-E-G/E   PRAYER
C-F-A/
C-E-G/

And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;  Colossians 3:23

Offline teresac

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: STANDING IN THE NEED OF PRAYER-BEGINNER
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 10:15:05 PM »
Very nice beginner's version.  What is the title of your music book?

Offline SisterCM

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 07:32:41 AM »
Very nice beginner's version.  What is the title of your music book?

Alfred's Basic Adult Piano Course  Level 1
Adult All-IN-One Course
Lesson-Theory-Technic

I will be finishing this book by the end of January moving up to level 2.

What music book are you using?

And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;  Colossians 3:23

Offline teresac

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 11:40:41 PM »
I had my first lesson this past Saturday. I'm not using any book right now.  I can read music fairly well. I want to play by ear and to improvise.

My 10-year-old grandson was using Alfred's Teach Yourself to Play Piano.  But my grandson didn't like the songs in the book.  So I gave the piano teacher the easy version of AMEN. The teacher showed him the correct fingering.  So now my grandson is working on AMEN.  My grandson prefers this to the piano book. I have three other grandsons, 4-year-old twins, and their 3-year brother.  They like to sing.  So the 10-year-old plays AMEN while his younger cousins sing. By the time my grandson can play AMEN proficiently, I'll select another song for him to play.  

I'm working on the stride technique. The piano teacher played a very nice AMEN using stride.  He has me working on the left hand.  He wants me to practice the stride progression ( I IV V7) in every key.  I found this to be boring. So once I got the stride going halfway decent, I started playing single notes, AMEN, with the right hand.   This  sounded pretty good and had a nice bounce to it.  So I started playing other songs (using single notes in the right hand, stride in the left hand) like Jesus On The Mainline, Victory Is Mine, etc.  Very nice and challenging ... I'm acquiring hand independence and it's making my brain twist.

My next lesson is after New Year's Day; even so I better make sure that I can play my assigned lesson without getting ahead of myself. ;)

I'll post one of my practices once I get it smooth.  With the help of my piano teacher, I'll develop a similar practice routine for the level 1 and level 2 beginner.

One day, we'll have this room rocking.   :D We'll be the rocking gannies!!!

Offline SisterCM

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 05:33:26 PM »
I had my first lesson this past Saturday. I'm not using any book right now.  I can read music fairly well. I want to play by ear and to improvise.

My 10-year-old grandson was using Alfred's Teach Yourself to Play Piano.  But my grandson didn't like the songs in the book.  So I gave the piano teacher the easy version of AMEN. The teacher showed him the correct fingering.  So now my grandson is working on AMEN.  My grandson prefers this to the piano book. I have three other grandsons, 4-year-old twins, and their 3-year brother.  They like to sing.  So the 10-year-old plays AMEN while his younger cousins sing. By the time my grandson can play AMEN proficiently, I'll select another song for him to play.  

I'm working on the stride technique. The piano teacher played a very nice AMEN using stride.  He has me working on the left hand.  He wants me to practice the stride progression ( I IV V7) in every key.  I found this to be boring. So once I got the stride going halfway decent, I started playing single notes, AMEN, with the right hand.   This  sounded pretty good and had a nice bounce to it.  So I started playing other songs (using single notes in the right hand, stride in the left hand) like Jesus On The Mainline, Victory Is Mine, etc.  Very nice and challenging ... I'm acquiring hand independence and it's making my brain twist.

My next lesson is after New Year's Day; even so I better make sure that I can play my assigned lesson without getting ahead of myself. ;)

I'll post one of my practices once I get it smooth.  With the help of my piano teacher, I'll develop a similar practice routine for the level 1 and level 2 beginner.

One day, we'll have this room rocking.   :D We'll be the rocking gannies!!!

The Rocking Granniesthat's us!

My granddaughter is learning some nice beginner’s hymns; I can post some of them if you think that would be something that your grandson would enjoy learning.  I have some more songs that I will post later. Do you think he would enjoy learning a beginner’s version of the First Noel or Silent Night?

I have learnt a beginner’s version of Kum-Ba- Yah I will post it later.

Offline teresac

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 10:39:53 PM »
My grandson has already played Silent Night.  But post anyway.  There may be others who want it.

Offline SisterCM

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 08:05:16 PM »
Nice! 

Offline teresac

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 08:21:37 PM »
 :) Very Nice

Offline chriscaesar21

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 11:11:43 AM »
hey do you know ride on king Jesus By the Wilmington Chester Mass Choir in Eb?
Pages: [1]   Go Up