LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Standard Practice Routine  (Read 6124 times)

Offline Fenix

• LGM Member

Re: Standard Practice Routine
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2008, 02:15:54 PM »
Me too! I'm afraid that this area has also been overlooked in my playing, I am learning to
use it, but I tend to make a lot of mistakes when using it especially when I am
concentrating on more than one area i.e. playing+(singing) or reading. I think the study of
the pedal comes with the study of legato (playing smoothly connected notes) .
It shouldn't be to hard to incorporate the pedal into your playing but I think the longer you leave it out is the harder it is to learn new behaviour, Which is why I will be studying piano teqnique very soon. so not to pick up too many bad habits.

Yep, the longer you leave it out of your playing, the harder it is to use it. For those who don't use the pedal, the tendency is to try and find passing chords all the time or bang away on the current chord until its time to move to the next chord. The pedal gives you fluidity of movement from one sound to the next without that awkward break in sound.

It can be a big hassle, at least to me, to play legato without the pedal, especially in the context of worship music. I need that smooth moving sound like a crack head needs his fix.
The car, job, house wife/husband are not the reward, God is.

Offline musallio

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Merry Christmas to you :-)
    • Hear & Play page

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2008, 07:40:12 PM »
Fenbox, you don't like typing , do U... :D

Coming to the sustain pedal, I don't have 1 currently, so I'm reduced to playing in that style U've just explained..I can't wait to get a good sustain level & move my playing to a sweeter level..
Powered & Sponsored by Jesus Christ...

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2008, 12:01:05 PM »
Do any 1 have any suggesting for the musicians that are busy learning choir and Praise Team songs for the week that dont have time to practice what they want because they have deadlines they have to meet before Sunday.

Do you control the songs that are being played?
:)

Offline MMCOGICboy

• LGM Member

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2008, 06:42:01 PM »
i finally made tried my practice routine for a change! But i didn't make it thru it. I have to make a few changes. From now on until i get this material under my fingers so to say. I will have to focus on one key per day. If i do that i believe it will only be a 1 1/2 hour to get thru the whole thing cleanly.
Always remember Psalms 33:3- Sing unto him a new song; play skillfully with a loud noise.

Offline musallio

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Hear & Play page

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2008, 07:13:12 PM »
I'm scared of the idea of 1 key per day..
I know it is also very effective & effecient, but I'd rather do something in at least 4 "unrelated" keys per day..
In that way i don't start developing favorites.
But that's just me..
But I like to at least get a feel of all the keys each time I practice, whether it's just playing a quick verse of a song in a different key or just playing a short song in all the keys.

Offline MMCOGICboy

• LGM Member

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2008, 10:39:04 PM »
I'm scared of the idea of 1 key per day..
I know it is also very effective & effecient, but I'd rather do something in at least 4 "unrelated" keys per day..
In that way i don't start developing favorites.
But that's just me..
But I like to at least get a feel of all the keys each time I practice, whether it's just playing a quick verse of a song in a different key or just playing a short song in all the keys.

thats a great idea also. Im try that later on when i get comfortable with the chord structures and etc. Plus some the chords i will be moving cromatically and around the key circles (4ths and 5ths)
Always remember Psalms 33:3- Sing unto him a new song; play skillfully with a loud noise.

Offline chevonee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Back and better than ever!
    • God's Glory

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2008, 12:38:31 AM »
How long does this take?  :o :-\
WOW, I was thinking the same thing!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Some of these practice routines makes my practice routine look like child's play. My LAWD HAVE MERCY...I've gotta go back and re-work my routine so I can become MONSTER BEAST-E-CES like yall.  ;D ;)
Strike while the iron is hot!

Offline musallio

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Hear & Play page

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2008, 05:33:19 PM »
WOW, I was thinking the same thing!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Some of these practice routines makes my practice routine look like child's play. My LAWD HAVE MERCY...I've gotta go back and re-work my routine so I can become MONSTER BEAST-E-CES like yall.  ;D ;)

I felt exactly the same way after reading!! :D

I just consoled my self by saying: It's ok Mus, U'r just a part time hobbyist who's just helping out :D :D

Offline chevonee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Back and better than ever!
    • God's Glory

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2008, 12:38:49 PM »
I felt exactly the same way after reading!! :D

I just consoled my self by saying: It's ok Mus, U'r just a part time hobbyist who's just helping out :D :D
Are you kidding, you are one of the BEASTS ;) that I want to be like...fa' real :o ;D ;) ;)
Strike while the iron is hot!

Offline musallio

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Hear & Play page

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2008, 08:22:55 PM »
Are you kidding, you are one of the BEASTS ;) that I want to be like...fa' real :o ;D ;) ;)

I'd love to play with you Vonne..

Most women  I've heard play play so beautifully 8)
Wouldn't mind teaming up with 1 from here.
I can take the synths, Fenbox back with Strings & guitar on the motif..U13 on the organ..We make a complete group...Since U & T always go together, he can be on the drums for you.
We can get BF_BT to play bass...Wolfram can do the alto sax.
TMR or B_Jizzle20 can mix & produce for us. 8)

We'll be the LGM Manstra ;D

If the pilot project works, we'll group the whole fam into teams & have a blast of a biannual fest :o 8)

Offline MemphisKeys

• LGM Member

« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2008, 11:13:48 PM »
Hey....I practice on scales chords and still learning how to voice but i don't understand it yet....and im workin on my ear training and just need help understanding how to detect progressions....thanks...
Music is my Best friend
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up