LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: QOTW (12/16-12/22) Should you be tested¿  (Read 755 times)

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

QOTW (12/16-12/22) Should you be tested¿
« on: December 17, 2007, 09:40:25 AM »
Should ministers be tested on Biblical knowledge as a step to becoming a licensed minister¿
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

Re: QOTW (12/16-12/22) Should you be tested¿
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 11:53:13 AM »
You mean to tell they aren't, now?  ?/? ::)
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 12:09:44 PM »
I know you're being somewhat facetious, but let me clarify a little:

Some churches make their associate pastors/elders in training take knowledge tests on events/scriptures in the Bible.  The question is 'Do you think it's right to have these tests to determine their licensing¿'
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 03:20:03 PM »
To the original question and the clarified one, I say...

uhhhh.... YEAHHHH...

If you can't minister the Word of God, what on earth will you minister?

And the only thing worse than a minister who doesn't know scripture is one who kinda, sorta knows it but jacks it up because they either don't rightly divide it, haven't studied it for themselves so they're just parroting what someone else said, or they're misquoting it altogether.

I have written a couple of curricula for MIT programs, and both of them are quite scripture-intensive, as I think that's the most important skill a minister needs.
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline SirTJ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 03:26:34 PM »
To the original question and the clarified one, I say...

uhhhh.... YEAHHHH...

If you can't minister the Word of God, what on earth will you minister?

And the only thing worse than a minister who doesn't know scripture is one who kinda, sorta knows it but jacks it up because they either don't rightly divide it, haven't studied it for themselves so they're just parroting what someone else said, or they're misquoting it altogether.

I have written a couple of curricula for MIT programs, and both of them are quite scripture-intensive, as I think that's the most important skill a minister needs.

And that's the most dangerous one of them all...especially when the person they're parroting doesn't know what he/she is talking about either. It begins a never-ending chain of carbon copy ministers who contribute absolutely NOTHING to the ministry. Any dumb blonde, of which I hope their are none present on LGM...or at least reading this thread, lol can get up and repeat what someone else says.
Pages: [1]   Go Up