LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Purpose of the Music Ministry  (Read 1393 times)

Offline jgause2

• LGM Member

The Purpose of the Music Ministry
« on: June 18, 2007, 02:04:39 PM »
GOD BLESS YOU ALL! 

I hope everybody is having a blessed afternoon.  I was talking to a few of the youth at my local church who also happen to sing in the choir.  I was trying to explain to them the purpose of the Music Ministry, and that when we sing on Sundays, we're not up there singing just because, but we're doing a service unto the Lord.  It suprised me how many of the youth viewed singing in the choir as just something to do.  How can I really explain the purpose of the Music Ministry to them in a way that they can understand.  Not only for our youth, but also the adults who may not understand either.

What do you believe is the Purpose of being involved in the Music Ministry????
The only place where "success" comes before "work" is in the dictionary

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

Re: The Purpose of the Music Ministry
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 02:47:34 PM »
GOD BLESS YOU ALL! 

I hope everybody is having a blessed afternoon.  I was talking to a few of the youth at my local church who also happen to sing in the choir.  I was trying to explain to them the purpose of the Music Ministry, and that when we sing on Sundays, we're not up there singing just because, but we're doing a service unto the Lord.  It suprised me how many of the youth viewed singing in the choir as just something to do.  How can I really explain the purpose of the Music Ministry to them in a way that they can understand.  Not only for our youth, but also the adults who may not understand either.

What do you believe is the Purpose of being involved in the Music Ministry????

Someone pointed me in this direction; it may prove to helpful.  ;)

http://www.heartoftheartist.org/
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline Formuzik

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 11:30:35 AM »
Music ministry is two-fold:  We minister to God with the gifts He's given us; and we teach, encourage, build up, and evangelize those around us.  (Psalm 150) (Colosians 3:16)  I "pound" these two concepts into my music people every chance I get so that the focus is never lost.

Offline chosenandcalled

• LGM Member
  • I John 4:16- He that dwelleth in love...

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 10:18:03 AM »
God Bless You.

To me, the purpose of the music ministry is to bring out a message or a word in song. the music ministry is vital to a ministry and is needed. like for example someone might come in and feel down or might be bound and yall sing a song that might encourage that person to move on. yeah, its something to do but its a gift from God to man. They must learn that they are music  ministers themselves.
Chosenandcalled

many are called but few are CHOSEN......

Offline themidiroom

• LGM Member
  • A genius at work?
    • TMR Studio

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 09:04:41 AM »
In one way, I see the music ministry as an appetizer for the word.  It can help to put you in a better spirit to receive the message.  I also see it as a way for the choir and musicians to worship Him.  I'm not that great of an organist but I allow God to use me.
http://www.tmrstudio.com
Musical beauty is in the ears of the beholder.

Offline IGotSkillzJustNeedDatPush

• LGM Member
  • ME!!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 05:18:37 PM »
I feel the same as the others in this department.  Singing is not just a talent, but mainly it is a gift from God Himself.  He personally annointed certain people to minister in song.  Because some people may not be able to necessarily preach God's word, but through song, they can still minister and teach the gospel.  And some people are actually more in tune with ministry in music, and some people are reached by that instead of being reached by the preached word.  So I believe that once we singers realize that we are actually ministers of the gospel of Jesus, then we will look at it in a different perspective.  Other than just something to do.  We're given mission once we have been given a position, and the mission is to preach His word through song.  That someone may be saved, or delivered, redeemed, or whatever the need may be.  I see it as work, or labor, or whatever you wanna call it.  But I feel you, I think that every Christian organization has this problem at some point and time.  And just stay in prayer about this, that they may see the light, and the purpose behind their singing.  Worshipping, praising, and giving God His glory and honour.  God Bless brother
* God's So Good *
Pages: [1]   Go Up