LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Your opinions for synth bass  (Read 977 times)

Offline dfwkeys

• LGM Member

Your opinions for synth bass
« on: December 27, 2007, 12:02:19 PM »
On a lot of R&B sets i'm noticing some bass players play the synth bass instead of the actually bass, it sounds really good, but what are your opinions on this.

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

Re: Your opinions for synth bass
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 07:59:34 PM »
It's all about recreating what is heard on the CD.  It's been like that for years.  For some of these artists today, if you can't play keyboard bass, you don't get the gig.  Usher's and his MD Valdez Brantley have opted for keyboard bass entirely, after having Alex Evans playing or him on his first live DVD in 2000.  I really didn't understand that.  I always appreciate hearing a real bass guitar, but some of thse cats can really put it down on keyboard bass.  I feel it has it's place, but aint nothing like hearing some good ol' fashioned runs on the real deal.
When you've done your very best, do even better.

Offline hands5

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 08:16:35 AM »
 When I was playing secuilar music back in the day ( 80's top/40 ) it pretty much was a requirement if you wanted to get the socalled  A+ gigs.
At 1st, I thought those of us  were doing it for that reason sounded like bass players who were terrible keyboard players, but it turned out that it was a good thing to have in your resume because the music defanantley ( and did ) change.

Offline fbass

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 05:35:33 PM »
keybass kills........ case and point the king jae deal on key bass search youtube for:

healed 1
rejoice 1
jae deal

Offline musallio

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Merry Christmas to you :-)
    • Hear & Play page

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 06:09:43 PM »
If it works, use it brother..that's my call..

Then what would be the point of purchasing these very expensive items if U won't even be using 3/4 of the features in the name of using the "original thing"!

Then lets just stop producing keyboards & see where music will be..

Keys are the way 2 go ;)
Powered & Sponsored by Jesus Christ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up